Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

would G5 have been different if G4 didn't turn out the way it did?

phantompone1148

(edited)

G4 seemed to change the way the public saw MLP. Hasbro saw that and made G5. so it appeals to both kids AND adults alike.

G4 brought in both kids and adults while the generations in between G1 and G4 (G3, G3.5) went for just kids. But, would G5 still have been the way it is right now if G4 didn't turn out the way it did? 

by all of this, I mean “if Hasbro excepted someone else’s vision for the G4, would G5 be different?“ 

Edited by phantompone1148

6 hours ago, phantompone1148 said:

Hasbro saw

Lauren Faust was invited by one of the girls responsible for trying to come up with G4. That was an indirect indirection of a thing. Hasbro did get rid of Faust at the mid Season 2, and started targeting Bronies on YouTube, terminating their own projects, and eventually tried to change the "Friendship is Magic" brand, at least for the toys.

Fast forward to G5. Done by a completely different studio. Has a few writers from G4, but that's about it. I don't see or sense a link between the original vision of Lauren Faust and G5.

G5 is targeting smartphone kids. Smartphones are used by adults as well, especially on social media, and that would probably be the same even without G4. I don't know about the jokes that G5 pulled off in the movie, but some might have been a callback to the Bronies, but that is a long shot.

All in all, G5 is a product of 2020. It would have been the same without G4, except the Equestria link. The Equestria link was a complete Hasbro executive marketing move that I believe backfired. The movie didn't explain anything about what happened to the past, and the future looked so much differently, like a different world all together. Like the movie was edited at the last moment to change the world's name.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I imagine that G4 wouldn't be successful as it was if it weren't for Laurent Faust.

I think that if G4 ended at season 3 or didn't become such a hit, G5 wouldn't exist in the same continuity as G4.

The fact that G5 exists in the same continuity as G4 made it very easy to constantly compare the two generations, for the worse.

But I can say that whatever happens after G4 will never lessen the worth of what it achieved in its time.

:ph3ar:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight