Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Open Letter From Ol' Sarge

Ol' Sarge

You can't blame the father for being overprotected of his child, especially while she's on the internet - it can be really really easy to start trusting and talking to the wrong people if you're not totally sure what you're doing.

I'm sure that Sarge has explained it was just a misinterpretation and that it's just a game, but you have to see the perspective of the father... He probably doesn't see this stuff as a game at all and his outrage is blinding him

You make some interesting points there.

However, being overprotective of his child doesn't mean you go out of your way to call someone and threaten to ruin his life over the internet. That's not being overprotective at all. You can almost call it harassment. Who really goes out of their way to get someone's phone number and just does that? Even some overprotective fathers I know aren't as crazy as that.

And even if I see something like this over the internet from his perspective, it's just too stupid to do just that. I would've just borrowed the girl's account and politely ask them to stop. It's just plain idiotic to do something like this.

And also, being blinded by outrage over the internet without even seeing or doing any research at all (Eventhough the title is staring him in the face) is a crime in itself.

• Brohoof 1

I wish this bro coulda called me instead, I woulda flipped out on his fucking ass.

Sarge, we are all very sorry for you and we ALL wish that this never happened. Whatever does happen, just know that we're all on your side and that we'd do anything we can to help you. Stuff like this seriously sickens me.

• Brohoof 1

First off, why in the hell did the parents let an 8 year old girl on the internet? Second of all, I don't think it is completely your fault. It's a forum game, not to be taken seriously. Anything pressed against you can be fought back with facts and truth and with us having your back.

I don't know what to say, but they will be fighting hard to ruin your name. Good luck to you.

• Brohoof 1

A question has been nipping at me while reading this as well: How in the heck did the parent manage to call you? Was your phone number public at the time? O-o

In the Skype chat forums, Skull said the guy may have traced his username to his flickr account and got it there. Needless to say, this guy is whack.

In the Skype chat forums, Skull said the guy may have traced his username to his flickr account and got it there. Needless to say, this guy is whack.

Who sounds like the actual creeper in this case? o-o

• Brohoof 4

This is absolutely terrible.... Parents should not be letting their 8 year old kids roam free on the internet in this manner. The internet is not a child-safe environment by any means, and the fact that a parent would go this far because of a few joking words said on forums is absolutely sickening. I think it's about as ridiculous as if a parent were to sue a town for the kid falling while running on a field. This sort of thing should not be happening.

Edited by kotakotakota
  • Brohoof 1

I sadly do only have little knowledge of U.S. law system, and therefore don't know if you can get sued for such stupid reason, but I do believe that no sane person informed about concept of that forum game would consider you guilty of anything except wasting your time on internet (which is, as far as I know, no crime). I'd like to wish you best luck, and I hope you will succeed in convincing your wife that you did not intend to do any harm to anyone. You remain innocent in my eyes, and I do not think you damaged the view on our community.

• Brohoof 1

I cannot believe what I just read. Who takes the forum games seriously? Who...who...arg. What can I say? It's messed up. I've seen your posts, Sarge, they are light-hearted and totally joking around. Damn. I personally think that youbger children should be barred from the internet, all it does is cause trouble. No offense to amy of our younger members. Sarge, if anyone comes to arrest you, I believe they have no right. You did not mean any harm, you PMed her that it was a joke, right? This is such bullshit. I really don't know what else to say anymore. If you must go, I, no, we will miss you. You have NOTHING to be sorry for, you hear. It is with a heavy heasrt that I say goodbye, but if you must, then goodbye. Take good care of Skullbuster and the rest of your family, and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Your Friend (more than you'd think),

Twilie'Zorah

Edited by Twilie'Zorah
  • Brohoof 2

So let me get this straight.

You humbly told everyone who got involved that it was a game and should not be taken seriously.

Then, this guy frames you for pedophilia because he let his daughter on the internet.

He let his eight year old daughter go on the internet.

I highly doubt it's your fault, and as any normal person would agree, having small kids on the internet, no matter how or where, is a bad idea. Hell, I've even seen sexually provoking pictures of Dora the Explorer! I'm terribly sorry for what might happen to you, but from my point of view, he's just a bad parent.

But still, with all of this, I suppose it shall be a good idea to bring up an age restrictor, like Crona the Critic suggested in a different topic. It might not stop kids from getting in, but at least members of this website will be protected in some way from cases such as this.

Edit: Ok, so apparently, he did supervise her. Still though, jumping to conclusions and then threatening other people like some idiot with not even the slightest of remorse or giving the ability to explain the whole situation.

Yup. I still blame the father.

Edited by OlegEqualzName
  • Brohoof 1

Wow man. My heart goes out to you. I can't believe this is happening and nor do I blame you in anyway. I am not sure what to say, except probably take legal action for defamation.

Good Luck, my prayer are with you.

Mods: I agree, age restriction and probably a clause in the rules about the forum games to stop this from ever happening again. (or where it can be used in legal matters to protect the members).

• Brohoof 1

I got a good idea on who she is, considering she's the only 8 year old .____.

Leave her alone, she didn't ask to have protective parents; there's no reason to reticule anyone in this situation. The kid's parents were doing their job, and Ol' Sarge has come out and apologized to the Forum; there's not much else that can be done. Sarge, props to you for coming out and apologizing, as my dad would say, "That takes some serious intestinal fortitude" Hope you aren't gone for too long, you are missed
  • Brohoof 6

Red's right, none of us have the right to go and discriminate the user for any reason. It's not her fault her parents found out. It's not her fault that her father took this course of action. Trust me, my heart goes out to you Sarge (see my previous post), but we have no right to rip in this user.
  • Brohoof 2

I've seen Ol' Sarge around the forums and I know for a fact he is not like that. Also, why the fuck is that 8 year old girl on the internet unsupervised? If anything, you should be atleast 11 or 12 to be allowed on the internet. Anyways, if that ermmm, ignorant person bitches about you being a pedophile, he has himself to blame. The girl should've been supervised or not on the internet at all. Anyways, I support you and Skullbuster.

It's been brought to my attention that she was supervised. But still, why didn't she explain it was a forum GAME?

Edited by Quille The Pony.
  • Brohoof 1

Well, this is just a crock of shit. I'm glad I stay out of the forum games, now. Sarge, you're one of the folks I instantly liked when I joined this forum. I'm sad to see you go, and I hope you'll be back soon. I hope everything works out for you, and that this nutjob comes to his senses and apologizes for flipping out. As everyone has said, the internet is no place for children, and if he wants something to freak out about, I'm sure we could all band together and find the most disturbing thing possible for him to freak out about.

• Brohoof 2

I've seen Ol' Sarge around the forums and I know for a fact he is not like that. Also, why the fuck is that 8 year old girl on the internet unsupervised? If anything, you should be atleast 11 or 12 to be allowed on the internet. Anyways, if that ermmm, ignorant person bitches about you being a pedophile, he has himself to blame. The girl should've been supervised or not on the internet at all. Anyways, I support you and Skullbuster.

She was supervised. That's obviously how her dad found out. He was being a good dad, and checking out her activity. He figured as an MLP forum, it would be safe. Only problem, he missed the fact it was a forum game. She may not even be allowed on here right now because of this either.

• Brohoof 1

everypony.... I have a serious question right now for every. single. one of you. What will happen if this turns into a legal matter? what will happen if that father takes him to court on account of... I dont even know? peophilia? will we, as a community, be able to help Ol' sarge in any way, shape, or form? honestly, I'm a little nervous for Ol' sarge right now....

• Brohoof 1

*sigh* All i'm doing is hoping it was all just a prank, like one of those "my sons been watching your channel and he got scared over your cussing, please delete or i shall." things. Though I know, that's not going to be the case in any sense of a doubt.

Anyway, even though i just started posting (after months of ghosting) and I shouldn't really have a say in this or be enraged by this(though i'm sorta still am for some reasons) ,but...god, to know that people that young are in the forums. I knew and I bet a lot of other people knew in these forums that there were probably some in here but when you get slap in the face by it, such as this here, it really makes people edgy.

On a side note, for you, those who are underage, and maybe the girl(if her dad still lets her on at this point which would be a plain indication that he's probably not the best parent[once again shouldn't say that since i'm only 15]) is looking at this right now, cause maybe she is. You shouldn't be one these forums for 1, people can be very mean on them(this is a brony forum so it's quite nice[just stay away from 4chan]) and 2,you really must know the understanding of when to let things go, if whining to your dad about some person kissing you on a kissing forum game, you should have expected something like that, there is no need to ask him for help when it's through your own actions that were shown in your face.(literally, a kissing game, you would've known by looking at it)

I'm going to stop before i keep repeating the same stuff over and over again through my semi-inductive

neurotic personality.

• Brohoof 1

everypony.... I have a serious question right now for every. single. one of you.

What will happen if this turns into a legal matter?

what will happen if that father takes him to court on account of... I dont even know? peophilia?

will we, as a community, be able to help Ol' sarge in any way, shape, or form?

honestly, I'm a little nervous for Ol' sarge right now....

IF it goes to court, we should all sign a petition stating the known use of the forum games. That way, it can be presented in court to show the communities understanding of that section. It takes it off Ol'Sarge and puts it on dad for jumping on things.

This case should go to court for Defmamation. Ol'Sarge needs to take legal action for at least slander, if not Libel as well. (if the craisge listing did happen.

On a side note, for you, those who are underage, and maybe the girl(if her dad still lets her on at this point which would be a plain indication that he's probably not the best parent[once again shouldn't say that since i'm only 15]) is looking at this right now, cause maybe she is. You shouldn't be one these forums for 1, people can be very mean on them(this is a brony forum so it's quite nice[just stay away from 4chan]) and 2,you really must know the understanding of when to let things go, if whining to your dad about some person kissing you on a kissing forum game, you should have expected something like that, there is no need to ask him for help when it's through your own actions that were shown in your face.(literally, a kissing game, you would've known by looking at it)

Actually, he was a good parent by checking her activity, most likely in the history. He probably saw Marry, Kiss or Bannish to the moon and saw the post. He jump on his preconcieved notions, and missed the fact that it was a game. Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 3

She was supervised. That's obviously how her dad found out. He was being a good dad, and checking out her activity. He figured as an MLP forum, it would be safe. Only problem, he missed the fact it was a forum game. She may not even be allowed on here right now because of this either.

Oh. I missed that part. *facepalm* although that was good of him to supervise his child on the internet, why didn't she explain it was a game? If I was in that situation I'd explain it was under forum games.
  • Brohoof 1

I understand where the father is coming from, but the overreaction from him is just over the top. Threatening someone else when they have done nothing wrong is just moronic. Telling the child to not use the forums anymore would be an understandable measure. But calling the other user, in this case Sarge, and threatening them? That just rustles my jimmies so much.

Hope this blows over soon and you can return to the forum, Sarge. We'll miss a valuable member such as yourself very much.

• Brohoof 1

Oh. I missed that part. *facepalm* although that was good of him to supervise his child on the internet, why didn't she explain it was a game? If I was in that situation I'd explain it was under forum games.

And why is an eight year old girl on a thread that obviously is not appropriate for her. I mean a thread like that has got to be rated at least PG-13 or something...
  • Brohoof 1

She probably was not there. He saw "Marry, KIss or Banish to the moon' clicked on it, saw some guy *kiss* his daughter, clicked on teh guy, saw his age and phone number and flipped. no time for an explination, no time for anything. he probably did not research anything. Nor do I blame him. He was not expecting to see it on what he assumed was a safe site, and at a glance, is now not. A father protecting his daughter.

And why is an eight year old girl on a thread that obviously is not appropriate for her. I mean a thread like that has got to be rated at least PG-13 or something...

Nope, cause most people either put:

Marry

Kiss

Banish

With no explination. lol.

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 1