Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The recent purchases thread

Rochambo

My OEM radiator failed on my car and cracked due to a being brittled with age. It's about 20 years old so it was time to change it anyway. I just installed a new one. 

• 1 month later...

I might have half accidentally bought a lynx plush from an amusement park. And also a starfish keychain.

My most recent purchase is for Miitopia and a $20 Steam Card a few weeks ago.  Most of my purchases tend to be for video games, and indeed I'm still waiting for an opportunity to get Kirby Canvas Curse for the DS, in addition for the release of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.  Though I may have to pre-order Ultra Moon in the latter case.

The nearby grocery store had paperbacks so I bought Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. I really like to buy books since having stuff to read is cool!

18watt 1800Lm CREE LED Auxiliary off road / Driving Light, from 24x7

Plan is to put it on the Ural sidecar as a Day Running Light.

Will need to get creative with some sort of mounting bracket.

Edited by Tropical Melody
  • Brohoof 2

I've just picked up a Canon Ae-1 Program film camera. I never shoot film before and I would like to try. 

PSX_20170909_125323.thumb.jpg.f0c5e7f9b2f88ed91db7a24da8184916.jpg

Hope this thing still works.

16 minutes ago, Concerned Bystander said:

Been threatening to treat myself to a macro lens for ages, finally got one. :yay:

IMG_20170909_202311.jpg

Nice! 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Star Mist said:

I've just picked up a Canon Ae-1 Program film camera. I never shoot film before and I would like to try. 

PSX_20170909_125323.thumb.jpg.f0c5e7f9b2f88ed91db7a24da8184916.jpg

Hope this thing still works.

My first proper camera was a Canon EOS 500 35mm, many years ago.  I loved experimenting with it but of course the drawback with film is that every time you press that shutter not only does it cost you money but you have to wait to see the results.

But I guess the anticipation of the results is all part of the enjoyment, and it makes you think more about each individual shot than with digital where you can simply go hell for leather on the shutter until you get the shot you're after.

The main problem with photography is that no matter how much kit you have, it's never quite quite enough, there's always one more lens you need, or some justification to upgrade to a newer body.  It's almost an addiction.

IMG_20170909_211106.jpg

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Concerned Bystander said:

My first proper camera was a Canon EOS 500 35mm, many years ago.  I loved experimenting with it but of course the drawback with film is that every time you press that shutter not only does it cost you money but you have to wait to see the results.

But I guess the anticipation of the results is all part of the enjoyment, and it makes you think more about each individual shot than with digital where you can simply go hell for leather on the shutter until you get the shot you're after.

The main problem with photography is that no matter how much kit you have, it's never quite quite enough, there's always one more lens you need, or some justification to upgrade to a newer body.  It's almost an addiction.

IMG_20170909_211106.jpg

My initial interest into getting in film actually came from my pursuit to adapt older glass. I was looking for lenses at thrift stores to adapt with my digital camera and this Canon have a nice 50mm f1.4 attached to it. They can't part it separately so after buying the camera essentially for the lens, I was wondering if there's still a way to use this Canon SLR and then after researching my interest grew. 

Yes, I agree! You feel like buying every lens and accessories for your camera. That's why I'm hunting around for these old lenses because they fuel my desire! 

• Brohoof 1