Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Nintendo Fans: What do want to see in Wii U?

kirbyboi

(edited)

Being a Nintendo fan myself, I would easily say I'd like to see a new Pokemon Battle Revolution-type game. I loved the first PBR, so why not make another? The first one became quite popular as well, and I want to see my Pokemon on the big screen! :)

Another game I would love to see is a new Legend of Zelda game. I love the Zelda console games, and having another one would be splendid, especially with the new graphics. Also, I want to see Ghirahim again. He was the spirit in Demise's sword, so I'm not sure what happened to him. He was an awesome villian and was very well-mannered. :P

Lastly, I would love to see a Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The graphics, new characters, and added roster would make millions for the Wii U. I think adding the Pokemon Aipom to the roster would make me very happy. Many people have requested to add their own opinion of video game characters in there as well, such as Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog.

So, what do YOU want to see from the Wii U?

DISCUSS, EVERYPONY!!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Pixiesong

Quality games that are far less gimmicky.

Unfortunately, the Wii U is not lining up to produce such games.

Specifically, though...

Majora's Mask remake. Everybody wants it for the 3DS, but I can not for the life of me understand why. Ocarina of Time 3D was just Twilight Princess-like textures pasted onto an 13 year old game and rereleased for $40. I want a real remake for my favorite Zelda game, and that can only happen if it is released on the Wii U.

Super Smash Bros. 4 to be focused on more characters, more creative characters, more creative stages, and less stuff like SSE. Brawl was a big mess, and it would have disappointed me even if I hadn't hyped it. It was just a lacking game.

A 3D Mario platformer in the style of Super Mario 64/Sunshine. The 3D Mario series has taken a turn toward linearity. It's as if every single Mario game that is released these days is in 2D, just the 3D Mario platformers nowadays have a little running room to the side. I want this to stop, I want variety back in the Mario series. We already have the New Super Mario Bros. series (which is now being milked to death), we don't need the 3D Mario platformers to be linear as well.

(I don't mind occasional games like Super Mario 3D Land, but they shouldn't all be like it)

For the distant future: An Animal Crossing sequel that is actually a sequel. It looks like AC:3DS will be an actual sequel, unlike City Folk which was just a downgraded port of the DS version. I want AC:Wii U to not be a City Folk of AC:3DS.

A full-blown Pokemon MMO made by Gamefreak would be awesome as well, but I don't see that happening...

I also want at least the first Zelda on the system to be in the style of TP, or something very similar. While I'm not shallow and can enjoy games like Wind Waker, Nintendo's got an HD system, and the very least they can do is give us a Zelda to make proper use of it.

Lastly, I want 3rd party support. There aren't many third party series I'm interested in, but the ones I have been didn't make it to the Wii because the system was so lacking. I have a feeling this will be happening with the Wii U as well after Sony and Microsoft release their next generation consoles as well. Nintendo's focus has not shifted. Their system is still casual gimmickry (with friend codes -_-)... but here's to hoping.

• Brohoof 3

-New Smash Bros.

-New 3D Mario

-New Metroid, either 3rd or 1st person is fine

-Monolith Soft's(creators of Xenoblade) new game

-New F-Zero(long overdue)

-More on the MiiVerse intergration/Nintendo's online strategy in general

-How far the graphics can really go/how powerful is it really

-RELEASE DATE/PRICE

Hm... that should be about it for now. :lol:

• Brohoof 3

I couldn't care less about the platform. I want developers to start taking risks and trying to make innovative games. Someone needs to break the mold because I am tired of it. I don't want more COD clones, I don't want more WoW Clones and I don't want more generic RPGs. I haven't finished a game and said "Wow that was really good" in years.

Usually Nintendo does some weird things, but weird doesn't always mean good or innovative, but it is much closer then what everyone else is freaking doing T_T

I'll see if they have any games that interest me or if it will just be a bunch of stupid stuff like most Wii games. Of course if they make a Monster Hunter or WH40k game for the WiiU then I will buy it instantly since I sold my soul to those franchises.

• Brohoof 1

well considering how much they dropped the ball at E3 this is what im exspecting

graphic equil to the 360 and the motion sensor thats being built into the console to not fail

games wise hhmm lets see

new starfox

new metroid

metroid/starfox crossover that was rumored

new zelda

other then that i dont know i dont car much for mario now

• Brohoof 2

Give me more third-party developers. That is what really turned me off about the Wii, is that all they seemed to release a buttload of these kiddy games and they did not have enough games for the hardcore gamer. That is why I tend to favor the PS3 as of late which is kind of sad since I grew up as a hardcore Nintendo fanboy.

The official Nintendo games are excellent, don't get me wrong. Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl were all top tier and that I believe is one of Nintendo's biggest strengths: It's lovable cast of official games. I expect to see Nintendo up the ante on their franchises and I would love to see something groundbreaking. And I'm talking about like a new Super Smash Bros. game that takes a dump on the previous ones for being so amazing. That's the kind of thing I want.

I'm not really sold on the idea of the Wii U. I don't know what to really think about it yet and last E3 was kind of boring as far as Nintendo went. I'm just waiting for the Big N to throw some information out that really impresses me.

• Brohoof 1

There's a lot of things online related that I want to see, I would really really like some kind of really good online leaderboard support for the next super smash bros game and other multiplayer games

There's a lot of games I really want, obviously a new Metroid and Zelda would be top of the list, but I think a new Pokemon Snap game would be on the top of my more obscure list

Have an actualy good new Star Fox game have F-Zero with good online play I would like to see less of Mario and Zelda and more of Nintendos lesser known franchises I personaly have gotten sick of seeing Mario after the amount of Mario games there was on the Wii.

PAPER MARIO!!

That is were all my money for nintendo goes.

PAPER MARIO OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

By far my favorite Nintendo series and withing the top 5-10 of my favorite series' of all time.

I love how it can be serious and humorous at the same time. The turn-based combat of the first 2 in the series is awesome and the storylines are always really fun and interesting (and a LITTLE predictable :P) I just hope they make it less like Super Paper Mario and more like TTYD and the original.

• Brohoof 3

PAPER MARIO OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

By far my favorite Nintendo series and withing the top 5-10 of my favorite series' of all time.

I love how it can be serious and humorous at the same time. The turn-based combat of the first 2 in the series is awesome and the storylines are always really fun and interesting (and a LITTLE predictable :P) I just hope they make it less like Super Paper Mario and more like TTYD and the original.

I wasn't as enthusiastic about the wii version they tried to take a different style to the series.
  • Brohoof 1

I recently replayed Pokemon Snap for the N64. The game is still good, but now with newer technology it could be made so much better.

I want Pokémon Snap 2. A sequel, not a remake. The Wii U controller would be just perfect for this. You could use it as your camera to look around. Basically, I would want it to be an open-roam game. Having a few different areas like in the original Snap from which you can choose and in which you could freely move would be fine, but it would be even better if they were all linked together in an open world type of game, à la GTA.

There would be a variety of items. There would be the apples and Pester Balls from the original of course, but also other items like a better zoom for you camera, a flash, baits to draw the Pokemon closer, etc. Some Pokemon would be easy to approach , but others would flee as soon as they see you so you'd have to use strategy and be as stealthy as possible to corner them and to get the perfect shot.

Items would work a bit like HMs in the main Pokemon games. They would allow you to explore new areas or to find new Pokemon. For example, there would be a few caves in the game, but without a flash on your camera, exploring them would be pointless since you won't be able to see anything on the pictures. I really want this game to focus on exploration and trying to find new kinds of Pokemon.

Some pokemon would only come out at night, or when it rains etc. And they wouldn't always be at the exact same spot every time you play like in the original. This would allow for a better sense of exploration and of novelty and it would also add much more variety in the pictures you take thus making them more interesting. They would randomly generated and would randomly walk around and do their things. Some would be much more common than others. For example, if you're exploring a forest, Rattatas or Pidgeys would probably be very common, but finding something like a Chikorita would be much rarer.

The pictures you take would be judged not only according to the rarity of the Pokemon, but also according to the actual rules of photography like the rule of the thirds etc. This would make kids learn about photography at the same time, so that'd be great.

All of the 649 Pokemon would be in the game, so the open world would have to be pretty big. Also, it would be possible to share the pictures you've taken with your friends over the Internet. And since the Pokemon aren't always in the same spot, this should prove to be much more interesting.

That's it! Sorry I got a little carried away haha! I don't intend to buy a Wii U at this moment. However if this game was to be made, I would buy one right away!

• Brohoof 2

A remake of Majora's Mask. It's my favorite Zelda game.

what is the point of a damn remake of majora's mask, the game doent need one it still holds up even to day if any game should get a remake or a reboot is Breath of Fire <- the only good JRPG

Gamewise there is a very long list that I'd like to see. Core Nintendo titles such as Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Starfox to be obvious. Also some smaller titles like Kid Icarus, Custom Robo, and Battalion Wars.

But putting the games aside, I would like to see more voice functionality. Use of voice-commands has been rare or subpar and I'd like to see that kind of functionality taken advantage of. I think there's a lot of potential there.

what is the point of a damn remake of majora's mask, the game doent need one it still holds up even to day if any game should get a remake or a reboot is Breath of Fire <- the only good JRPG

A remake of it would provide younger gamers to a game that they most likely don't have.

(edited)

A proper 3D Pokemon. Not the crap from Pokemon Stadium [not saying that was bad] But a real 3D Pokemon game with fully explorable hub worlds and an action based battle system. Maybe like in Pokepark 2 but not as limited. Also another F-Zero and Metriod game.

Edited by Ponymon Trainer Red
  • Brohoof 1

Before, BEFORE they start milking more out of Mario (well, too late already) and Zelda like they've been doing continuously for a few years now, they need to revive/improve other franchises that are way too overdue for a new game at this point. That includes franchises like:

-F-Zero

-Star Fox

-Metroid

-Pokémon (as in console games. They need to make a Colloseum/XD GoD-esque game that has an advanture, not a limited gameplay amount like Battle Revolution. I mean, it was a good game and all, but it wasn't enough.)

And others that I can't think of now.

I just want more quality titles. I'm easy to please like that. I personally love the controller and I don't truly understand why most are skeptical about it. The DS has proved that duel screens on games make everything better, and this is almost like a DS, except on a big screen, with insane graphics.

Though I would love for a Pokemon Stadium 3, with storage system, pokedex, gym leader castle, minigames, everything. Plus, Pokemon Battles in HD? Heck yeah. And I'd also want a spectacular online multiplayer, that would definitely be a big factor. If they did that, then I would be thoroughly pleased.

I want a smash bros (which is already under development) with more iconic characters (Princess Daisy!!!) and 3rd party (this might happen) as well with a good-lagless online gameplay, that's all I want, nothing more