Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I Haven't Been Active on the Forums (Pet Lizard)

Skar

(edited)

Hello everypony, Skar here. So you've probably been wondering "What happened to that Skar dude who made awesome signatures?"

Well the reason is because of this gal right here:

post-786-0-25297400-1340931810_thumb.jpg

No not Fluttershy... it's what's on her head!

Her name is Alice and she's a "teenager" in lizard years. She's a Chinese Water Dragon, and are such awesome pets! I've been bonding with her the the past two weeks, so yeah.

Here's a picture of her on my arm.

post-786-0-13153200-1340932094_thumb.jpg

Isn't she just the cutest thing ever? :3

She's currently exploring my room :D

Of course I made sure there was no way she could escape... It's dangerous outside my room! It was for her own good!

Oh and excuse my pony doll hair... my little brother got them without me knowing... I was so mad but I love'd and tolerated him.

Edited by Skar
  • Brohoof 8

OT: Drinking out of a jar? XD

Cool! I always liked reptiles.

Why throw away pickle jars when you can re-use them? I IZ SMART!
  • Brohoof 1

Why would you say that for? Take off for, or change why to what for it too be grammatically correct.

COUNTER HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY COUNTERED!

post-786-0-03230700-1340932720.png
  • Brohoof 1

My brother had a Chinese Water Dragon it died of neglect, story for another time and I thought it was awesome. Reptiles make awesome pets. If it's going to keep roaming outside a cage, be absolutely certain it cannot escape. Check high and low, low and high, high and low for any place it might escape. While you are doing that, make sure there are no chemicals like air fresheners that it can get into, or sharp objects it may cut itself on. I sound like I'm lecturing, but I'm just giving advice. ;)

My brother had a Chinese Water Dragon it died of neglect, story for another time and I thought it was awesome. Reptiles make awesome pets. If it's going to keep roaming outside a cage, be absolutely certain it cannot escape. Check high and low, low and high, high and low for any place it might escape. While you are doing that, make sure there are no chemicals like air fresheners that it can get into, or sharp objects it may cut itself on. I sound like I'm lecturing, but I'm just giving advice. ;)

I believe me, I have searched this room from top to bottom, I want to make sure Alice is 100% safe. I had a Anolis Lizard a long time ago when I was like 10... it died.

Making sure nothing happens to her, I'm being very cautious.

• Brohoof 2

Ah cool, it's nice to see pets that aren't cats or dogs or hamsters, and that are something a bit more interesting. She does look cute =3 And she seems to have taken just as much interest in ponies as you have. Good luck taking care of her, and hope to see you around more in the future, if time ever allows it~

I believe me, I have searched this room from top to bottom, I want to make sure Alice is 100% safe. I had a Anolis Lizard a long time ago when I was like 10... it died.

Making sure nothing happens to her, I'm being very cautious.

Alright, that's great to hear. Another question, just out of curiosity. For your enclosure, glass or mesh? The "nose rub" problem with reptiles and glass can be a problem.

Back to the lizard itself, that's an awesome lizard. She looks healthy. Any idea how old she is? :3

Alright, that's great to hear. Another question, just out of curiosity. For your enclosure, glass or mesh? The "nose rub" problem with reptiles and glass can be a problem.

Back to the lizard itself, that's an awesome lizard. She looks healthy. Any idea how old she is? :3

Oh yeah, I've put visual blockers on the backside and sides of the terrarium, and then a visual blocker going 1/4 the way up the front side. She sometimes jumps at it (not ramming into it, but like she's trying to climb) It's pretty much solved the problem. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the ground I used, I keep having to clean out her eye. I get paid tomorrow so I'm going to get better ground.
  • Brohoof 1