Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The weirdest/oddest way that you were introduced to MLP FIM

treyblowski

I first heard about the show on Know your meme, several months later I listened to a dramatic reading of a fan fic/ creepypasta whose name I wont mention, I started becoming curious after discovering a friend at school was a brony after some lengthy discussions on Facebook, I checked out clips of the series, after seeing some collabs for characters I watched "Cutie Mark Chronicles" as my first episode

okay its not that weird but I'm sure there has been weirder ways to be introduced to Friendship is magic

how did you find it?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This is literally my very first exposure to MLP:FIM. I had never heard of the show, and never heard of bronies when I stumbled upon this video just randomly jumping from link to link on Youtube looking for funny anime music videos.

After viewing this clip about a dozen times, I hunted down and downloaded the entire first season and watched it in order. A friend was later kind enough to download the second season and re-encode it for me episode by episode as they were release, being that I don't have The Hub. That way I got to watch the second season episodes only a day or so late, without annoying Hub logos or pop-ups!

I actually first watched them the day of broadcast on Youtube, but then watched them again when I got my clean permanent files for burning to DVD!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

This is literally my very first exposure to MLP:FIM. I had never heard of the show, and never heard of bronies when I stumbled upon this video just randomly jumping from link to link on Youtube looking for funny anime music videos.

After viewing this clip about a dozen times, I hunted down and downloaded the entire first season and watched it in order. A friend was later kind enough to download the second season and re-encode it for me episode by episode as they were release, being that I don't have The Hub. That way I got to watch the second season episodes only a day or so late, without annoying Hub logos or pop-ups!

I actually first watched them the day of broadcast on Youtube, but then watched them again when I got my clean permanent files for burning to DVD!

Wow, still seems like yesterday when I first saw that video. Man, time sure seems to fly...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I remember that poop... When I watched it, I was like, "ponies... what are they doing here? At least they make awesome Youtube poop sources xD"

Edited by Derpity Derp
  • Brohoof 1

Quite frankly, I didn't really know My Little Pony was even a brand. I just heard about it from bronies, and thought it was some generic girly crap (The name fits that part). Originally, I hated both MLP and bronies, because I formed a very traditional view on masculinity. But then I came to my sense and realized there really wasn't such a thing as masculine and feminine, only stereotypes that varied with culture. There is male and female, but there is not masculine and feminine. Whether it's a guy being masculine, a guy being feminine, a girl being masculine, or a girl being feminine, it's fake. It's just an act based on stereotypes.

I was looking for a let's play commentary on youtube, but that video had been removed, so instead of finding that let's play, I found MLP:FiM episode 14. I knew that there were some bronies on the internet and I thought I should give it a shot, so I watched the entire episode, but that wasn't enough to turn me into a brony. A few months later I saw some awesome pony fan art and decided to start watching the show.

(edited)

Let's see, around January 2011, I kept seeing pics of a wall-eyed pony in memes. So I Googled it. I saw where they had made a new cartoon of MLP. About a month or so after I Googled Derpy, I was up when MLP:FIM was on and I decided to watch it. I got hooked.

Edited by Pegasistersincethe80s

I had been hating on MLP and its fans for weeks until curiosity got the better of me so I bit the bullet and watched the first few episodes. I was kicking myself for ages after that.

Mine Little Ponies, a mod of Minecraft. Thenn I got interested.. And began.. And went all brony challenge, watched both seasons in three days.

Well my first encounter of MLP ever was the Pony Swag Megamix video on YouTube. I thought it was hilarious though I had no idea what it was really about. I then stumbled upon FunnyJunk for the first time. (I wasn't very into the Internet at that point.) While on FunnyJunk I noticed a growing number of pony memes that made my mind say "...huh?" But I also found another video titled Join the Herd by Forest Rain. After hearing that song I simply had to try an episode.

That episode happened to be Hearts and Hooves Day which might not have been the best one to start on... I then left it alone for a few days until I learned of the famous Ditzy Doo/ Derpy Hooves. But I didn't just learn about her, I learned about the hate... When I found out she was censored for being clumsy and wall eyed, I flipped the HELL out! I don't know why but seeing someponyndiscriminated against is my most hated thing.

Anyways, I proceeded to research everything about Ditzy to find some kind of reason for censoring her. I found none. But my research led me to the various points of our community. (Art, music, etc.) Realizing what this show really had in store for me led to my eventual joining of the community in late Febuary.

Fluttershy with a dildo stuck up her special spot. Blame Google.

I dont blame you.Google has turned Evil.

The way I got introduced was by Rainbow dash and that salute thingy.

Friend told me about it and I said it was for little girls, long story short.. well im here on a my little pony forum.