Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post editor formatting is broken and using the wrong font

DJ Cadence

(edited)

So the problem is the font is Times New Roman when I didn't change it ITS CHANGED RIGHT NOW!!! Heres a example:

post-3206-0-21404500-1342597479_thumb.png

Any solution?

Edit:Click picture to make it better to see.

Edited by ϟ Invader Sonic Boom ϟ
  • Brohoof 1

So the problem is the font is Times New Roman when I didn't change it ITS CHANGED RIGHT NOW!!! Heres a example:

post-3206-0-21404500-1342597479_thumb.png

Any solution?

Edit:Click picture to make it better to see.

I'm having this issue as well, when you post it though it will be arial

it must be a bug, I am also experiencing some other issues with the text input

like spacing seems to be off and things of that nature, do

Something's wrong with the editor. I'm getting this, too. I have an idea as to what caused it; if that doesn't work, I'll tell IPS about it.

Update: sent in a ticket to IPS. This is really weird and appears to be an issue exclusive to MLP Forums.

• Brohoof 1

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one with this problem.

I seem to hear that a lot from you, Crona. Don't assume that you are the only one experiencing a problem. If you run into one, just report it. There should not be any problems for anyone, so that's not a good reason to not report it, anyway.

I seem to hear that a lot from you, Crona. Don't assume that you are the only one experiencing a problem. If you run into one, just report it. There should not be any problems for anyone, so that's not a good reason to not report it, anyway.

I'm honestly really scared to bring up problems, as they usually solve themselves.

(edited)

I had that a few moments ago. I was typing, and when I had finished and clicked 'post reply' I saw that it had changed the font. When I opened the post to edit it, and added one line of text, that line of text used the regular font.

Edited by WhiteLightning

(edited)

I'm having problems with the text editor fonts. Just out of nowhere the font changed from arial 14 (I think that was the one I had) to this Times new Roman font same size.

My text editor automatically had the arial font that I always use by default and I got used to it and now I have to manually change it everytime I have to write something and I find it tiring and annoying, is that a bug or there is a way to set one particular font by default. This just happened BTW

EDIT: weird thing. In my editor the font looks like this! but in the actual post it looks 'normal', here's a pic of it if I look like a liar :blush:

post-5888-0-61077000-1342639547_thumb.png

Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 1

This was happening to me since yesterday. For some reason though, even though it looks like Times New Roman, it comes out arial. At least on my side.

I'm having problems with the text editor fonts. Just out of nowhere the font changed from arial 14 (I think that was the one I had) to this Times new Roman font same size.

My text editor automatically had the arial font that I always use by default and I got used to it and now I have to manually change it everytime I have to write something and I find it tiring and annoying, is that a bug or there is a way to set one particular font by default. This just happened BTW

EDIT: weird thing. In my editor the font looks like this! but in the actual post it looks 'normal', here's a pic of it if I look like a liar :blush:

error2.png

This problem had already been reported. I merged the topics. I'm working with IPS on a fix as we speak.

Your posts will still appear normally once you submit them.

• Brohoof 2

This problem had already been reported. I merged the topics. I'm working with IPS on a fix as we speak.

Your posts will still appear normally once you submit them.

Thank you so much, I'll wait for the fix then :)

Usually, when you write a post, you can pick the font type, color, size, ect.

But all of today, I haven't been able to do that.

None of that stuff appears above my comment section, and when I go to post a comment, I have to click "Upload files and more post options" in order to actually post.

What's going on?

Usually, when you write a post, you can pick the font type, color, size, ect.

But all of today, I haven't been able to do that.

None of that stuff appears above my comment section, and when I go to post a comment, I have to click "Upload files and more post options" in order to actually post.

What's going on?

There was already an existing thread for this, which I merged yours into. Yours was the fourth thread created about the issue. Please take a look at the feedback forum before posting a new topic to see if someone else has already reported the same issue.

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one with this problem.

Hah yeah me too. I was thinking about making a topic myself.

Doesn't appear to be a problem to me. Text is working normally, colors work, as do the other aforementioned things. It would appear this is either fixed for me for whatever reason, didn't happen to begin with, or I'm missing what the problem is.

I thought it was something to do with an update, that the default font was Times New Roman, but after a while, I started thinking it was some sort of bug. It's being fixed now, which is good.

I still have this problem ...it wasn't fixed

That is correct. Feld0 stated that he submitted a support ticket with IPS - the result of which is likely still pending.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if there is a new system in store that is working with the text editor for the posts, but it's very different. I don't know if it's the same way for everyone, but for me if automatically has the post set to times new roman and automatic double-spacing when I'm working on a post and then it will revert back to Arial, (or cambri whatever the defalt of the forum is) and a single wall of text after I hit the post button. I don't know if I've clicked something in my settings to cause this, but if so, I would like to know how do disable it and get the text editor back to how it was. That way I know what I'm typing is actually what's going to appear once I finish it.

I'm not sure if there is a new system in store that is working with the text editor for the posts, but it's very different. I don't know if it's the same way for everyone, but for me if automatically has the post set to times new roman and automatic double-spacing when I'm working on a post and then it will revert back to Arial, (or cambri whatever the defalt of the forum is) and a single wall of text after I hit the post button. I don't know if I've clicked something in my settings to cause this, but if so, I would like to know how do disable it and get the text editor back to how it was. That way I know what I'm typing is actually what's going to appear once I finish it.

This is a known issue that I'm currently waiting on a fix for from IPS. Yours is the fifth topic to come up about it. I've merged it with the others.

The issue seemed to fix itself for me when I logged onto the forums today. Did this happen to anyone else?

If you experienced this at any point, please let me know what browser you used. At one point, I found that it was only happening in Chrome.

This is a known issue that I'm currently waiting on a fix for from IPS. Yours is the fifth topic to come up about it. I've merged it with the others.

The issue seemed to fix itself for me when I logged onto the forums today. Did this happen to anyone else?

If you experienced this at any point, please let me know what browser you used. At one point, I found that it was only happening in Chrome.

I'm using Safari and the issue does indeed seem to be fixed. The default font as I am typing this is seems to be Ariel. So, it looks like we have a winner!