507 users have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

I use Google Chrome because I've used it for years and find it really easy to use, not to mention very fast. Other browsers I find really confusing, seeing as I'm not used to using them. :P

I actually use both! I Open Chrome up on one monitor to play music and videos etc etc, then I use firefox on my other monitor for general browsing such as the forums and whatnot.

• Brohoof 1

8r6aiHM.png

My Own Web-Kit Browser. Which means Google Chrome. pony! 56 more characters! umm. I made it with Vb. I could'nt even find a Initilize Component Tutorial!

STOP THE SHAKIGN! ITS  TIME TTO GAET BAKIN! img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png BAKE TIME! (INCEPTION MUSIC...) (RICKRILOLLED'D) (YOU RAGE) (YOU QUIT) (YOU BURN DOWN THEE HOWUSE) (YOU JAIOLED) (YOU TREATED LIKE A PUPPY) (POLICE GAVE YOU CAT FOOD) (YOU ATE CAT FOOD) (YOU ARE A CAT)

Right now I am using google chrome.  I like it a lot better than internet explorer because you get apps, it is made for google, and you can change the theme.

Firefox. I used to use Chrome, but it takes up so much more resources. Plus, apparently Chrome itself put a virus in my computer.

1449795.png

I use Firefox mainly, cos I love the added customizability of it.
I'll occasionally jump over to Chrome, but I'll make sure that both browsers are similar in customization before doing anything.

My favorite addons for FF:
Combine 'Google Shortcuts' with 'Vertical Toolbar', and you get a vertical speed dial, giving your browser a bit more headroom by freeing up the few pixels of space the bookmarks toolbar takes up.
I think you get a bunch of extra icons to drag around with the Vertical Toolbar, and G Shortcuts can go either vertical or horizontal, so both addons have their bonuses.

My other favorite is a bit of a passive one: 'Movable Firefox Button' so you can get more tab space at the top left by dragging it somewhere like the far right of the address/search bar.

Vertical speed dial and Movable FF button in action:

agpbG6o.png   OeFiI1s.png
I have two MLP Forums icons in my speed dial, because one is the homepage, and the other is a thread I frequent.

"My breakfast is plotting to kill me."

My Website - YouTube
n6e0Y8v.gif

• 3 months later...

I run the risk of sounding like a huge hipster here, but I use Comodo Dragon, yeah you've probably never heard of it. 

For those of you who don't know it's basically Google Chrome but without ties to Google, so you get less sponsored adds and stuff from them. Also it's a lot smaller target for viruses. 

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 1

22d5c314-72de-42b0-842a-46e4dcf5ea37.jpg

Your very own Victorian-styling, airship-flying, super-sizing, brass-lining, quick-drying, detoxifying, low-pricing, newbie-knifing, over-driving, sometimes-hiding, unsurprising, ninja-fighting, perfect-timing, always-smiling, never-lying, best at writing, also rhyming automaton!

Google Chrome in one computer, Safari on another, though I generally use the former one, which is a laptop. I rarely use Internet Explorer, since it sometimes lags my computer for no apparent reason.

Our school prefers to use Mozilla Firefox.

Edited by Cartophile

Really depends on what hardware and OS I'm using.

If the machine can handle it, I do love me some Chrome. I really don't like most of Google's products, but damn that interface, speed and feature set is killer. However, it can have the tendency of murdering your free memory quite quickly.

On my aging Mac desktop, there's an ongoing port of more-up-to-date Firefox versions for PowerPC processors called TenFourFox; like Firefox tends to do, it does lag and hang every so often, but overall makes the web browsing experience much easier on a nearly abandoned architecture. There's a neat little browser that runs on PowerPC Macs under OS 9; the sister project of the previously mentioned TenFourFox, and if I'm not mistaken, still actually updated every now and again. Pretty amazing for 10+ year old hardware and software.

On slower Linux or Windows machines, nothing really comes close to offering what Opera can for low resource usage and usability. (Old rendering engine versions, mind you)

There's a bunch of pretty neat niche browsers out there as well; browsers designed for social media, others for testing, downloading, gaming, writing; the list is nearly endless. Chances are, if you need an internet browser that does one thing really, really well, there's one out there tailor-made for that specific purpose.

img-4349-1-img-4349-1-img-4349-1-2ikaxhc.jpg

"Let the steel of my resolve be not bested by the sum of my fears."

I use Opera, it's a great browser, quite similar to Chrome. I haven't had any problems with it, I started using it because every other browser was giving me hassle. Firefox is pretty fast for general browsing, but videos play horribly with it. Internet Explorer is slightly better for videos, but it's obscenely slow in general. And Chrome just doesn't work at all.

No such problems with Opera, and I like the interface.

Twi_zpsfe21bd82.gif

i find Google chrome much more user friendly then any other 

i find it much more convenient then the other

ill even get it for macs cause i can

just to be that one guy 

ksvfSV0.jpg

made by me......uhhh......any questions?

I've been using Firefox since forever, and I rather doubt I would change it anytime soon. It might be a bit bulky, but some of the more obscure add-ons I'm using isn't really available elsewhere. I also love the blocky, utilitarian looks.

k3v45pe.jpg?1

The oh so original Google Chrome. It is fast and does what it does, plus some of the plugins are nice. Still, it has crashing problems and can sometimes be horrendous on speed, but it feels like a lot of web browser nowadays are suffering from issues nowadays. I really don't know why. I always thought these things could improve over time, not get worse. Then again, app makers do that all the time...

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I use Mozilla Firefox but was using IE before that tho which number it was I can't remember.

I never use Chrome due to the fact I believe google to be a force of evil. xD

no_one_bucks_with_rainbow_dash_stamp_by_  

My OC's:  MalinterRahl, Vengeful impact & alias-the-marked-one

First fic i've written since forever here

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." most legendary quote ever.

I love my Chrome :) its my favorite browser because of the themes you can get and the extensions are amazing :P that and the layout is simple and effective

L9Km4Rw.png

Worlds biggest batpony fan                                                   Signature by me :3

If you're reading this I've got one thing to say to you.....

Hello

I love my Chrome smile.png its my favorite browser because of the themes you can get and the extensions are amazing tongue.png that and the layout is simple and effective

I've been tempted to get chrome for the mlp themes folks have made for it. Only reason I don't is i was once on my computer when it detected google trying to alter my firewall settings without my permission. >_<

no_one_bucks_with_rainbow_dash_stamp_by_  

My OC's:  MalinterRahl, Vengeful impact & alias-the-marked-one

First fic i've written since forever here

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." most legendary quote ever.

Chrome, Safari (I hate the new icon), and Mozilla.

Mostly, I use Chrome all the time. I only use the other two browser if Chrome doesn't work.

Safari is a bit... meh, looks almost the same with IE and Mozilla the last time I remember, and how could Apple make such ugly icon, I prefer the old icon.

Mozilla, almost never used it actually -- almost, it doesn't mean I don't use it at all.  

And yeah... three browsers, one main, another two standing by in case one doesn't work. :)

img-19014-1-img-19014-1-img-19014-1-img-     

OC              "I live for the story."              dA