Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Celestia was the one banished to the moon?

Stary Dreams

I've been thinking about this for a long time now...

What if it was Celestia who turned all evil and tried to make eternal day? What if it was Luna who had to banish her to the sun (or moon)?

Would the story be less exciting? More intresting? Ruining the plot?

Celestia should have been banished to the SUN a long time ago. Seems fitting. Lunar Republic all the way! Who can say no to that cute ball of dark allicorn?

Edited by MallaJong1
  • Brohoof 3

Great another idea for a fanfic, anyone mad if I write something like this. No, good, give me a few months. Anyway, it would definatly be intresting to see Twilight as the pupil to Luna instead of Celestia. How would Luna treat Twilight, and what would Twilight be learning. This is all very intresting. Yeah Celestia, the sun godess, on the moon. I don't know how much it would change, but it would definatly be intresting.

In all honesty I am very intrested now in writing a fanfic...

• Brohoof 3

Great another idea for a fanfic, anyone mad if I write something like this. No, good, give me a few months. Anyway, it would definatly be intresting to see Twilight as the pupil to Luna instead of Celestia. How would Luna treat Twilight, and what would Twilight be learning. This is all very intresting. Yeah Celestia, the sun godess, on the moon. I don't know how much it would change, but it would definatly be intresting.

In all honesty I am very intrested now in writing a fanfic...

you should write a fanfic about this! i would definitely read it. please do so haha. it would be pretty cool to see celestia's reactions lol

• Brohoof 1

you should write a fanfic about this! i would definitely read it. please do so haha. it would be pretty cool to see celestia's reactions lol

Added to my list of fanfics I need to write, hm, might do this one first, since it seems people would be intrested.

Oh and so I am not off track, I have some things to add.

First off, would that mean Celestia turned evil, so she was sent to the moon. It also makes some since, the moon goddes sending someone to the moon.

• Brohoof 1

Added to my list of fanfics I need to write, hm, might do this one first, since it seems people would be intrested.

Oh and so I am not off track, I have some things to add.

First off, would that mean Celestia turned evil, so she was sent to the moon. It also makes some since, the moon goddes sending someone to the moon.

hmm.. it would probably be a good story either way whether she turned into an evil mare or not. but yea, that would make sense haha

It would seem weird for the Sun goddess to be sent to the moon, especially when she's the elder sister xP But it would be at least a nice alternate story to see, plus she could be the new Nightmare Moon, it would be kind of funny to see a white mare to look like a dark villain.

Hmm...When I read the topic name, I thought to myself, "Instead of Celestia being sent to the moon...how bout she was sent to the sun, since she does controle the sun...." I thought about that for a bit. Let it marinate.

It came to me that if she was sent to the sun she would then burst into flames and die a horrifing death....(which would be awesome)

Well -- there will be some Luna in mine starting around part 5 -- and yes I do not think she gets enough love from the ponies. Way too much fear but I guess that is to be expected with the stories and all and 1000 years of legend. I was actually writing part of where Silvadel meets Luna last night.

That said though, if it went the other way 1,000 years ago, I don't exactly think Luna would deal with it by sending Celestia to the sun, and I think she would have turned out much differently after 1,000 years of rule rather than 1,000 years of exile.

Well, If you send Celestia to the Moon, it´s a disaster and if you send Evil one to the Moon, it´s even more of the disaster. Why? Well, she controls the Sun + she´s Evil, she could force the Sun to never rise until she´s back or to burn everypony in Equestria, dry seasons and stuff like that.

Well, but you can´t take me serious while I´m supporting the Solar Empire (it´s not like I don´t like Luna, I have just my own rational reasons).. :lol:

Wouldn't it make more sense to be banished to the sun? Well, then wouldn't she die on the sun? Then again, Luna didn't die on the moon. But still, getting burned = instant death.

I'm getting ahead of myself, here. :blink:

Celestia banished to the sun? Threatening to return in eternal day? Doesn't sound quite right. Not to mention, Luna had an entire holiday dedicated to her evil form, Nightmare Moon. Celestia doesn't have a sun holiday, I believe. So it seems off.

Being sent to the sun would be an obvious death sentence, barring magic.

I suppose, if we are to assume the traditional associations of light and dark, and their typical symbolic signficances, that the show would be quite a bit more cynical in tone-- and the significance of a hypothetical "Eternal Light" would also be premised on a rather unusual plant life-- the reason that eternal night was so disturbing to the ponies is because little would survive without light, so I suppose overexposure to sunlight would be harmful as well. Absent that, the show would make very little sense.

I don't know I think that would probably change the whole premise of the first episode. It would've been strange to see Celestia wanting revenge on anyone.

Luna seems less wise and much more...kiddish than Celestia, so I in fact think it could make a difference. Now I know it's unfair to say that about Luna since she didn't get to age normally for a thousand years like Celestia, but the fact remains they have some pretty big differences in their personalities. I don't think Luna would be as patient in the far more boring parts of ruling like paperwork and whatnot, and generally less patient than Celestia is in general.

Also, I'm 99.8% sure that there's stories of this idea already out there on the internet. Just sayin'.

• Brohoof 1

I presume we would then be asking, "What if Princess Luna were banished to the moon? What if she had turned evil and tried to plunge Equestria into eternal night?"

In other words, I suspect things would be more or less the same, except we would simply swap the roles of Luna and Celestia.

Celestia banished to the sun? Threatening to return in eternal day? Doesn't sound quite right. Not to mention, Luna had an entire holiday dedicated to her evil form, Nightmare Moon. Celestia doesn't have a sun holiday, I believe. So it seems off.

What about the Summer Sun Celebration? Isn't that kind of dedicated to her?

Nightmare Night for Luna and Summer Sun Celebration for Celestia?

Well, I don't think Celestia could be the evil one.

Luna was the one who felt jealous, while Celestia on the other hand, wasn't.

Now if Ponies slept in the day, Maybe it could happen?

Though, note that she was the more mature, elder sister, so she was that wise, and probally wouldn't have gotten jealous.

Well, i think Celestia would actually be successful if she became evil, because she has more experiences with magic, and is older than Luna. So she would cause forever daytime, and there would be little to no plot in the story. The End :/

Edited by bobthecableman

Well, I'll still see Celestia as good and Luna as Nightmare Moon. Equestria would be a much darker place if it were run by Nightmare.

Something like Lion King, when Scar took over Pride Rock :P

I don't think it would be much different, really. These kinda situations just seem more like a switch rather than something actually happening. Nightmare night wouldn't make much sense anymore, but that's about all I can think of being different.