Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I just read My Little Dashie

Simcity11100

Not sure if this is the right place to say this, but do I need to go to the doctor? I mean it's suppose to be emotional, but I didn't feel sad at all. Anyone have a clue to why I really can't fell sadness, I lost a dog to cancer and had to give the other two away and lost a cat which was the closest thing to me, yet I don't cry and also lost 2 siblings, but yet nothing. I thought the story was entertaining, but I can't seem to crack when reading My Little Dashie, yet I wonder why...

I didn't find it sad at all either. Some people aren't as dependent on connections as others. I lost a lot of close family and pets over the year as well, you just grow a thick skin to it I suppose. ~

My little dashie didn't affect me much either. And even reading through it I facepalmed several times at the content cheesyness factor. More than a touching read (really, where are your standards people? Have you read a BOOK by real author ever? And no, Twilight doesn't count! ):< ) the story was slowly moving and highly repetitive emofest. A good story involves highs and lows, it takes you up to drop you down, my little dashie was just drudging drag through sadgravel XD

• Brohoof 2

I feel the same way about My Little Dashie. It didn't touch me in any way whatsoever.

I agree with Pencils point of view on this, My Little Dashie is hardly a tearwelling story when you compare to the standards of some books by real authers.

About your other problems. I don't have valid answer for that. I'm sorry.

Edited by Lamii

Some people are naturally more resistant to certain emotions than others. Whether this has to do with losing your pets before or not isn't necessarily the case either. I've never had anything particularly sad happen in my life and yet I find it hard to be affected by the emotions sadness and depression.

People react to it in various ways, same as with everything. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you.

Personally I found it really sad but thats just how I reacted, doesn't mean anyone should be the same.

I don't really care when family, pets or friends die off. Sure my budgie died a few weeks ago, and I instantly made a joke about it the first time I saw it lying on the bottom of the cage.

But I do tend to cry when emotional things happen in fiction, and oh God I was bawling throughout in MLD. Right from the moment he brought Dashie home. The shear cuteness and touchingness of it all. Okay well I do tend to cry easily at fiction, and I also happen to have a strange sadomasochistic sense in that I FRIKIN' LOVE CRYING. So I personally loved MLD xD

But I find it odd everyone says it's sad. The reason it was so emotional was because it was an up-and-down fest. From adorable, loving, cute moments; to heartbreaking moments. I personally thought the end was bittersweet. I mean he was happy in the end...remember?

But that's just like, uuuh, my opinion man.

Emotional reaction is dependent on emotional investment into the characters.

If you do not invest into the characters [accommodated by good characterization and description] then you "won't care" what happens to them.

I've cried at three different characters in fiction before: Oksar Schindler, Forrest Gump, and Ash Ketchum. The first two were because the staging and characterization worked magnificently. The last was because I was an idiot that was 12 years old.

Same with me, I barely show sad emotions when something sad happens in a TV show, movie, or book. Although I nearly cried when Ironhide died in the third transformers movie (Sentinel!)

However I thought of a version of My Little Dashie where what if Dashie was found by a soldier during the war in Afghanistan?

What do you think? I agree with blue though about emotions. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I happened to stumble up a link to it by accident a few of days ago. I only teared up a little bit while reading it, but still found it rather touching.

I know that this has already been stated, but people are different when it comes to emotions. Past events may also affect how emotional you are too.

It probably also doesn't help that this fic is a crappy one, or at least by the standards of what I read so far.

Like a few before me said, not only do people have different reactions, but some people just basically are er...immune to it?

As for my reaction...

It takes a lot to even make my eyes burn slightly, and I at first felt like an insensitive asshole (sorry about the language, but there ain't any other way to say it) for not having any sort of reactions to some things. Eventually you realize it's a matter of the way you are, your personality, etc. and just end up saying "Whatever, it ain't my fault".

Cant say ive read My Little Dashie, but trust me, you dont need to see a doctor unless you feel you must. People feel sad at different things and in different ways. You shouldent feel guilty if you dont feel sad at even the most emotional times, your just feeling in a different way. I barely get sad at anything and ive only ever cried when im angry...

...THAT SAID theres one exception. I cried like a little baby wus at the Adam Sandler film 'Click'. The bit where he see's the last thing he said to his father... Im balling up now...

But i havent really felt properly emotional at anything else. Even when im at funerals i dont feel properly sad, i just feel empty. Wouldent call it sad, id call it nothing. An emotional blank slate. Nothing to be worried about, just another way to copeing im told.

Havent read this My Little Dashie. Ill check it out and tell you my response...

• Brohoof 1

The story is sad and it left me shocked at the end, but I don't really cry easily, I'm very stubborn when it comes to crying, in my great grandma's funeral I tried to resist the urge to cry, then I broke down crying on how I was going to miss her, but nah' I moved on, so I'm a bit off a tough nut to crack XD, I only cry whenever somethings get on my head...

Edited by Pinkazoid

Pfft, that wasent so bad! Who would cry at that? Pfft. Grow a backbone!

Who am i kidding?!

I managed to hold back the tears up until

"Your little daughter always,

Your little Dashie forever,

Rainbow dash."

I weaped for about 5 minutes, and i dont care what anyone thinks!

Like i said before, people cry at different things. Its still not weird for anyone not to cry at this, its just a story and im a bit of a wus. Its also much easier to cry at fiction that real life. Theres never that much drama in real life and you never get that much of an overlook. As the story itself goes, the only bad thing i can think of is that it dident really seem like Rainbow Dash at all, even if it wasent "the one from the show". I thought it was well written, good story and god damn SAD!

Goodnight everypony. (Im gonna look back on this in the morning and regret being such a dramatic wus, but i dont care)