Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

20 minutes ago, Fehlipeeno Froid said:

9/10

Pretty smooth :ooh:

I need to check out more Steely Dan other than Reelin' in the Years

Can’t Buy A Thrill, Countdown to Ecstacy, and Aja are all loaded with great tracks! Get to work!

For song- 8.5/10,this band seems to know how to lay down some sweet riffs and a great overall sound!

aaaaand everybody gets there, everybody gets their way.

That song is pretty nice. :) I may be a fan of more energetic music, I like slower songs here or there! 8/10.

If you're a fan of Doom Metal and/or atmospheric music, than you'll most likely like these guys!

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

8.5/10, Have never heard of this band before, but it seems right up my alley :) Sounds like I need to check them out, any recommendations on an album or two to spin by them?

Just posted this one in the metal thread, Death really was something special, Chuck's guitarwork and songwriting talents are near unparalleled... RIP!

• Brohoof 1

The guitarist passed away? :o Damn, that's a shame... :sunny:

Well, regardless, I'm honestly not the biggest fan of early Death Metal. :pout: It's not horrible, but if you ask me, Death Metal's subgenres (Brutal Death, Blackened Death, Melodic Death)  are better than the standard genre itself. 6/10.

Something tells me you'll like this song, but another side is telling me you'll find it mediocre... :pout: I guess I'll find out soon!

(Oh, by the way, I don't have any specific recommendations for any of the bands songs, really; I would just listen to the rest of the album, and maybe the next one they released to see if you truly like them or not! :))

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

8.5/10, Skeletonwitch is the shiiiiit. I'm partial to Beyond The Permafrost though, that album is a banger through and through.

22 minutes ago, Recherche said:

6/10.

This is an absolutely criminal score for Death ;~; Sadface. One of, if not the, most influential and formative bands in death metal, and heavier styles of metal in general :( 

One of the forefathers of brutal death metal, with an Egyptian flare that isn't overbearing or corny :) 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Twiliscael said:

This is an absolutely criminal score for Death ;~; Sadface. One of, if not the, most influential and formative bands in death metal, and heavier styles of metal in general :( 

One of the forefathers of brutal death metal, with an Egyptian flare that isn't overbearing or corny :) 

Yeah, I think Nile is a lot better than Death, to be brutally honest! :adorkable: They just a bit more of a... "punch," if you know what I mean. :) 8/10 for the song that you posted. 

Anyways, that song is pretty catchy! It's not quite to my tastes, but I don't think it's bad! 7/10. :)

I'm honestly not sure what compels me to post this song here, but I really like it for some reason. :pout:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

Woah... I love it! I could almost imagine listening to it walking down a prairie when sun rises! :yay: 10/10! 

If we're on then subject of relaxing music, than this ought to be a hit! :ooh:

Spoiler

This was the album that got me into all the music I love today <3 11/10

7.5/10, haven’t heard Treble in a looong time. It’s good to hear old songs that maybe aren’t your favorite, but that you just haven’t heard in forever.

Newer Pokémon music is great- like taking a classically composed orchestral song, translating it to a shit-ton of synths, and throwing in keys and organs and whatnot to make it sound damn good. It’s what happens when a bunch of artists who were until relatively recently confined to chiptune, and now have access to any and all experimentation and instrumentation.

• Brohoof 1

That battle theme is really cool, but to be completely honest... I kinda prefer the first version! :please: I just think it's more intense. :)

Spoiler

Anyways, when it comes to my favorite Pokemon battle themes, this one is easily in the top 3! :squee:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Recherche said:

That battle theme is really cool, but to be completely honest... I kinda prefer the first version! :please: I just think it's more intense. :)

But but but the second version is so much more bombastic and compositionaly dynamic! D:

...Opinions though, they're great to have!

As far as Pokemon tunes go, that's a solid 8.5/10. The Elite Four themes are always badass, and that one's no exception. Black and White had some great music overall, I wish they stuck more with that style for Black 2 and White 2 for the overall soundtrack.

Trippyyyyy jams for the brain-pan. Plus a fan-made music video made from 2001: A Space Odyssey sure tickles my peach.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

Hm... not bad! It seems to be a pretty neat fusion of a bunch of different genres, and they make it work better than most others could! :ooh: 8/10.

I mentioned Melodic Death Metal earlier... Well, these guys are the best of the breed, if you ask me! :D

Spoiler

• Brohoof 2

9/10, I love my Nordic savages and Pagan gods! You also picked a particularly great track by them! Good work ;) 

Oh pffft I don't even have to listen to that track, I know my Blind Guardian. Power metal is not quite my steez, so I'm docking it at a 7/10. Blind Guardian is one of the better bands though ^^

Going back to melodeath, you can't go wrong with The Black Dahlia Murder- they're the best of breed imo, they do a great job of really emphasizing both the melodic and the death parts of their sound :3c

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hm... that song is... okay? The guitar and drums are great... but the vocals are, to be blunt, Godawful. :rarity: 5/10.

I guess I'll split this comment, due to differing tastes.

If @Twiliscael reacts next, than feel free to ignore this song; I know it's not to your tastes! :please:

Spoiler

Instead, you can listen to some sweet Groove Metal!

Spoiler

Feel free to react to either of them, though!

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well you were correct about that! Sabaton isn't quite my style :P 

As for Pantera... while that song is on one of their weaker albums, it's still an awesome Pantera tune. 8/5/10, such a shame what happened to Dimebag... :( I haven't listened to Pantera in a while, damnnnn. Plus Pantera influenced a whoooole lot of newer bands that I like as well, what with their heavy grooves and what have you.

For something similar to that, I'd look at Lamb of God. To me they sound like Pantera totally juiced up on steroids.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

I'll be honest: that song is okay, but I kinda preferred 5 Minutes Alone. That song is faster and more aggressive... but I liked 5 Minutes Alone because it was very aggressive, but also slow (relatively speaking) and steady. :) Regardless, it's not bad, I just don't think it's as good as 5 Minutes Alone. 7/10.

This is a song a friend on the Forums showed me, and I think you're going to hate it... So why not post it here? :fleur:

Spoiler