Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Roller Coaster Enthusiast thread

Dusty Soul

(edited)

I may not have the money or time to travel and go to amusement parks, but the one closest to me is Silverwood (about an hour and a half)

They added a pretty sick coaster semi recently that hits 100mph and goes backwards.

Silverwood is pretty awesome. I love the look of the coaster Tremors. They don't have a roller coaster that hits 100mph though... I think your talking about Aftershock, that is an awesome roller coaster. It only goes 65mph though.

That's awesome!

I really wish that I knew someone that is at least a bit knowledgeable about theme parks at my school...I have any enthusiast friends in real life :( (Though I do have real brony friends :) )

Same here, roller coaster enthusiasts are really hard to come by where I live. Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

Silverwood is pretty awesome. I love the look of the coaster Tremors. They don't have a roller coaster that hits 100mph though... I think your talking about Aftershock, that is an awesome roller coaster. It only goes 65mph though.

Same here, roller coaster enthusiasts are really hard to come by where I live.

sorry that is just what the stats are from what i heard from an employee, but still it is pretty good. My favorite is always going to be tremors. And corkscrew is probably my number 2 favorite.

sorry that is just what the stats are from what i heard from an employee, but still it is pretty good. My favorite is always going to be tremors. And corkscrew is probably my number 2 favorite.

I love the overall look of Tremors. I've never rode it sadly, but I've heard it's good. This is my favorite picture of it... Posted Image
  • Brohoof 1

I love the overall look of Tremors. I've never rode it sadly, but I've heard it's good. This is my favorite picture of it...

Nice, i'm surprised anyone from the forums was even close to this park.

If you ever have the chance again... ride it! It goes through a giftshop and all kinds of crazy turns :o

Edit: btw the left one is timber terror and the right is tremors

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Did I mention that I the only bronies offline I've seen were at theme parks :)? The first was at Carowinds, mah cities' theme park, and he other 2 were a Cedar Point. It was quite awesome, considering you'd kinda have to go on a "I don't give a fuck" attitude when wering those pony shirts ;) . Just another reason to keep roller coaster hunting. I could've gone to Kings Dominion one year ago, but unfortunately, I never told mah grandparents about it. That park seems cool, especially with Intimidator 305 and Volcano.

Edited by akimBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Nice, i'm surprised anyone from the forums was even close to this park.

If you ever have the chance again... ride it! It goes through a giftshop and all kinds of crazy turns :o

Edit: btw the left one is timber terror and the right is tremors

I actually don't live anywhere near this park. I just love the old 70's type rides it has. I will be sure to ride it. Silverwood was one of those parks I studied while on my roller coaster hiatus.
  • Brohoof 1

I actually don't live anywhere near this park. I just love the old 70's type rides it has. I will be sure to ride it. Silverwood was one of those parks I studied while on my roller coaster hiatus.

oh i meant to say "came" near the park, sorry

but i see what you mean.

yeah ride it if you do go to the park.

oh i meant to say "came" near the park, sorry

but i see what you mean.

yeah ride it if you do go to the park.

I don't think that I have ever been within 1000 miles of it... but I would like to go someday.

On a different note, I would like to go to the 2017 opening of Flying Turns...XD

• Brohoof 2

I remember mah first inverting coaster (Coaster that goes upside down). It was The Incredible Hulk Coaster in Islands of Adventure.

Imagine if there was a MLP-themed section of some popular theme park :huh:? Even if it were to be a mainly-kids section they should atleast have one REALLY intense ride themed after Rainbow Dash ^_^. I was thinking along the lines of aaaa......strata coaster :o, like Top Thrill Dragster or Kingda Ka. It could be more or less like Xcelerator, Stealth, or Stormrunner though. Those 3 accelerate almost like TTD and KK, but aren't huge or incredibly, incredibly fast.

Edited by akimBrony

I remember mah first inverting coaster (Coaster that goes upside down). It was The Incredible Hulk Coaster in Islands of Adventure.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsjdYQJc748

Imagine if there was a MLP-themed section of some popular theme park :huh:? Even if it were to be a mainly-kids section they should atleats have one REALLY intense ride themed after Rainbow Dash ^_^. I was thinking along the lines of aaaa......strata coaster :o, like Top Thrill Dragster or Kingda Ka. It could be more or less like Xcelerator, Stealth, or Stormrunner though. Those 3 accelerate almost like TTD and KK, but aren't huge or incredibly, incredibly fast.

I made some roller coasters themed to the personalities of each of the mane 6. Just go to other fan works and type in "Fluttershy Roller coaster" It will come up. Rainbow Dash would have to be a very fast ride. Also I love the themeing on the Incredible Hulk.

I don't think that I have ever been within 1000 miles of it... but I would like to go someday.

On a different note, I would like to go to the 2017 opening of Flying Turns...XD

Flying Turns is going to take that long to open? Holy crap... I can't believe how much work they're putting into this.
  • Brohoof 1

Well judging that the usa is only about 3000 miles wide you have a large chance you have been near it "if you live in the states"

and i'm not familiar with this opening. elaborate?

Hmmm...A MLP themed section? To be honest...in a strange way it would probably freak me out. I mean it would be awesome of course! But I wouldn't like to visit it by myself...sort of like any convention.

Well judging that the usa is only about 3000 miles wide you have a large chance you have been near it "if you live in the states"

and i'm not familiar with this opening. elaborate?

Well, there is a ride at park in PA called Knoebel's... and they have a beautiful bobsled ride called Flying Turns...

Posted Image

It was originally suppose to open in 2006, but was delayed until 2007 due to problems... then it was delayed another year, then another year, then another year... yea I guess you get the picture.

It is suppose to open next year...but it is doubtful...

Edited by coastercrutchfield
  • Brohoof 1

Hmmm...A MLP themed section? To be honest...in a strange way it would probably freak me out. I mean it would be awesome of course! But I wouldn't like to visit it by myself...sort of like any convention.

Well, there is a ride at park in PA called Knoebel's... and they have a beautiful bobsled ride called Flying Turns...

Posted Image

It was originally suppose to open in 2006, but was delayed until 2007 due to problems... then it was delayed another year, then another year, then another year... yea I guess you get the picture.

It is suppose to open next year...but it is doubtful...

I hope it does. The world doesn't have enough of the old fashioned Flying Turns roller coasters anymore. Bobsleds are the closest we have. They have steel not wood, therefore I cannot wait to see how this turns out.

That picture is beautiful btw.

I can't wait either... I mean La Vibora at SFOT just plain sucks (hurts like hell). I did find a POV of Flying Turns though...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c2ODbCqYKk

La Vibora does suck. It was a great ride when it first was built then it soon became a terrible ride. That video just makes me want it more and more. The banking on the turns is just mind-blowing.

I know right!

The fact that gets me though is that it is just so freaking gorgeous! I mean that wood is just sooooo beautiful.

I think i'm going to cry...

• Brohoof 2

Speaking of beautiful coasters... I have to say probably the most beautiful roller coaster I've seen/ridden in person is the Voyage at Holiday World. The part in the woods just bends in a way that most coasters don't.Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

The Voyage is another one of those "I want to ride so fricken bad" coasters...

Though I didn't really like the coaster, Twister II at Elitch Gardens does look pretty nice in real life

Posted Image

The Voyage is another one of those "I want to ride so fricken bad" coasters...

Though I didn't really like the coaster, Twister II at Elitch Gardens does look pretty nice in real life

Posted Image

Twister 2 is ok... It looks phenomenal though. The Voyage is an awesome coaster. It's long, it has airtime, it's fast, and it's one of the steepest wooden coasters ever. It is a must ride.

Twister 2 is ok... It looks phenomenal though. The Voyage is an awesome coaster. It's long, it has airtime, it's fast, and it's one of the steepest wooden coasters ever. It is a must ride.

I was going to visit Holiday World back in 2010 when I took a roadtrip to Chicago, but I decided to visit SF:STL instead... biggest mistake of my life.

I was going to visit Holiday World back in 2010 when I took a roadtrip to Chicago, but I decided to visit SF:STL instead... biggest mistake of my life.

Holiday World is a much nicer park then most of it's competitors. It has well maintained roller coasters, and a beautiful location. The owners are really friendly as well.

Yep. I've looked and researched almost everything I could about Holiday World. It seems like such an awesome park! I still regret it to this day.

Plus... FREE SODA!!!

Anyone else here thrilled to death about August 30? I can hardly wait! Whatever Magic Moutain gets, I'm sure it will be epic. Well... For the sake of my fanboyish hate for Cedar Point, it better be epic!

On a side note, I bet we'll also know when season three begins by then... I bet we will!

Edited by MontagnaMagica

Anyone else here thrilled to death about August 30? I can hardly wait! Whatever Magic Moutain gets, I'm sure it will be epic. Well... For the sake of my fanboyish hate for Cedar Point, it better be epic!

On a side note, I bet we'll also know when season three begins by then... I bet we will!

I already have that date set on my calendar :)

And everypony could only hope for the announcement of season three!

Posted Image

It's much more of a nice visual than a nice ride. Seriously wish they stuck with the original layout instead of rebuilding it as this neutered mess.

Take it from a (semi) local, Lakeside's Cyclone a few miles down the 70 provides a much better ride IMO.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1