Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Songs that make you cringe

None42069

Loud music in general makes me cringe in pain, but thats because of my ears, not so much the music.

I do remember one song that never failed to put me in a bad mood; 009 Sound System Dreamscape. I will not post the video because quite frankly, I don't want to risk hearing it again.

• Brohoof 2

It's hard not to cringe while you're flinging your head about like a fucking maniac.

This is one of the only songs I just fling limbs to.

It's bad but... oh so good...

Any, and I mean any modern-day pop, dubstep or rap songs you hear at wild raves and parties. Anything all the way from Gangam style to anything by Rihanna or Kanye West, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Skrillex you name it, terrible, terrible music. Not just in lyrics but the sound and even the type of people that hang around them.

• Brohoof 1

Gangnam style- sure it was cool the first time, but then it just got friggen annoying.

Anything by Taylor Swift- She is not country as people think, she is a pop artist posing as a country singer.

Red Solo Cup- annoying the first time, never fun

Soulja Boy- no, just no.

Every son written by Asking Alexandria, Blood On the Dance Floor, and Brokencyde. 

I can't take those bands, they're too scene-oriented for me. Give me my Slayer instead.  

Any song by Nikki Minaj makes me want to tear my ears out, I cannot believe that some people can enjoy listening to it its so screechy and her lyrics have little to no meaning.

Does anybody remember the song "Sex on the Beach" by T-Spoon? That song used to make me cringe so much, especially when it was played on the radio when I was in the car with my parents.

Me while reading this:

Let me just make this clear, I love this song. It's one of the only rap songs I like and one of my favourites of all time.

Hey, I don't like much rap either, and I only have a few songs I actually like. My faovrite is probably Dance with the Devil.

It's the lyrics of the song that make me cringe. They're just so... Dark. An amazing emotional rap nonetheless.

Sounds like he's describing Dance with the Devil.

Called it :)

Anyway, because everybody is posting a bunch of pop and other stuff that, really, is to be expected, let's do some less-hated stuff that I can't stand.

Oh God make it stop...

Doesn't even deserve good audio quality. Because you suck, Mellencamp. You suck. You do not, nor did you ever, deserve fame:

Seriously, please just shoot me in the head now. Preferably with a bullet made of really, really fast and heavy metalcore. I find it's pretty effective for clearing ones head of annoying-as-shit songs.

• Brohoof 1

A song that makes me cringe? A song that makes me want to rip out my hair, destroy everything, and end the world as we know it? How about this one:

For some reason Rebecca Black's face in that thumbnail kind of pisses me off. I can't put my finger on it why that face is very annoying.

Believe it or not, but I just can't stand Call me Maybe.  I hate the lyrics, I hate how much it's played, and I don't care if it's catchy.  Every time I hear it, I want to ram my head through a car window.

I'msure people have said these before, but oh well.

Call Me Maybe

We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together

Any song by or featuring Flo Rida

Any song by or featuring Pitbull

Don't Wake Me Up (I have never heard so much auto tune in one song.)

There can't be a single old-school Pokemon trainer who quietly yelled "Son of a bitch!" when they heard this.  :angry:

Especially when i'm trying to get to another town or when i'm stuck in a cave and my Pokemon's health were low.  :(

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER:

While I haven't gotten that far, I can already guess from the comments that this is the fight that causes the most damage to the feel center, especially after you read the lore and when you're playing the prepare to die edition.

Edited by Xidphel

Any, and I mean any modern-day pop, dubstep or rap songs you hear at wild raves and parties. Anything all the way from Gangam style to anything by Rihanna or Kanye West, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Kesha, Skrillex you name it, terrible, terrible music. Not just in lyrics but the sound and even the type of people that hang around them.

... anything by Kesha...

... anything by Kesha...

... anything by Kesha...

... anything by Kesha...

... anything by Kesha...

Kind sir, challenge accepted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-7eca79gY

Question right now is, what kind of award do I win if you happen to like this?

slightly on topic, although I dislike certain styles, I won't really dislike everything they have made or ever made, especially if I'm not aware of it. I do however dislike a very large proportion of mainstream music which happens to include the entire discography of some artists.

• Brohoof 1

Songs I dislike: Pretty much all of the original versions of virtually any popular song I hear on the radio or YouTube.

Songs I like: The remixes of all those terrible songs I hear on the radio and YouTube.

---
Examples:

Song I hate: Rebecca Black - Friday
Song I actually enjoy: Beyond December - Friday (Rebecca Black Cover)

I enjoy Beyond December's cover to a surprising degree - it's not a silly cover, it's actually a very well composed song. It goes to show what potential the song had if Rebecca had actually tried to make it sound good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gk9U4JEXVE

Song I hate: Pretty much 70% of the 50+ songs used to make this.

Song I actually enjoy: Daniel Kim - Pop Danthology 2012
8 minutes of sheer awesomeness. I'm surprised that he managed to sync all of the different keys/tones/beats into something so smooth. While there are still parts I dislike (e.g., Justin Beiber and Katy Perry sections), the overall feel of the song is very enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If5MF4wm1T8

Edited by CloudFyre

I love Bohemian Rhapsody, but this guy singing it, yes, makes me cringe. And laugh...it's a strange sensation to be laughing and cringing at the same time lol

Then there's Justin Bieber's "Baby" and Rebecca Black's "Friday." I won't even take the time to embed those...

And anything by Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Nikki Manaj, and just about anything pop and mainstream. I don't mean to sound like a hipster here, but mainstream stuff just gets overplayed and the radio station ends up being like that guy that tells a joke 400 times but you don't think it's funny. At that point, I'm just ready to punch any radio station in the face...

And country makes me cringe but that's probably because I live in Oklahoma. I grew up on rock. Where I come from, there was 1 rock station, 1 classical station, 2 pop stations, 2 Christian stations, and about 10 country stations on FM and any AM station was playing country too. When a country station bought out our only rock station, I was furious. I haven't listened to the radio since that happened. I even went as far as to buy a new car stereo and install it because my iPod didn't connect to the 13 year old CD player in there and I got tired of driving without music. Anyway, I'm getting off topic here.

So to recap, I don't like pop and country. I love old school rock and classical music. As a matter of fact, Fantasia happens to be one of my favorite movies, like, ever. 

In closing, a little Bob Seger for the win :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsSVcRYh8dE

Edited by ThatOneBrony