507 users have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

I've switched from Firefox to Chrome. I tried Opera and liked it, but for some odd reason, Opera froze on me every once in a while. Chrome works best and is easiest for me to use out of all the main browsers.

I was about to say "What the hell is that? Some sort of distorted flower?". Then read the text next to you, and I was like "Hehe".

Funny thing is, most of the things you mentioned in that paragraph, I don't even care for, nor do I tinker with. I guess I can give IE a new stereotype; "For the casual web surfers!", even though I'm on the laptop 24/7 :lol:

It affects web developers. IE makes everything so much harder, and if web developers didn't do anything for IE then it WOULD affect you, since everything would look like crap.

It affects web developers. IE makes everything so much harder, and if web developers didn't do anything for IE then it WOULD affect you, since everything would look like crap.

That explains why Bohtty hates IE so much. I think he's a web developer, and it says it gives him a hard time :lol: (Sorry Bohtty, but I had to "lol" at that)

I use Firefox mainly (like right now) and Google Chrome(mainly Chromium) as my backup browser, and if somethings really messed up with both then ill use Opera, or even Midori (very lightweight browser), if i am using a Linux Install with with no GUI ill use Links 2 :-)

I used to use IE, but that was a long time ago. I was an internet newbie. I then switched to firefox. That worked out well for me until I "accidentally" installed too many extensions and as a result lagged like hell whenever I opened it. I was still a bit wet behind the ears so I thought it was the browser's fault. Silly me. Anyway, I switched to Chrome and never looked back.

I use Firefox and have for some time. I do have chrome installed as well though but I mainly use that as a backup browser in case Firefox starts playing up which is occasional but all browsers have problems.

I prefer Firefox for it's advanced functionally, chrome feels too simple for me. I think when I first discovered chrome the chrome web store didn't exist and had very limited extensions which was why I stuck with Firefox.

Recently I've started using Waterfox which is basically a 64-bit version of Firefox. All the extensions that work for Firefox work with Waterfox however plugins such as Flash and Java you need to install the 64-bit version for it to work.

Also, Firefox is best pony because it's official.

Posted Image

http://www.equestria...joins-herd.html

I use Firefox with a super-cool Luna theme. (http://www.getperson.../persona/477234 ) Firefox easily became my definate favorite after I found out they posted this super-cool Firepony on their facebook page that I now use as my avatar!

I used Chrome for a while this one time. I like the layout and speed of Chrome, but I never really liked the way it handles downloads (same with IE)

Edited by Hamez

I have Firefox and Chrome, but I primarily use Firefox as I love the addons and customizability.

I only ever use Chrome if a program is using an excessive amount of my computer's resources, such as when I have to render clips in Adobe Premiere.

I've done as much as I can to mimic my addons between Firefox and Chrome so that when I'm forced to switch, it's quick for me to take control again.

I've been using Google Chrome for two years after I stopped using Mozilla Firefox. Google Chrome is smooth, fast and you can download themes for the browser. That's why I love using it.

• Brohoof 1

I used IE for awhile, but then people on the internet were like "thats crap, use firefox" Ive been using firefox for like ~3 years or something, maybe more. I hear people talking about Chrome and I decided to download it (and after like an hour of download time) I went on it and it felt "light", uncustimizable, and just well almost "fast". I personnaly hate chrome, but prefer it over IE, I love Firefox and I think Chrome is only for crappy slow computers that cant handle real browsers. Case clossed, dont start flame war over what I said.

I used to use Internet Explorer until sometime in 2006. I've used Firefox primarily since then, though sometimes I use Chrome. I guess no matter how hard I try, I'm a Firefox person to the end, haha.

I still use IE in SOME cases, but that's very rare.

I switched from Chrome because of Google's privacy policy, the browser's silly and sometimes condescending user interface, and its inability to install anywhere other than AppData. Opera Mini was great on my phone so I got it on PC as well. It has a few really useful features other browsers don't have and it has the most comprehensive options menu I've seen. There are not many plug-ins, but the essentials are there like Adblock and Ghostery. There is in-built IRC, notes/tasks, and mail for any type of account. Turbo mode is useful. It is underrated I think.

I also like how it starts an animated gif again when you scroll to it.

Edited by Hat988
  • Brohoof 1

INTERNET EXPLORER! BEST WEB BROWSER IN THE WOOOORLD!

post-6675-0-41857500-1344586198.png

Actually though, I do use IE....I'm just used to it and don't want to switch.

This is mah reason why I use it. I have had it for 4 years now and I don't want to switch anytime soon

I switched from Chrome because of Google's privacy policy, the browser's silly and sometimes condescending user interface, and its inability to install anywhere other than AppData. Opera Mini was great on my phone so I got it on PC as well. It has a few really useful features other browsers don't have and it has the most comprehensive options menu I've seen. There are not many plug-ins, but the essentials are there like Adblock and Ghostery. There is in-built IRC, notes/tasks, and mail for any type of account. Turbo mode is useful. It is underrated I think.

I also like how it starts an animated gif again when you scroll to it.

I really wish more people would have heard about Opera. I have tried every single browser in the survey and Opera completely surpasses them in usability and simplicity, its Turbo mode, although occasionally buggy, is really good on my slow connection and its Speed Dial page is an excellent hub to get to where you want to go quickly.

• Brohoof 1