Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

10 second clip for Make Your Mark.

CastletonSnob

Animation looks a tad rough, but looks like they're still working on it. Looks good even with that in mind. :)

• Brohoof 4

Doesn't look anywhere near as clean as A New Generation did, admittedly. I do believe this is still being actively worked on though, so I imagine this will be ironed out when it is actually released. I did always suspect it would look worse than the film itself in general as well though, so I am not too upset yet. So long as the choppiness is straightened out, I am still looking forward to this.

• Brohoof 6

This is a welcome surprise. I didn’t expect to see anything like this just yet.

Like others have mentioned, the animation looks rough. I hope that it is still being worked on and is then polished for the official release.

• Brohoof 5

While it is clear that the animation is a downgrade from the movie, I would say that it doesn't bother me too much.  The character models themselves look fine, and it is only really the backgrounds I find issues with.  As long as they get polished up a bit as the series continues, I think I'll be fine with how it looks.

• Brohoof 3

Have to agree with the animation comments (mostly with Zipp's flight animation, everything else is looking ok), but hopefully they're still working on getting the animation cleaned up and less stiff for the official release

• Brohoof 2

Well this was an interesting surprise to wake up to this morning! 

It's so great to see more of Pipp in the movie style.

Yeah, some small things seem a little rough, but I'm pretty sure they're gonna polish things up before the official release, or before the trailer!! :3 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

And here's a screencap of the Netflix series.

2849514__safe_screencap_hitch+trailblaze

Oh I LOVE this! Their personalities just ooze from this! <3

Obviously, that animation's a work in progress. :fluttershy: 

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

And here's a screencap of the Netflix series.

2849514__safe_screencap_hitch+trailblaze

When it turns out like that...oh yeah. :squee: Regardless, the last part of the clip with the storm brewing got me pumped. Oh, I really do hope they're going with some kind of epic plot for this show to balance out what we're getting with Tell Your Tale. 

• Brohoof 1

The choppiness I can see being fixed but I'm betting the "plastic/CGI" look will stay...unless Hasbro wants to break that mold and make their feature movie and series have the same look...which I doubt as many other higher grossing  movies and spinoff series never did.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

The choppiness I can see being fixed but I'm betting the "plastic/CGI" look will stay...unless Hasbro wants to break that mold and make their feature movie and series have the same look...which I doubt as many other higher grossing  movies and spinoff series never did.

Heh, there's already a better quality upload of the clip. 

Even more sure the final product's going to look awesome now. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I'm not the most excited or surprised by the look of the animation. While it would've been great to have the same quality of animation as the movie for Make Your Mark, it was unlikely that would be the case. Like many have said so far, the animation overall looks rough and stiff, especially when it comes to movement. Plus, the backgrounds look very plain. That being said, there is a chance this is just meant to be a promo, and the finished product will look a little better. And despite this animations shortcomings, it is still better than Tell Your Tale's animation in my opinion; especially when it comes to the character designs. While I still wish that G5 could have a clean 2D animation similar to that of the 2017 movie, this isn't the worst 3D animation I've seen. Hopefully the writing of MYM will be good.

• Brohoof 1

That first clip was only 360. Obviously it didn't look great. The second was much better. Didn't look quite as good as the movie but they may tweek it even more and I don't mind if that's as good as it gets. Still really nice.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not all that bothered by the quality of the animation TBH.  It doesn't need to look as good as the film, as long as it does its job of looking kind of like it.  Besides, given how...simplistic...the animation for Tell Your Tale is, I'll take it.  

Nah, there are other hills to die on, and plenty of other ways in which this series likely won't live up to the legacy of FiM.  You know what?  I'm looking forward to it so I can say I've given it a proper chance, and then I'll more than likely make a thread to the effect of "help me like this", name pending.