Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hate when someone makes food that stink up the kitchen

SIgmaBETA

The gourmet type trash i have to smell here is abominable. I have to open two windows just to get that fish chicken or whatever it is out of the room. Its awful!

Edited by SIgmaBETA
  • Brohoof 1

Well I’ve prepared live fish like tilapia gutted it and all. And my sister would hate that smell of dead fishes that stink up the whole kitchen. I don’t mind it but the family does.

• Brohoof 2

Usually I like the smells coming from the kitchen, but there are always those few exceptions. I can’t pin down a specific example because sometimes the smells, once filtered through several walls and doors, take on an aroma that doesn’t reflect the food in question. Sometimes a harmless bit of Cajun seasoning can seem repulsive when mixed with other smells and diluted, whereas it smells divine when I’m up close and personal with the stuff. I don’t like the smell of certain spices when used in profusion, but it often depends on my mood.

• Brohoof 1

I am quite sensitive to food smells. I avoid eating in the breakroom at work because of this. But the hall with the restrooms is right next to the breakroom and I still have to smell it when I go down that hall. Yuck.

My mom has very limited things she can eat, and some of them smell yucky to me. But that's just the way it is, she can't help it.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I don't mind as long as it's not those very spicy and sour smells. Everything else is fair game. Well maybe add burning smells to that too. :wacko:

Seriously you don't know how spicy or sour something can get sometimes unless you REALLY know. There's some foods my family eats that would classify as chemical warfare. Blended seeds of various hot peppers (and turned into a dipping sauce of sorts) is a huge no-no inside the kitchen. And this one thing where it's like a fermented beans, mushrooms and bok choy mix smells sour and tastes sour and bitter. I think it's supposed to be a palette cleanser but it's just nasty all around. I only ate it to make my grandma feel better. But, yuck! Err.. respectfully :pip-err: :yuck:

• Brohoof 1

Well, food has also a scent and sometimes this scent is stronger and not everybody likes it. It cannot be helped. Mostly Im rather accepting of it, even if appreciate if people open their windows for some foods they cook