Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How is G3 merchandise still being sold?

Dr. Nefarious

So today I was at the shopping center in my town, and decided to go in one of the stores and see if they had and FiM merchandise of any kind. Unfortunately, all the merchandise I saw was G3, coloring books, toys, shirts, all G3 merchandise. And I even saw a little girl wearing a G3.5 shirt who couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 years old. She begged her parents for one of the toys there and they said no, she then started crying and they had to drag her out of there. So I wanted to ask you, why are they still selling G3 merchandise? How can they even sell it? G3 has been dead for over a decade I'm pretty sure, so how is it still being sold on store shelves?

You said it yourself, there are little girls with parents who still wants them.

As long as a reasonable demand exist, there will be toys for sale.

And according to a certain MLP wiki, they still made g3 ponies in 2009, so it's not that old

(edited)

G3 Began in 2003 and ended in 2009. G3.5 then came and only lasted a year or so. So no, it hasn't been dead for over a decade. It don't know why they are still selling that stuff though.

Oh, because looking at the animation and sound quality, I assumed it was sometime in the 90's. Edited by TomzRD

Woah really? Where -is- this? The only reason I can think of for them selling g3 in stores is for collectible purposes. I thought the only way you could find them is through Amazon or E-Bay.

Which ones are there? I've been meaning to get my hands on a few g3's.

Edited by MetalGearP0n3

Because clearly there wasn't enough demand or too much supply. Also, some folks are still familiar with MLP as a toyline rather than a TV show with a toyline, and who knows, maybe the G3 toys still have some appeal.

I am, of course, endlessly annoyed that many non-toy stores seem to be naively unaware that G4 exists, but I guess transitions can't be made overnight. I see too many cakes featuring the old (G3) Rainbow Dash, and absolutely none featuring Twilight Sparkle. At least I got a glimmer of hope when I heard that Wal-Mart sold a G4 Applejack-themed cake.

I went to a random small toy shop just for whatever and there was a G3.5 sea pony Scootaloo thing. It was quite horrifying. My friend who doesn't understand the differences between MLP generations was wondering why I was freaking out lol. Also, G1 has been dead for over a decade, not G3. You should be able to find G4 ponies in Walmart, Target, or Toys R Us.

Seriously it's still being sold? 1 sign of the world ending :/ I would think that after G4 came out, they would pull that piece of crap G3/G3.5 off the shelves. :/ I remember still having some of the them when I was little :/ Does anybody remember the new born curies show that they used to have that was animated in flash? of god the nightmares. What store is that? All of my stores just have G4/G3.5.

Mainly because there are (and I use the term are lightly) people who still watch and enjoy it.

As you stated probably mostly a younger audience 3-10 maybe

Aww, come now. I'm 17 and still have my g3 figures x3

Although, if I wasn't raised on those ponies, I probably wouldn't like them. Then again, that's also a big reason why I like g4.

(g3.5 is pretty horrible though. I'll give you that.)

Because clearly there wasn't enough demand or too much supply. Also, some folks are still familiar with MLP as a toyline rather than a TV show with a toyline, and who knows, maybe the G3 toys still have some appeal.

I am, of course, endlessly annoyed that many non-toy stores seem to be naively unaware that G4 exists, but I guess transitions can't be made overnight. I see too many cakes featuring the old (G3) Rainbow Dash, and absolutely none featuring Twilight Sparkle. At least I got a glimmer of hope when I heard that Wal-Mart sold a G4 Applejack-themed cake.

I recently got a cake from there called a rainbow blast that is done in the same color scheme as rainbow dash, but I think that's more coincidence then deliberate .

Still looked awesome tho and it could be easily modified with a pony or something if you wanted to :) I'll post pics ASAP

Pretty much old birthday cards and coloring books and some stickers, and like 5 months ago I found some Mermaid set that was really creepy to me, Stuff they're trying to get rid of, Plus Hasbro still has ads in that DVD The Friendship Express for some DVD for a crappy old G3.5 cartoon, And it's as a bonus in the Royal Pony Wedding DVD.