507 users have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

Opera for general use. (I like the shortcuts and clean, efficient styling it has)

Chrome for sites that I don't want listed in my Opera history. (it's tidier if I don't mix certains ites)

Firefox for gaming forums. (not game forums, just gaming forums)

I used to use Google Chrome, but I don't really like the whole "Save your internet history on Google Servers", no matter how much Google try to convince me it's for my own good. now I use Firefox, occasionally Opera.

Safari on my Mac and iPad!

It may not be the best, but im an apple fanboy! And at least it actually works!

Plus OCD's so everything must run perfectly from device to device

At the moment I'm using Firefox, but I'm gonna switch to a different browser, probably Chrome, because Firefox keeps crashing. When it crashes, a pop-up that says 'We're sorry, Firefox crashed' or something appears and when I click 'Restart Firefox' it immediately crashes again. Also, it's bucking slow.

Edited by Pisonisy

Waterfox. Basically a faster version of Firefox optimized just for 64-bit operating systems. I also have Opera installed and it's my main browser on my other computer. I never really noticed huge differences in the browsers, but I just like using Waterfox/Firefox. They have been working flawlessly so I don't feel the need to change browsers.

Edited by Lumen

I have been using firefox since version 2. I am impressed that mozilla can hold it's position amongst the gold titans microsoft and google. Also for the record, the browser feels just as fast as chromium although I have seen konqueror load pages faster than both of them at times (I know, truly surprising!)

I also use a small browser based on webkit called dwb on my linux partition, it is quite a bit more complicated to use than firefox or truthfully any modern internet browser, but it renders pages fairly fast (no bloat) and it looks great with my dwm desktop.

Edited by Celtore

(edited)

Here's the story of a boy and a browser.

When I was very young, and very new to the internet, I used Internet Explorer, I didn't even know about other browsers. Eventually someone got me onto Firefox and started using that is my standard go to browser. I used it for many years and loved it. Until one faithful day.

It was September 2008. The boy had bought a new laptop, it was an ACER so kind of shit but it had a 64 bit processor. And thus the trouble began. The boy installed his favourite Firefox on his dear machine. And all of the love had to be called for next. The browser kept freezing. It kept crashing, completely out of nowhere. Memory leaks all day round. Nothing could be done to find a fix. And one fateful day, the boy discovered Chrome, a browser with 64-bit capabilities, and the boy switched to it. And never went back.

I am that boy, and I use Chrome.

I don't mind memory usage at all. I have 16 GB of RAM , COME AT ME BRO.

Edited by Vaporeon
  • Brohoof 1

I started out with IE when I was, like, 8. I then got Mozilla, upgraded to Chrome last year. It started crashing a lot so I am now an happy Opera user (I have some pretty cool pony backgrounds for it too).

Chrome. The autosynchronization is helpful when I have three computers and a phone I regularly browse the internet on, and while Firefox does have a sync feature, it isn't quite so well developed (plus, I use Google services a lot and my phone has Chrome as the default browser). It's also reasonably extensible.

I normally use Chrome, but for some reason the forum absolutely REFUSES to load on Chrome anymore so I have to view it with Firefox. I'm really not sure what happened. I didn't change any settings or anything, and this is the only site that I have that problem with.

Funny I should see this as I tinker with my Firefox settings.

I'm very happy with Firefox, as I find it much more user friendly than Explorer and It very rarely crashes on me (like Explorer).

I'll never use Chrome, because I really think Google have gone over to the Dark Side and I honestly don't trust or like them (yes I have a Gmail and YouTube account. I didn't say I was a saint).

In my opinion, none of them are all that great. The one that causes me the least problems is Chrome, so I tend to use that. But I hate that all the tabs are considered to be different processes, so there's no good way to cancel the program using the task manager. I used to prefer Firefox because it's only one process, and if the program's not responding, you only have to cancel out of one task. Also, you used to be able to close the program and have it save the tabs you had open, but now, pssh, good luck with that. I don't understand why people thought that was a bad idea. I mean, maybe having the option not to save tabs, okay, and maybe even saving it as a setting. But why should I have to keep my browser open when I'm not even using it just so I can keep track of what I was doing so I can come back to it later? Who thought that that was unnecessary? Cuz they're a jerk. I find myself pressing the power button to shut down, sometimes, just on the off chance that it might save my tabs due to the browser crashing. To quote the AVGN, when did this idea of simple convenience become obsolete?

I used to use Opera, and luckily, it does have that function. However, in recent years, it seems to run so slowly that it's not even worth it. It also doesn't support a lot of current formats, plugins, etc.

And originally, I used IE, but haaaaaah! Eff that!!

Right now I'm using chrome because I like all the cool little bells and whistles it has, and all the add-ons. I used to use Flock until it became unsupported abbadon-ware. 

Google Chrome and IE10.... Both are nice. 

I used to like Firefox but it started to crash too much and got really bloated. 

I also started using Chrome and IE 10 becuase they are multiprocess, as one crashing tab will not bring the whole house down. 

I don't really care. I just use any really. It all depends for me. People always say Internet Explorer sucks, but frankly, It has never sucked for me. Infact, firefox sucks for than Internet explorer in my opinion because it crashes all the damn time. I usually use Bing I guess, that's my browser on my computer now

• Brohoof 1

I don't really care. I just use any really. It all depends for me. People always say Internet Explorer sucks, but frankly, It has never sucked for me. Infact, firefox sucks for than Internet explorer in my opinion because it crashes all the damn time. I usually use Bing I guess, that's my browser on my computer now

Sammy I love ya and all but your not good with computers xD Bing is a search engine xD LOL it is used in a program to search lol i love ya though