Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

12 minutes ago, Recherche said:

@Celli If I were to guess, it probably has to do with the cruddy business practices, right? :adorkable: Or is it that you just didn't like the futuristic settings?

The crappy business practices and The futuristic setting, also I just think they lost most of their creativeness after that.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Celli said:

The crappy business practices and The futuristic setting, also I just think they lost most of their creativeness after that.

True, true. Things are this are bound to happen with any long-running franchise, honestly; even though you may disagree, I personally feel that the Pokemon franchise is running out of creative energy, for example. :pout: 

2 minutes ago, Recherche said:

True, true. Things are this are bound to happen with any long-running franchise, honestly; even though you may disagree, I personally feel that the Pokemon franchise is running out of creative energy, for example. :pout: 

Well I'm not really that big on Pokemon so :P

• Brohoof 1

I've been playing a good amount of Super Mario Advanced (Super Mario Bros. 2) and Pokémon Emerald on an emulator.

The nostalgia is really there, and the games frankly more than live up to what I remember of them.

Tried Zero Mission (Controls are wonky, made it hard to play), and Nightmare in Dreamland (the Dedede fight is aggravating, and poorly handled. Can't beat it because Dedede's hitbox is insanely big, so I can't really kite the fatso because I'll still get hit). Also had Superstar Saga and Super Mario Advanced 4 (Yoshi's Island) on there, but neither worked, unfortunately.

Metal Slug 3 on my Switch. Right now I'm playing single-player, but the best part of having it on there is that it's ridiculously easy to just pop off the Joy-Cons and start playing co-op Metal Slug with one of my friends. It's really fun!

On 4/24/2018 at 8:57 PM, A Wild Barik Main said:

Tried Zero Mission (Controls are wonky, made it hard to play)

That's odd. From what I remember, Zero Mission has the tightest controls of any 2D Metroid. Maybe I'm just used to them?

3 hours ago, thepissman said:

At the moment I’m playing terraria, it’s so addictive when you get into it!

You're right about it being addictive. I don't play Terraria anymore, but when I did... well...

5ae51d2b8c9a8_2018-04-2821_14_28-Steam.png.f515a0e7015aae0bb63939ca055f4729.png

I'm playing Sid Meier's Civilization V. I'm currently dominating the world as the Polish King Casimir III, Greece is my only major Civ left to conquer, though Persia does still exist, I've chased them out their own lands and cities and forced them to move onto a single isolated island in the middle of the ocean, so they don't pose too much of a threat anymore ^_^  

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, Sir Floof said:

That's odd. From what I remember, Zero Mission has the tightest controls of any 2D Metroid. Maybe I'm just used to them.

I was playing it on an emulator, using a keyboard. That was probably the problem. If I had a controller instead, it probably would have worked well.

On 22.4.2018 at 2:44 AM, Recherche said:

I'm actually getting into playing COD: WaW lately! :o If you guys get the opportunity, you should check it out!

Try it on Veteran and tell me then if you still enjoy it. The Platinum trophy was hard as steel XD

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing some Stardew Valley again. About halfway through my first in-game year and I'm still enjoying it a lot.

I've been playing Metroid Prime. I first played it years ago, and I thought it was cool at first, but it didn't really grab me the same way the 2D Metroids did. I've decided to give it another chance, since Metroid Prime 4 has been confirmed for a while now.

• Brohoof 1

Dark Souls Remastered on PC.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:29 PM, Sir Floof said:

I've been playing Metroid Prime. I first played it years ago, and I thought it was cool at first, but it didn't really grab me the same way the 2D Metroids did. I've decided to give it another chance, since Metroid Prime 4 has been confirmed for a while now.

:fluttershy: