Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Closet Bronies UNITE: Experiences and Discussion

Zero000

Closet. The only one who knows about it is a friend from the church. Not even my family know, but my sister already saw me watching on TV. It's funny, she try to make fun about it, but i don't care and she gets mad and give up. It's funny when we realize the power of the "Haters gonna hate".

I am a mix of both. but more of a closet brony. i don't tell my family, but i have no problem letting people at school, especially in my grade know. but this might not be such a bad thing when my entire grade is about 18 people.

• Brohoof 2

Closet, but with some occasional, subtle references in public. One time I put a Fluttershy Happy Meal toy on my luggage, and a co-worker asked wtf was up with the pony. I replied "What, the McDonald's toy? I don't have a name tag for that bag, and that toy was in my car, so I used it."

...mostly true, and he didn't ask why it was in my car in the first place.

I'm always very open about everything that I like, sometimes exceptionally so. My wardrobe consists of all type of geek t-shirts from Doctor Who to MLP and everything in between.

It's kind of funny because I was always so shy and subdued when I was in school, and to be honest I'm still exceptionally shy with people I don't know, but with the way I express myself through clothes, laptop decals, desktop stuff, etc, most people are never aware of this.

Closet brony. I'd have to deal with a lot of crap if people knew I liked mlp, and I already have a lot to deal with. Besides, I've always been a rather secretive person especially towards people I don't trust a lot.

I do wear pony themed friendship bracelets once in a while, but even bronies would take a while to notice.

• Brohoof 3

I happen to be a public brony, I wear shirts, the clips, I tell people who ask. I find it quite fun. I have many unusual likes, rap, RayWhilliamJhonson (I think he makes good music and has good humor, I laugh with him not at him), I am a furry, I like many games and shows, I'm not afraid to show it. I happen to have a very accepting mom and an obnoxious grandmother, one accepts my intrest and one rejects. Still, even if it is "immature" she does not understand that when I'm not in a strictly formal situation it makes the most sense to be happy, and it makes me happy to hear people interested in my pony apparel.

On top of that, I have a very accepting school and peer group. I happen to live in a perfect small town environment where I can comfortably express my interests. Bless our school, you can come out as LGBT and people won't judge. Most teachers are good people, most, but we can't all be perfect. Perhaps had life dealt me a different hand of cards I wouldn't be an open brony, or a brony at all. Who knows, there really is no room to complain, I mean from what I hear and experience our school is a rare gem. One of the nearby schools is two. Two out of three good schools, the beauty of small towns.

Im pretty much an open Brony everyone in my house knows and two Friends know but i dont really care what other people have to say about me i had been picked on when i was younger so i learnd that people can be mean so i dont let it bother me any more and if someone askes me what if i like My Little Pony i will tell them with prid that i am a Brony and i dont care what they think about it.

Oh I am absolutely public about it.

Not only do I openly fanboy when I spot MLP products in stores, but I also quote the show a LOT. Ususually Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie quotes. Because they're too cute not to.

• Brohoof 1