Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you ashamed of doing brony things in public?

Brook

Do you ever listen to brony music or wear an MLP shirt in public? Or do you talk about relevent things in relation to your brony life? Do you ever do those types of things? (make your own examples).

I'm not talking about stuff like shouting "ZOMG MLP IS THE BEST THING EVVVERRR" in public, I mean things you do that don't regard other people. (such as mentioned above)

I have the Smile song remix of Tombstone as my ringtone, and that's about it.

Edited by RiverBankNut
  • Brohoof 3

well, I´m walking around with a brony shirt sometimes, my bros accept it, some think it´s cool, like my best bro (a half-brony i´d say). I get some weird looks but most people seem not to give a buck about it, and I´m okay with this, a challenge will be to wear it at an bigger event...

like f.e. I´m thinking about wearing this shirt http://www.redbubble.../9332863-archie for my next marathon, and srsly, I´m quite nervous about that

Edited by Your Friend

I think I was wearing my Crush Kill Destroy Swag shirt in... A&W I think (or maybe this was before I got it) but I was playing Discord and Good Ol' Days on my (mom's ._.) cellphone lol

I don't think I'd do anything that seemed too MLPish unless it was obscure enough that only bronies would recognize it has to do with MLP.

I watch MLP during lunch and recces time in my school. my Facebook profile pic has ponies photoshoped into it, my ringtone on my phone is the MLP theme played on the piano, and my computer background is a pony and I use that computer for projects and such. Also I wear pony shirts when ever I can.

EDIT: So no, I'm not ashamed of being a brony. Heck my IGN in one of the games I play is, 'Lord Twilight', Lord being the required clan tag. Nothing to be ashamed about, it's just an awesome TV show.

EDIT 2: Oh I misread the title, could you please define 'Brony things'.

Edited by Mal (Starbolt)

Oh I misread the title, could you please define 'Brony things'.

Things that may implement you as a brony, or MLP related things. Or anything that you see as something a brony might do. (lol idk)

like f.e. I´m thinking about wearing this shirt http://www.redbubble.../9332863-archie for my next marathon, and srsly, I´m quite nervous about that

dude, with how minimalistic that shirt is, wearing it would be AWESOME. It would make that marathon about 20% cooler. But you should do whatever you feel like :)
  • Brohoof 1

Things that may implement you as a brony, or MLP related things. Or anything that you see as something a brony might do. (lol idk)

Well I guess all that I stated.

Again I see no reason to keep secret about this. If you want to watch episodes in public, just do it. If somepony asks why the hell are you watching these things. Simply tell them the show is nice and why you like it. If the tease you, let them it's just words.

• Brohoof 1

I do whatever I want in public. I'm wearing a Rainbow Stache shirt right now, in school. I don't really listen to brony music, but when I'm bored, I sometimes watch a few episodes during class.

I wear Brony shirts constantly, I have some patches on my leather jacket and I listen to the songs when I drive around. I'm not ashamed of anything, this show kept me from being a Angry/depressing person. So I might as well express my love for it. Hey I mean I'm getting a tattoo in November. I don't care!

• Brohoof 2

Nah. I'm not a closet brony (anymore). The show got me out of mild depression. I'm not afraid to show my bronyism.

So...no, I'm not ashamed of doing brony things at all.

I'm planning to buy a Rainbow Dash plush on my school's field trip to Belgrade, and I don't care if anyone calls me a homo.

• Brohoof 1

HELL NO! I mean... Well no. I don't saunter around the city flashing it in people's face that I'm a brony. People like that are just plain rude though at school I listen to brony music all the time and I wear my brony shirts to school and all around the city.

Here in my town I wear shirts out in public. I'm not afraid to loose friends exactly since I have none here. I don't really know if I have to courage to wear a mlp shirt when I meet my real friends though... But I wouldn't lie about not watching it if it came up on subject though.

Not really- If people ask me what's up with the ponies, I just tell em straight to the point and simple. No harm no foul.

I pasted RDs cutie mark on my electric guitar, and I have Nyan-Dash as my phones wallpaper - so I guess it's a more passive approach.

Edited by Booya22

I'm not ashamed of what I like. I wear pony shirts and sometimes make references to the show when the opportunity presents itself. Lately I've been attending meetups which have been public events for the most part. You have to have some nerve to hang out with a handful or more other guys dressed in pony attire singing Tombstone songs.

In my experience few people react negatively. Most people will look on curiously with kind of a "wtf" look, but don't seem like they're put out by it. Quite a few people, mostly older folks that are probably in their 50s or 60s, seem delighted by it. I'm glad you brought this up because it got me thinking more about those older folks than I ever have before. Next time I see an old couple watching us with apparent joy, I'm going to ask them what they think and explain to them what we are. My guess is they're revolted by much of the behavior and clothes they see when they look at young people these days, and seeing some youngsters wearing bright, happy clothing and singing upbeat songs for the fun of it is a refreshing change.

• Brohoof 3

I would proudly wear pony merch if I could find any, But like says, I'm a closet brony as well and haven't the guts to tell my friends yet :D

I can point you to some pony merch. WeloveFine.com has a crap load of pony t-shirts. And some of them (if not most) are pretty good. here's a few that I like:

http://www.welovefine.com/3380-discord-is-best.html

http://www.welovefine.com/3340-hello-my-name-is.html

http://www.welovefine.com/2340-u-ok.html

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I wear a black wrist band thing with the word "BRONY" emblazoned on it everyday, I wear T-shirts around in public, I blast pony music and if anyone asks me if I like My Little Pony I just look at them and say "Yes I do!" in a very casual tone like it's perfectly normal. So am I ashamed? Not really no. I'm proud of what I've become and I like to express it in how I dress and act. ^_^

Why be ashamed? If you love the show I don't think you should be ashamed to show it by wearing brony things in public. I think it's great, I do it all the time. ^.^