Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which suits luna? Being a princess or nightmare moon.

SonicRainnuke

Well, obviously being a princess.

Nobody wants her to become Nightmare Moon agian, and besides her princess look is better than her Nightmare Moon look.

Plus she's having alot more fun as a princess.

I think that, out of all the vilians, Nightmare Moon had the least developement, so I can't really say much about her... She looked more cool, but I still prefer to see her interacting with the other ponies using that "royal speeching"... She's adorable as a princess. :D

I'd prefer Luna to be a princess of course, she looks a lot more adorable as a princess instead of a terrifying villian.

Besides, Nightmare Moon has the least development as DrizzleSTAR said as well. Her looks compared to Nightmare Moon and Princess Luna is completely different. Good thing Nightmare Moon didn't last long, she looks poorly made..

Princess for sure. I mean, no-one wants a villain, do they? I also didn't like Nightmare Moon really, she was kinda boring. And Luna just looks much nicer, is funnier and has more character.

Yeah, Nightmare Moon was kind of a very straight-forward, traditional, power-hungry villain without much development. I much more prefer Luna (and I imagine she does too) as her normal, regal, and way-too formal (and loud) self! She's so much fun, with her formal, but also very dorky and funny, mannerisms!!! Plus, as others have said, even though I love both the Princess Luna and the Nightmare Moon designs, I heavily prefer her Princess Luna design from Season 2 as opposed to her Nightmare Moon design! :D

Posted Image

Nightmare Moon wasn't really a "character" of Luna but rather an evil entity that corrupted Luna because of the bitter thoughts that had developed inside of her, the way i see it; thus, being a princess is the "role" that fits Luna the most, because as NM, she was but a mere puppet to the darkness, whose royal alicorn powers was used against her will to shroud the land in eternal night and deplete all living things of solar energy.

i agree that NM could have been handled better, but she was there because the pilot's point was to have a short, but captivating, story, to get people interested in the show. there's just not much you can do with that kind of plot under a mere 44 minutes of air-time.

Nightmare Moon = Badass

She should only PRETEND like she's Nightmare Moon on Nightmare Night.

Princess Luna = Amazing and cute.

She should just stay as Princess.

Well, Princess Luna is actually having trouble fitting in with the contemporary way of life. She was a graceful villain, yet a clumsy princess, so she technically is more suited to be a villain until she fully fits in. Not that I want her to return to being a villain!

Princess. Nightmare Moon was too power- hungry, out for vengeance, and so straight forward... then again she IS a villain so that's expected. But as Princess, Luna can be with her sister once more, explore the new Equestria, meet new ponies and have friends.

Being on the moon was far too deplorable for such a little cute alicorn!

I like Luna as a princess. Did Nightmare Moon have a cloak that turns into bats?! I thought not.

But yeah, Luna is a better princess than a villain. Although, I would like to learn how she became Nightmare Moon in the first place. It's not really explained well, or at least I don't get it. In the second episode, we see how she probably looked before she turned into NMM and was banished. What exactly caused the transformation? Was it really just jealousy and she cast a spell on herself to make her more powerful or something? Or was there, perhaps, an outside force working? Who knows, I know I don't.

Luna is definitely best as a princess.

Nightmare Moon is what Luna turned into, due to misunderstandings, fear, and eventually hate between herself and all the other ponies and creatures of Equestria. Those negative emotions boiled while she was all alone on the moon. . .

Nightmare Moon is a manifestation of sadness, anger, and loneliness. It's terrible to feel like that all the time, and to be driven by it. I wouldn't ever want Luna to be like that again.

Luna as a princess initially comes off as proper and noble, but she also has an adorable side. I love her like that!

Princess Luna is so adorable. The moment I saw here, I set phasers to hug.

Unfortunately, I couldn't reach her, and knocked down my computer.

So yes, I prefer Adorable Princess Luna.

• Brohoof 1

I would go with almost everyone's answer that she is best when a princess. She just looks cute, and can be shy. (Sound familiar?) Though for some reason she got in a fight or battle of some sort, I then think that nightmare moon would be best.

Does it really matter?

Celestia is, was, and always will be best princess.

ALL HAIL THE SOLAR EMPIRE!

I was being half serious above. Okay mostly serious, but anyway, Luna's better as a Princess.

Edited by Invader Critical Doompants

She looks alot better as a princess and while nightmare moon worked for the begining of the season as a villian, it obviously wouldn't work like that again. Plus I don't really want her to be banished to the moon again, I kinda feel bad for her :/

I sort've liked her as Nightmare Moon. I loved when she turned into her in "Luna Eclipsed", which I guess it's her alternate form rather than her "evil" form. I don't know if it's relevant, but check out "Children of the Night (Animatic)" on youtube. It'd be nice to see her change again. Not evil, just into her other form.

I also like the "Two best Sister's play" videos.