Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you love about MLP and its fandom?

Crazy Misty

The people! I have met so many great people through MLP and this fandom and the number of my friends has gone up dramatically. Before MLP I was quite lonely, but now I don't have to worry about that anymore, because I have so many friends!

• Brohoof 2

I have to agree on the fact its the people that I like. Nothing better than having a nice conversation wth someone, about ponies or not, with people of similar interest that I meet through this fandom.

though I will admit even if theres a lot of cool people in the fandom and the friends I have made in this fandom, theres a lot of people I dislike as well...but thats normal I suppose when it comes to anything.

• Brohoof 2

What do I love about the brony fandom? Do you have a couple of days as I name all the great stuff?

What I most love about it, is this fandom is more like a family. On this forum, I have never seen anypony yell or troll one another. Also, the great music and fan art coming from it.

/)

• Brohoof 1

I like how I can just be myself on here and not get judged. I just can't do that anywhere else, especially at school (although my school has plenty bronies). If I do I'll get called a "weirdo" or something.

I agree on the expressing yourself freely idea, but you have a ton of Bronies at your school? I'm jealous, around here there's less than a handful of Bronies.

Definitely the people.

The fanbase is really supportive of what you do and never judges you for it.

There are also the very talented Bronies who make music, art and videos based on the show. :D

My favorite thing are the people. Everyone seems to be all about changing the social norm for the better. Which is something I really appreciate. If a guy wants to like something considered Girly let them. Same with a female who like some more geared towards male. People should be free to like what they want without society being so judge mental.

What I love about his fandom is that it's super friendly and accepting. 

This place is probably the most friendliest forum I've every been apart of. 

I resonate really well here so that's why I <3 this place :)

I'm also a huge fan of the brony music, fan-fictions and fan videos.

All the fan content! The art, videos and music are nice, but most of all I like the fan fiction community. So many amazing stories have been written and with such a wide variety. As an avid fan fiction writer myself, I love being able to interact with my readers and hear their opinions.

Everything. From the show's colourful antics to the fandom, to the clopper's side and all the way to the conventions, everything about this show is amazing from top to bottom and I love it.

• Brohoof 1

The conventions, fandom, villains, episodes, characters, music, and basically anything about the show.

The show redefines what childhood shows were able to pull off, having a huge fanbase and being very popular.

• Brohoof 3

The characters are the number one thing.  They are so endearing and adorable, it is downright ridiculous.  I have always loved a variety of fictional characters, but I never knew I could be this enamored by them.

It is probably a combination of the characters and the quality of the writing - but I also do not believe that I have ever been so emotionally invested in a TV show before.  And this is coming from a highly emotional person. 

Friendship has always been very important to me, and whoever I consider to be my best friend at any given time is usually the most important person in my life.  I was quite happy to see the "magic of friendship" as the overall theme of a show.

And of course, I love the humor.

• Brohoof 1

The show has a 90's cartoon vibe to it. No doubt because Lauren Faust worked with many of the 90's cartoons that we all know and love. This is mainly what peaked my interest in the show. I heard that it was a genuinely good cartoon and guys around my age were getting into it for nostalgic reasons, so I gave it a shot.

The ponies are cute. Nuff said.

This show is so funny sometimes. There is a lot of genuinely good humor that neither dumbs down the audience nor resorts to bathroom jokes (except the one time that Pinkie Pie really had to pee, but that was one time).

The main characters are strong, 3-dimensional women. All of my very favorite TV shows growing up - and as a grown-up - have included strong female protagonists. Guess I've been a bit of a feminist ever since I was five.

• Brohoof 1

it's funny, it's cool, and it's got a good message, too. MLP:FiM has kinda inspired me in certain aspects of my life. infact, i'm a little more happier since i watched it. simply because of the message of friendship and harmony that people of all ages, genders, and walks of life need to hear.

• Brohoof 1

Bonus Question-Who knows which episode this quote came from?

"I'll wear this mustache"-Pinkie Pie

I believe that is from the time that Applejack was plotting to have Spike save her life, so that he would stop being her personal slave.

The episode is called "Spike At Your Service," I think. 

• Brohoof 1

5. Strong, Relatable characters.

4. Has good moral lessons without being too judgmental or preachy.

3. Very well written episodes that contain a good mix of humor, action, and character development.

2. The ponies are cute

1. Has inspired a level of creativity from various fanfics, fanart ect that I am yet to see any other fandom match.

• Brohoof 1

1) Amazing characters. I mean who doesn't love Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie.

2) Great stories. Most every episode keeps me glued to the screen in anticipation of how it will end. (Am i overly dramatic... I think so)

3) Beautiful animation. The art style is perfect and compliments every other bit of the show from the music to the monsters.

4) Amazing music. I love the music from the show i've listened to smile smile smile so many times its difficult to fall asleep without it.

5) What isn't there to like. Need i say more.

Edited by StevenTTD
  • Brohoof 2

1) The characters and great and you can relate to them. I sometimes find myself comparing my friends to the mane six!

2) Discord! John de Lancie makes everything 20% cooler!

3) The stories are well thought up and are very original

4) The fandom is so diverse, with so much art, music and culture

5) It's great to be a brony! Nothing more needed to say!

• Brohoof 2

In no certain order:

Nostalgia, it borrows from the cartoons I grew up with in the 90s and early 2000s a lot. The Wedding was like watching a Disney movie   

Animation, it's just a beautiful looking show that keeps improving over time.

Music, it has the most awesome soundtrack of any cartoon in years. The music in the wedding almost made me cry tears of joy. 

Characters, all the characters are likable and funny.

And the fandom, of course. This is the first time I've ever really been a part of something like this. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I love the humor in it. I love that they can be serious but funny at the same time. I also love the dynamic of the characters, in a lot of cartoon type shows the characters are all the same except for one drastic difference, in this show they are all friends but they are each unique and different. Plus Big Macintosh lol.

• Brohoof 1

1. Its not just ponies, they have all different creatures like donkeys, minotaurs, zebras, griffins ect

2. It's funny how the ponies go insane :3

3. All the names of the places are horse or pony related like equestira, Equus is latin for horse, canterlot, ponies canter :3

• Brohoof 1