Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you think is the best comedy duo?

Jack Durango

So yeah, which of the Mane 6 (or any other ponies or characters) do you find most hilarious when they're put in a situation together? Of course, it's fun and sometimes really cute to watch Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy interact and get caught up in circumstance. Personally, though, I find the slapstick shenanigans of Pinkie Pie teamed with either Twilight or Rarity to be some of the best humor in the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0bpVv9j4ppM

• Brohoof 1

Rarity and Applejack. Always at odds in a friendly way, and anytime they are put together, there is always some commotion.

"Just like how you thought that big ol' boulder was a diamond!"

"I thought we agreed to never speak of this again."

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. When boastful and energetic Rainbow Dash is interacting with quiet, modest, cowardly Fluttershy interact it's usually hilarious. For example, the scene in Dragon Quest when Rainbow is trying to force Fluttershy to go dragon watching-and is responded with a tackle. Or whenever someone's in trouble (for example, Secret of my Excess when Spike and Rarity are falling) I find it hilarious how Rainbow always pulls Fluttershy in with her to help. Like Rarity and Applejack, it's a complete opposites thing.

Pinkie and Twilight are always funny together too. It's About Time and Feeling Pinkie Keen proved this. And if Spike counts, his banter with Twilight is funny too.

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

Oh that's easy! Pinkie Pie and Twilight.

One's off the walls erratic and constantly throws logic and reason out the window on a daily basis, while the other tries to apply reason and logic (and failing I might add) to Pinkie's insane antics. It's basically a battle between cartoon logic and hard science that works rather well in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

There's alot of good combinations because they're all funny in a different way.

AJ and Rarity (Look Before You Sleep)

Rainbow and Pinkie (Griffon The Brush Off)

Fluttershy and Pinkie (Various Episodes)

Twilight and Pinkie (Feeling Pinkie Keen)

Huh, I guess Pinkie can fit well with alot of them.

Rarity and Applejack for aforementioned reasons, they're like an old married couple the way they get on each others nerves just because of their natures. I'd say they're one of the pairs of main ponies the show actually tries to go out of the way and make a comedic pair. Unlike say, Rainbow and AJ, which is more friendly competition rivalry than comedic.

Another is Flutters and Dashie. Dash is Fluttershy's opposite much the same way Rarity is AJ's opposite. It's cute seeing Rainbow get impatient at Fluttershy's indecisive and quiet nature, when she herself is loud and quick to make decisions. Hurricane Fluttershy and the opening to the cider episode demonstrated this the most. Though, their relationship is cute just as much as it is comical ^^ Dash kinda acts like the protective big sister, like how she stuck up for Fluttershy in their youth, and how she goes out of her way to try and be more patient and not yell at her like she might with others.

/rantrantrant

• Brohoof 1

Applejack/Rarity for a lot of reasons. They are total opposites to each other and it gets very amusing to see what the result would be if one were to put them in a tight situation.

Fluttershy/Rainbow Dash is also a funny duo. Fluttershy being the quiet, modest, and shy one doesn't like to be loud and stand out much. It's funny to see how Rainbow Dash sometimes has to make her yell and other sorts of things.

Applejack/Rarity

Pinkie/Twilight

Pinkie/Rainbow Dash

Actually Pinkie with anyone really, but she could really use more interaction with Applejack(but not as play characters like before).

Edited by (\SBB64/)

Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy

Special mention for Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

• Brohoof 1

it's so funny how everypony seems to agree that Rarity is a funny character when is paired to another one, when she is so ladylike, and elegant and stuff.

I don't Rarity as funny just by herself, but all the situations that sorrounds her maker scenes the funniest of the show, I think that Rarity/Pinkie Pie or Rarity/Sweetie Belle makes a great comedy duo!!! hahahahaha!!!

this scene is priceless (I love you Rarity *_*)

Ummmm I would suppose maybe Pinkie pie Rainbow dash or Fluttershy.... I think pinkie pie is suppose to be the mane funny one sometimes.... Rainbow get's the best of herself and ask funny in the second episode when she get's mad at twilight for knowing about Nightmare moon The tone she said it "Are you a Spy"! And Fluttershy is AWESOME the way she just get mad but asks so shy at times especially in the episode 26 season 1 She said You are going to LOVE ME!!!!!!!!

Applejack/Rarity

I guess RD and Fluttershy was funny in the sense of "ha ha that's cute" way

Pinkie solos.She's a strong Pink mare that don't need no comedy partner

It's Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash for me, I like the part where they pulled pranks on their own friends in one of the episodes and it made me giggle inside.

I myself quite like the duo of Rarity and Applejack. The Sleepover episode was one that made me laugh almost the entire way through. Just the wildly opposite natures and values of the two ponies really works for me.