Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What have you become more cautious about as you have got older?

Reecejackox

I have on driving a bit given how much ppl are on cell phones it seems even with laws in place telling them not to be :angry:

I feel that the more I grow older the less fuck I’ll give :pout:

• 3 weeks later...

my way of wording things, i was rather unrestrained and only focused on my own pain. I can still be bold at times this is due to being raised a certain way.

Strangely enough.. I game less? wouldn't say cautious about it but it did contain a huge part of my life as child.

• Brohoof 1

Sneezing. I’m serious; whenever I feel a sneeze coming on I have to make sure my whole body is positioned nice and straight so that I won’t jerk any of my old bones out of whack when the big blast hits. If I sneeze when I’m sitting or standing at a funny angle, I usually pull a muscle or something and it’s not pleasant.

Sugar and calorie intake. Many years ago I stopped drinking anything with sugar or any sweeteners, that was a great start. But otherwise my diet has not been so great. I've been trying, though! I eat a very healthy kind of yogurt for lunch everyday.

• Brohoof 1

I've had to learn to be very cautious and patient with my emotions. Anger issues are something I admittedly struggled with in the past, and as I've gotten older (and also spent a lot of time meditating and reflecting through the years) I've learned how important it is to tame one's own emotions. They're beautiful and one of the things most important to us as people, but when unchecked and unloved our emotions can become very dangerous.

• Brohoof 1

Eating red meat, since it seems like it's a pretty big cause of health problems as you get old. The only red meat I even really like is steak and hamburgers (sometimes) so it's actually been pretty easy, plus chicken and turkey often ends up being cheaper than pork and beef anyway.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-07-28 at 5:11 PM, TBD said:

I feel that the more I grow older the less fuck I’ll give :pout:

This has been my problem as I've started taking more risks in the name of efficiency driven by an apathetic half-desire to check off the day's checklist.

Until recently my haste to cross the road a few seconds faster resulted in the narrowest car impact miss yet which culminated in expanded self-awareness.

Ultimately my hesitancy with anything stems from my ever-growing fear of mortality as each year ticks by. The unsolvable problem of inevitable mortality shakes the needle between caution and resignation. 

I am trying to re-center a deliberate focus on points of passion, and living while being alive.

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm multiple things. Who I put my trust into/how people treat me/how I phrase things, things that I eat, and several more things. Life puts a lot of things into perspective. 

everything. i can no longer look at the world through the rose-tinted glasses i used to shamelessly wear.

this is more a commentary about how the pandemic impacted my outlook on life. it really is fragile. even without the virus, the dread of not being able to pay the bills on time opened my eyes on how hard people have to work to just survive. if you don't have a job, you risk homelessness, and if you risk homelessness, you risk dying from the elements. or starvation. or both. if that sounds melodramatic to you, i apologize, but freezing deaths isn't uncommon where i live. i'm sure you can guess the demographic.

on that note, since it's important that you hold onto a job, the things you say and do can be the difference between being stuck at home or stuck at your work. i know that sounds obvious, but when you're unemployed for a time, it becomes readily apparent how important a source of income is. so you have to take care not to piss off anybody, and be just sociable enough as to not be viewed as the black sheep of the workplace.