Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I'm fine wherever I watch it. Same goes for the fact that I decorate some of my online profiles with a mix of Ponies. Ex: Rarity as my Timeline cover on Facebook.

And whenever someone asks me about this I try my best to explain how the show means more than what they initially perceive it as.

Edited by RarityFan

I would say that on the internet, im as open as i can be about it, if people ask me somthing like, "What do you like?" Id add being a Brony and liking MLP to the list, but.. in real life, my mouth is shut! No one knows im a Brony, and i dare not say it either, due to the environment in which i live, being a brony is way more then Taboo, i cant even being to imagen what would happened to me if people found out.. i guess in time some people will catch on.. but.. i just keep on the low while i can, but its so nice to have the internet where im free ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

I try to make it as visible as I possibly can while maintaining a good perception on it. As people who would ask why I'm into Ponies, I explain it all as clearly as I can without being too giddy. They accept it and it's business as usual again.

Converting them to the herd though is another thing..

(edited)

No one knows that I'm a brony except for my mom and brother, so yeah, I ain't all that open about it. I do like to hum the songs from FiM a lot in school, yet no one has caught on, so I guess I am able to slip some pony references while no one is suspicious :ph34r:

Edited by akimBrony

I'm an open-pegasister. :'3

I just bought a few pony shirts from RedBubble a few days ago, and I usually have a McDonalds' pony clipped to my purse. I have pony stickers on my phone, my phone's background is Fluttershy, and my ringtone is MLP Winter Wrap-up 8 Bit for calls, and Discord (Eurobeat Brony/LivingTombstone) for texts. At department stores, I head right to the toys and hover around the ponies, just gazing and wishing out loud that I had the money to buy them.

I don't mind if people know. In fact, right now, I have my McDonalds Applejack on top of my computer in tech class. Some brony haters in the class (because it's full of people who actually KNOW the internet!) commented on it, and raged sorta ("DINKLEBUUURG!" as "BRRONIIIES!").. then commented on how my boyfriend had RD on his belt loop the other day. ROFL.

I really don't mind. Haters gonna hate. I'm used to being hated, but at least I'm myself x')

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm proud to call myself a brony, and I challenge those before me who question the awesomeness that is the power of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic!!!

Okay, so maybe not to that extent, but whenever I go bowling for cosmics here, I'm often put princess luna or one of the mane 6 in for my name for the evening. IT displays it for the entire bowling ally to see. And I have the McD's Key Chains on my keys.

Edited by Elazar
  • Brohoof 1

I don't gab on an on about being a brony to my friends, but I don't make any attempt to hide it either. I understand that other people have their own opinions about things. But if they don't like it, well, the can just #dealwithit.

My family on the other hand, I'm allergic to awkward situations, so I don't think it'll be worth it if they find out that I'm obsessed with what they think is a little girl's cartoon show. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

agrees with this

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very open about my bronydom. The people who will actually judge me for it are the ones who I really don't care what they think. After highschool I probably will never see them again and I'm a senior this year so it doesn't really matter. My real friends don't really care very much, except for the nicest one who is an anti-brony :wacko: , my parents have no problem with it, and my sisters don't care what I do.

At first I was Strict and I would not tell ANYONE but the longer I was a brony I got less strict and opened more to ponies. Now I am lot less strict but strict. I would wear a brony shirt in public and be proud but I won't tell my friends I am a brony.

• 3 weeks later...

Moms knows, sister knows, step dad kind of knows from overhearing. My dad knows about the show, as I suggested it to him for his daughter and my 4 year old half-sister, but he has no clue I have any interest in them. And my good friend and his brother. And that's about it. Outside that I don't really bring it up.