Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Parent & Friend Reactions to your Bronyness: Before & After

Braeburn Apple

I suppose my family doesn't give a crap all much, and that my friends don't really care, and just accept it as one of my weird attributions (they don't even know that a whole fandom exists). I did manage to convert one guy, though.

Although, when I first mentioned it to my parents, I felt that they didn't take me too seriously on it. Especially how they were something like

"Nooooo! Of cooouuurse you're not weird!"

in and awkward way, but luckily they don't mention it too much (except for the times they notice the pony backgrounds and stuff)

Nowadays... well... I suppose I could say that all the fucks I gathered over the past few months, have completely disappeared. The only people I'm afraid of telling now are some select few who are immature brats trying to troll me.

Edited by OlegEqualzName
  • Brohoof 1

The only persons that now about it are my mom and my two sisters. My youngest sister didn't think that it was weird at all. My other sister thought it was really weird. But she understands why I like the show after watching some of it. My mom was the absolutely coolest about it. I showed her the pony t-shirts that I had bought and I thought that when she realized that it was my little pony she would look weirdly at me and don't say a word. But she smiled and thought that the t-shirts was really nice. At first I didn't think that she understood that it was ponies on the shirts. But then she said: "They look like My Little pony." And then I told her about the new generation and that I liked to watch it. Then she said: "Yeah, I know. I heard you telling your sister about it." She sees it just like any other tv-show. She probably dislikes more that I'm watching the Simpsons. "Oh not those yellow guys again!" She usually says when I'm watching it :P

They don't know, they'll never know, nobody will know my darkest secret. Nobody will know, nobody, nobody...

We know ;)

• Brohoof 1

They don't know, they'll never know, nobody will know my darkest secret. Nobody will know, nobody, nobody...

Posted Image

Same here. Nobody knows. I have gotta be the most cautious person I know(I'm even in incognito right now!).

• Brohoof 2

In my family: Only my mom knows, I think. She might have told my dad, but I'm not 100% sure. But she's okay with it, so yay ^_^

My friends: Well, most of my friends are bronies -before you ask, no, I do not only socialize with bronies/pegasisters. I'm just... Socially awkward, a little- So they're fine with it. There's only 2 people that I really talk to that don't like ponies or the fact that I'm a brony, but y'know, my love and tolerance level is always very high :) No matter what people say :)

• Brohoof 1

I know for sure if I mentioned anything of the sort to my parents... They would blow things out of the water and probably give me hell over something so small. That is why I stay quite... I already have enough crap to deal with as it is & I sure don't want to hear them gripe and complain.

As for my friends i'm sure they wouldn't mind... But my parents are a bit psycho when comes taking things out of proportions... I was going to buy my little bro the nyan cat bracelet because he saw it at the mall. Well she disagreed to me buying it for him because it had "rainbows" on it & she said it was for girls... I laughed alongside with the girl who worked at the store :) we both told her that nyan cat was for both boys and girls lol

P.S. Rainbows fricken rule!!! I mean dude... Sonic Rainbooms!!! Pshhh rainbows are for girls... don't even get me started.....

Edited by GoneAirbourne
  • Brohoof 1

my best friends know it, one of them is a brony now =D (soo much win!), the rest of them think it´s funny but they are cool with that. Some of my friends (not so close) don´t know only why i never told it. My whole family knows and as i explained what its about they totally accepted it and respect me for it, and for this tolerance i love them even more =)

• Brohoof 1

My mother and father (cause saying mother and father is cool) don't give two damns. Just how it's supposed to be.

My friends know it (I fashion my Twi out in the open) and they don't give two damns about me, again like they should.

Really, we pretty much no one cares.

Which is good.

• Brohoof 1

Some of my closest friends know. They were a little bit shocked to find out at first but now, I think they've accepted it and it's just another thing I like.

Never telling my parents though. They're fairly "anti-gay" people. They've said stuff like "don't ever grow up to be like that" whenever an even slightly feminine male appeared in the streets or on the television. I just laugh at it today, but yeah, never telling them!

Not that I'm associating being gay with watching a TV show like this...I just don't expect a pleasant reaction from them if they found out because of past experiences :)

Edited by Gums of Gabby
  • Brohoof 1

Wow guys! You are all amazing, sharing your lives here. This certifies that the brony community caring and open. :D

I think it is really sad to see that some of you are still "in the closet" because of your parents conservative and narrow minded thinking. I know for a fact that all of you will grow up to be better parents then your own and much more liberal. I'm not saying you have bad parents, I just mean that being open-minded is a really good thing. Brohoofs to all of you! /)

I died of laughter reading it+ looking at your avatar xD
  • Brohoof 1

i dont think my mom cares one way or another what i watch, when she found out she just laughed jokingly and then never mentioned it again.

my Mum was the same way, Dad gives me a bit of teasing every now and then but its all in good fun and he is just jokeing around.

some of my friends are dicks about it and say im gay or that mlp is gay or for little girls but i dont care so they can say what they like. just makes them look like jerks.

ive gotten about 5 of my firends into MLP and a few of them discovered it on their own.

I haven't been a pegasister for long, so my friends and family don't know about it yet. But I used to collect model horses (I mean proper horses, not MLP ones) and they thought it was a bit strange that I would spend good money on a plastic horse, but I don't think they cared much. I think eventually they will notice all the MLP paraphernalia around and ask me why I'm watching a little kids show and I'll be honest with them and say "It's cute and funny. I know it's for little kids but who cares, I like it!" They will probably think I'm weird for a while and then just get over it. I'm glad I'm a girl though... I think trying to justify being a brony would be 100x harder. Kudos to all you openly proud bronies out there. Respect.

• Brohoof 1

My parents will Never know.. My dad would probably pitch a fit * -_-

Nor do my friends even know.. and they will never know that i'm a brony cause then they would start looking at me like I'm nuts.

Then i would be questioned by my Dad... alot.. lol.

But yea.. that's pretty much it.. not much detail 2 it. ^^

Edited by Fluttershy/Lullaby

well my mom does'nt rely care thay much, she was perfectly fine with me being bi-sexual so myah being a brony isnt that major athing

my friends dont care, some are haters some are bronies but MLP is rarely brought up because it isnt that important.

my best friends how ever is another story

two of them are haters but the respect the show but dont like the way bronie behave (like fanboys but worse at times), they know im a brony and have a fun game of putting dark and horrable images into my head like Zacora eating applbloom.

while another friend is slowly becoming a brony of his own choice (he already admits applejack is best pony) but i am not going to push him to becoming one. which i think is aproblem (too many bronie's push for the friend to be a brony that all the joy of discovery is gone)

My mom doesn't really care. And my dad he still doesn't really get it or understand it . But, after the countless talks I have had with him about why I like the show. He Wiki'd it, and now he's a little more accepting about it seeing as there are people around my age and older who watch. He doesn't like that I watch it but is a little more accepting. He even agreed to watch one episode at some point. Most of my friends really don't know. My Boss Doug found out though. And he basically said "To each their own" He doesn't think any different about me or anything.

Edited by RainbowDashFan
  • Brohoof 1

You guys make it sound like being a brony is some sort of freak cult that people will care tremendously about. That said, my parents don't give a crap about MLP or the ninety-seven other TV-shows I watch. My brother seems to think it's a bit weird, but he's 13, so yeah.

I think if anyone actually has so medieval parents that they care about what you watch, you should just not bring it up again. It's not something they need to know, in most cases at least. Trying to teach them why you like the show etc makes you look so serious about it they're more likely to be weirded out by that than your like for the show, I promise you.

Edited by Shaoni

My family teases me a bit for it, but hey, what's a little teasing now and then?

They still love me, but my negative/paranoid side keeps poking the "I think they think I'm a bit weird" button...

Oh well.

• Brohoof 1

My family teases me a bit for it, but hey, what's a little teasing now and then? They still love me, but my negative/paranoid side keeps poking the "I think they think I'm a bit weird" button... Oh well.

I feel the same way I'm annoying myself somtimes xD

• Brohoof 1

I tease and harass my family for not liking My Little Pony. lol jk

They don't care at all. Nobody cares if you don't make a big deal about it. Don't hide it, but don't go broadcast it either. It's My Little Pony not some flesh eating STD.

• Brohoof 1

They doesn't really care that I am a brony. My dad makes some boring jokes sometimes but he isn't serious and I'm not offended by them since it's usually something like "you and your little horses". Mom thinks it's quite cool and I've showed her two episodes and alot of fanmade stuff and art I've made.

Nope. No one cares about my bronism at all.

And the people who actually cares are douches who tease me all the time at the fact. But I usually react kindly to them and say it's okay to hate. There was only 1 dude who I acted agressively to because he was a massive douche. Other than that, everyone's cool with it.

Nope. No one cares about my bronism at all.

And the people who actually cares are douches who tease me all the time at the fact. But I usually react kindly to them and say it's okay to hate. There was only 1 dude who I acted agressively to because he was a massive douche. Other than that, everyone's cool with it.

Did you brohoof his face? With a chair? Wrapped in barbwire? On fire? :P

Jk with you bro