Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Leaving the herd?

Toughbrony20

Is it possible? Because I've been on the verge of it but every time I watch a new episode (and by new I mean the last 6 episodes of season 1 and I still have all of season 2 to watch) I simply enjoy the show too much to do so! Am I the only who has felt like this?!

Edit: Alright let me clear something up, the show and the fandom is great! But the thing is, I feel that the canterlot wedding won't live up to its praise everyone is giving! Like the sonic rainboom, did it look good, yes it did but it wasn't neccasarily epic the way everyone said it was. But I guess if the episodes are entertaining, it doesn't really matter

Edited by Toughbrony20

I'll bet their are people that have that "problem". I want to say it's impossible, because "Once a brony, always a brony," but I can't becuase people leave for various reasons. Even though they still watch the TV show, they don't consider themselves bronies...

The fanbase is so vast and so active and so creative, that I'm always entertained, even without episodes. I don't think I could get bored or even leave for quite a long time.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, what another commenter said, it' not just the show that makes up the Fandom, it's the Fandom itself and every(pony)body in it. It's up to you if you want to leave, I never want to leave for a loooong time! So amazing ^_^I'm having second thoughts on the Furry Fandom, but then I'd start from Zero again.

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco
  • Brohoof 1

Hey Winona, we got a runaway from the herd... Yip ... Winona draws the errant brony back to the herd... Good Girl Winona...

The show is too good to just leave after you put the 9 hours or so into watching season 1.

• Brohoof 3

Sounds like you're overhyping it. Of course, if everyone tells you it's epic, and then you create unrealistic expectations inside your head, you'll feel like leaving when it doesn't live up to that.

• Brohoof 1

I overhyped Canterlot Wedding and yet I still loved it and thought it was my personal favorite episode. :) Trust me, it's epic in my opinion, but you may form your own opinion once you actually get there.

You just have to not let your expectations or other people's opinions get in the way of anything. I'm horrid at this, and often let others opinion influence my own a lot, but I still enjoy every single episode. So what if it didn't reach my high expectations? There's still something unexpected and new in every episode, and knowing that makes me feel more excited for future episodes and makes me appreciate older ones more. B)

Edited by Rarietty

Unless this show dies off, I probably won't leave this place and fandom any time soon. The community is real nice and the show is great overall, so why leave?

If that is the case, then I have the feeling that this show won't be going anywhere for quite awhile because of the surprising number of fans that it drew and the impact that it has made on the community. The only true way for the show to die off is if those who watch the show stop showing their support of it by living a double life or something similar. The fanbase is what is driving the show mostly. At least, that is how I see it. Of all the fandoms I have seen, this is the most surprising of them, especially after I have seen the impact of the Brony community after watching the YouTube documentary vid called

. I don't think that I would be leaving the herd anytime soon.