Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(edited)

well i kinda feel the need o defend my OC from some of the thing, especially the the " he's to generic and bland" because that was he point i'm not one of those ego maniacs that tries to his OC seem like some kind of awesome one and since EVERYONE try's to make there pony appear as some kind or radically different and some what superior character i prefer to have a character thats more of an echo so that can improve along RP's and stories and rise as a overall character while you do not, as you pointed out you're OC is a unicorn that can fly with magic, and that seems to be her main thing with make it all kinda of disrespectful to Pegasi because flying is there specialty and a unicorns handicap and the fact that 'flying spells are extremely difficult' make you OC more powerful then Twilight.

but i'm looking in my bag for f **ks to give but i don't want to use any, so thanks for the OC review.

actually i will use 1

"I'm just trying to give some basic tips and ideas to help make your character more appealing to the general public" <- after tearing my OC apart giving no methods for improvement. All i want to do is lift my middle finger in the air and in your direction, and question your actual motives for doing this because if this is you going soft, I'm just gonna have to pull out my D-bag stamp (which has rely been gathering dust since i used it on myself) and ask you were you would like me to put it, because all your rely doing is making yourself seem superior by making others inferior.

that kind of behavior rely tick's me off right next to when people make art request thread and that flat out say there gonna decline requests.

My god! (even though I'm atheist). Why so much hate? My character is fairly powerfull, yes, but I give penalties to each of her abilities. While she can fly, this is because I designed her species with this capability and it DOES effect her rather greatly. Throughout my writing, she very rarely flies (domething you don't seem to understand, which I understand considering I'm not in any roleplays as of late). You also have to rememebr THAT I"M FUCKING 13 YOU BASTARD (I have to apologise for that, bit of a bipolar issue and I'm trying to hold myself together at the moment. Any ANY artist has the RIGHT to decline characters, if you go on DEVIANTART many people who do COMMISSIONS DECLINE CHARACTERS ON OCCASION. I've had my own character declined because of the complexity of the markings on her flank. The difference? MY work has been FREE. No, my character isn't superior, no character is in all modesty, and I TRIED to make that clear (even though it appears I failed). The only actual issue I had with your pony was the design, simply because it's a bit pony creator-ish specifically for my taste. To be honest, the only thing I really wanted you to change was the generic appearance. It's an OC afterall. Your pony doesn't have to be 100% cannon-acurate. MY PONY IS NOT A UNICORN. Her magic can be spent, which means that she isn't truly that powerfull. Once she is out of energy, she cannot use any of her magic. Therefore, no flying, no shooting, basically NO ANYTHING. This was the biggest penalty I put upon her simply because of the complexity of her character. I also gave her some very fucked up emotional problems because of this.

It's not my job to give you improvement methods, idiot (flaring up again, i am truly very sorry). And by saying I was going soft, I meant that it was more of a critism than an analysis. If you didn't want to hear bad things, you shouldn't have signed up for this to begin with!!!

My character isn't truly that powerfull, if you were only to look at it clearly.

PS: I may have to come back later and fix this up a bit because the writing might be a little akward and off because of the sudden emotional rise. I truly don't blame you, it's not really your fault I have this problem.

I'd say your definition of Mary Sue is a bit off, because PonyEcho's OC seems far from a mary sue to me. He's been through his fair deal of problems in life and I'd say his trapeze artist act is enough of a thing to make him stand out, in combination with the accident. Maybe he is a bit of a generic pony, but there's no problem with that. Oh my, just imagine if everypony had something that was incredibly special about them. You have to remember that not everyone can be a special snowflake and I think PonyEcho does a good job at making her character stand out in little things.

No no, I wasn't actually calling him a mary sue. There was a specific portion of his personality that struck me as similar, but only very faintly. I apologise if you had gotten the wrong idea. And, I actually praised him/her on the fact that he/she didn't make the character over-bearing or all-mighty in the end. I was actually more asking him/her to elaborate more on the backstory. Things are always better when they are explained.

Edited by Alora

My god! (even though I'm atheist). Why so much hate? My character is fairly powerfull, yes, but I give penalties to each of her abilities. While she can fly, this is because I designed her species with this capability and it DOES effect her rather greatly. Throughout my writing, she very rarely flies (domething you don't seem to understand, which I understand considering I'm not in any roleplays as of late). You also have to rememebr THAT I"M FUCKING 13 YOU BASTARD (I have to apologise for that, bit of a bipolar issue and I'm trying to hold myself together at the moment. Any ANY artist has the RIGHT to decline characters, if you go on DEVIANTART many people who do COMMISSIONS DECLINE CHARACTERS ON OCCASION. I've had my own character declined because of the complexity of the markings on her flank. The difference? MY work has been FREE. No, my character isn't superior, no character is in all modesty, and I TRIED to make that clear (even though it appears I failed). The only actual issue I had with your pony was the design, simply because it's a bit pony creator-ish specifically for my taste. To be honest, the only thing I really wanted you to change was the generic appearance. It's an OC afterall. Your pony doesn't have to be 100% cannon-acurate. MY PONY IS NOT A UNICORN. Her magic can be spent, which means that she isn't truly that powerfull. Once she is out of energy, she cannot use any of her magic. Therefore, no flying, no shooting, basically NO ANYTHING. This was the biggest penalty I put upon her simply because of the complexity of her character. I also gave her some very fucked up emotional problems because of this.

It's not my job to give you improvement methods, idiot (flaring up again, i am truly very sorry). And by saying I was going soft, I meant that it was more of a critism than an analysis. If you didn't want to hear bad things, you shouldn't have signed up for this to begin with!!!

My character isn't truly that powerfull, if you were only to look at it clearly.

PS: I may have to come back later and fix this up a bit because the writing might be a little akward and off because of the sudden emotional rise. I truly don't blame you, it's not really your fault I have this problem.

that last bit wasn't directly at you even tho it can be, just just hate when anyone does that, iv'e seen someone decline requests to someone jut because they were new.

as for the rest of you post, i can only understand what you actually post if you posted that she doesn't fly much i would, put away that attitude be if you don't mention something, don't shift the blame onto some one else. and you being 13 has nothing to do with this.

now again my main problem with you judgment of my OC was this "I'm just trying to give some basic tips and ideas to help make your character more appealing to the general public" <- (note you're quote)

you see this would have been all fair and good to say , if you actually gave tips, all you rely did was rip into my OC to the point that not even the good things you mention don't sound good and get overshadowed by the bad, hell you go as far as to bring up my drawing quality and then move away from it in a ' i just wanted to point out you're drawing suck :) ' fashion.

and you bring up the fact that my OC has a bad wing as a 'oh no not another tragedy' but then again i had not brought u that his wing injury is a reflection to my shoulder injury which destroyed my chances a becoming a professional boxer, so yeah my bad for not bringing that up.

honestly this whole thing just seem like a medium for you to big up you ego

Edited by PonyEcho

(edited)

that last bit wasn't directly at you even tho it can be, just just hate when anyone does that, iv'e seen someone decline requests to someone jut because they were new.

as for the rest of you post, i can only understand what you actually post if you posted that she doesn't fly much i would, put away that attitude be if you don't mention something, don't shift the blame onto some one else. and you being 13 has nothing to do with this.

now again my main problem with you judgment of my OC was this "I'm just trying to give some basic tips and ideas to help make your character more appealing to the general public" <- (note you're quote)

you see this would have been all fair and good to say , if you actually gave tips, all you rely did was rip into my OC to the point that not even the good things you mention don't sound good and get overshadowed by the bad, hell you go as far as to bring up my drawing quality and then move away from it in a ' i just wanted to point out you're drawing suck :) ' fashion.

and you bring up the fact that my OC has a bad wing as a 'oh no not another tragedy' but then again i had not brought u that his wing injury is a reflection to my shoulder injury which destroyed my chances a becoming a professional boxer, so yeah my bad for not bringing that up.

honestly this whole thing just seem like a medium for you to big up you ego

You don't seem to understand....I don't have an ego. I litterally hate myself to such an overwhelming extend. I...I'm going to try and stay on topic here. I don't know if I mentione dit in my hurry, but I actually like the screw up wing, the issue I had was actually the whole "acrobatics with wings tied down" part. It jsut doesn't seem that realistic. I'm glad your not yelling at me this time, it really fucked up my mood for a while there. The reason I mentioned my age is....well....I guess your living on my principals there more than I am. I guess I should thank you for not treating me like a piece of shit. Oh wait, you kinda did that! Sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry. I don't think I should reply for a while, I'm really confused.

PS: I hadn't meant to insult your art skills, it's actually very good. I jsut had the urge to give you a few suggestions, but I thought it would be out-of-place here.

PSS: I'm so sorry aobut my grammar right now. I'm such a fuck-up, I can't even spell two words right. I'm so sorry.

Edited by Alora

You don't seem to understand....I don't have an ego. I literally hate myself to such an overwhelming extend. I...I'm going to try and stay on topic here. I don't know if I mention it in my hurry, but I actually like the screw up wing, the issue I had was actually the whole "acrobatics with wings tied down" part. It just doesn't seem that realistic. I'm glad your not yelling at me this time, it really fucked up my mood for a while there. The reason I mentioned my age is....well....I guess your living on my principals there more than I am. I guess I should thank you for not treating me like a piece of shit. Oh wait, you kinda did that! Sorry, sorry, I'm so sorry. I don't think I should reply for a while, I'm really confused.

PS: I hadn't meant to insult your art skills, it's actually very good. I jsut had the urge to give you a few suggestions, but I thought it would be out-of-place here.

see.... now you understand, payback for treating Whirlwind like a piece of shit, I call things how I see it i don't hide that fact.

also lets remove realism out of stuff with ponies plz, it doesn't rely apply to this situation, and yes the acrobatic pony does seem cheesy and the reason he has his wing tie back is because a Pegasus on a trapeze would not seem as interesting if he could use his wings

edit - also may be we should hole this off, I have work to do.

Edited by PonyEcho

I didn't your fucking pony like shit! You came here FOR CRITASISM!!!!!!!!!!! You got exactly what you asked for, and your still not happy. What, did you think I was gonna just praise you? No, that's not the point of this thread to begin with. Even if I am upset, I'm not going to let you just walk over me! And it's not my fault you didn't mention a trapeze, you said he was FLYING. A degree of realism MUST be taken into account. STOP TREATING ME LIKE SHIT!!!!

i'm sorry i've looked back abit and i kind did over react, however you need to work on you delivery abit and and a ponies apperiance is likely to the creators taste so it pointless to bring up the ponies color choice.

however if i ever see you bring up that your bipoler as an exscuse to type what ever you want and use it as a shield, we will have a problem and I will not be as nice. because asshole behavour like that forgets one thing, it can be removed (i.e. backspace and delete funtions) , you leaving it in makes me just want to call you out on it.

I have three OCs I always RP with:

Lovely and Eris are always together because they have incestual tension

and Cherished is such a laugh to RP as (you'll understand when you read her bio) bon chance m'dear and I can take the hate, no worries ;)

~

click on the blue names for bios and pictures :) ~

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 1

i'm sorry i've looked back abit and i kind did over react, however you need to work on you delivery abit and and a ponies apperiance is likely to the creators taste so it pointless to bring up the ponies color choice.

however if i ever see you bring up that your bipoler as an exscuse to type what ever you want and use it as a shield, we will have a problem and I will not be as nice. because asshole behavour like that forgets one thing, it can be removed (i.e. backspace and delete funtions) , you leaving it in makes me just want to call you out on it.

I leave it in because I believe in uncensored opinions. If I were speaking to you in real life, I wouldn't stop myself, therefore I can have the honesty to speak freely here. Your opinion on this subject doesn't really matter to me, though I am thankfull for your apology.

I have three OCs I always RP with:

Lovely and Eris are always together because they have incestual tension

and Cherished is such a laugh to RP as (you'll understand when you read her bio) bon chance m'dear and I can take the hate, no worries ;)

~

click on the blue names for bios and pictures :) ~

Thank you, Shank XD I'll get to them as soon as possible, they seem rather amusing after all.

• Brohoof 1

Lot of rage over some pixels. Oh well.

This is my OC, Pabst Pony.

She doesn't have a backstory, she's a play off of my avatar. And she's a cutie. That's about it.

Posted Image

She was drawn by our very own @@ponywise.

• Brohoof 2

That's a pretty...intense argument there.

PE's OC is actually pretty good. Interesting, and yet not overly special with super powerful magic like most OCs.

I don't think vulgarity should be necessary here.

Anyway, my OC Clarity's character profile is here. Yes, she may be similar to Rarity or Twilight, but it's not like they're the only unicorns to have those personalities. There are billions of people who are OCD, obsessed with fashion, etc.

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd like to apologise for the intensity of my arguement urlier. I was on medication (antibiotics) that day, but this is most definately not an excuse, I assure you. I'm off medication now, so I should be fine from hence on. I hope you all understand that I truly am sorry.

That's a pretty...intense argument there.

PE's OC is actually pretty good. Interesting, and yet not overly special with super powerful magic like most OCs.

I don't think vulgarity should be necessary here.

Anyway, my OC Clarity's character profile is here. Yes, she may be similar to Rarity or Twilight, but it's not like they're the only unicorns to have those personalities. There are billions of people who are OCD, obsessed with fashion, etc.

Yeah....I know. I feel sort of bad about it because it wasn't necessary, but it wasn't really necessary for him either to be entirely honest. We BOTH overacted.

PS: I THINK we've made up. Not entirely sure O.e

Edited by Alora
  • Brohoof 2

I'd give that a solid no. Not yet anyway. You missed some things.

Anyway, I really like the colors on yours, @@Clarity. The personality seems good too.

• Brohoof 1

not rely no, if you had posted this instead of the other thing, i would not had flared up for the past 6 hours pretty much destroying my reputation and getting warnings one of them being for abusive behavior when i haven't been the slightest bit abusive here up until you use you're being bipolar as a shield to get away with you actions.

so yeah ,you win , i'll likely get banned from this forum soon.

O_O *read though every thing i've said*

i rely don't deserve to be on this site :(

I'm rely rely sorry Alora, i know i have a tendancy to have large flares of anger but thats no exscuse i was mean and disrespect full to you're option and i'm sorry.

now if you don'y mind i have a lot of apologizing to do

Jeez louise, this topic haha. Maybe we should have a topic where we all give one another constructive criticism on our characters' designs/concepts? Or turn this topic into something like that? That way we can make use of multiple perspectives.

You sir should make that thread

O_O *read though every thing i've said*

i rely don't deserve to be on this site :(

I'm rely rely sorry Alora, i know i have a tendancy to have large flares of anger but thats no exscuse i was mean and disrespect full to you're option and i'm sorry.

now if you don'y mind i have a lot of apologizing to do

You sir should make that thread

It's perfectly allright, I tend to flare up too (if you hadn't noticed XD). I'm usted to just forgiving and forgetting, so it really doesn't matter much to me. If it helps at all, I got a warning for vulgarity XD

I'd be understating if I said that this thread is going off topic in a big way. Like everyone who posted here, I thought I'd have my OC looked at and judged. I get that real life comes first, but only one OC has been looked at, and the rest are in limbo.

What's happening here?

It's perfectly alright, I tend to flare up too (if you hadn't noticed XD). I'm usted to just forgiving and forgetting, so it really doesn't matter much to me. If it helps at all, I got a warning for vulgarity XD

XD yeah i noticed then again i thing i went a little too far (i got sent to the moon for two days ), then again i would rather and a episode of anger then depression its just how i roll.

anyway i'll probably be making some changes to Whirlwind (mainly a color and mane design change) also i may add two other character to the database for giggles..... I may add the Ponisher.

I'd be understating if I said that this thread is going off topic in a big way. Like everyone who posted here, I thought I'd have my OC looked at and judged. I get that real life comes first, but only one OC has been looked at, and the rest are in limbo.

What's happening here?

well Little one (i'm sorry if you are older then me in which case this all sound rely dumb) this is what happens when a idiot (me) doesn't take criticism well, and the critic (Alora) doesn't take backlash well, mix in the fact that Alora is Bipolar and I will never admit that I am depending on how I feel about it, and you have a nice little flame war that results in one person getting a warning and the other getting sent to the moon (kinda like with Celestia and Luna)

I am 29 years of age, 6foot even, hairy and Scottish.

Who are you calling little exactly?

Not the 6 foot tall non shirt wearing Scotsman who happens to own a number of axes, a very large chip on his shoulder and a psychotic hair trigger temper by any chance?

well its a good thing I no longer live in Scotland :D, honestly i mean no offence, i was just too lazy to look at your profile so i took a guess and got it wrong. Edited by - Elusive -
  • Brohoof 1

well Little one

I am 29 years of age, 6foot even, hairy and Scottish.

Who are you calling little exactly?

Not the 6 foot tall non shirt wearing Scotsman who happens to own a number of axes, a very large chip on his shoulder and a psychotic hair trigger temper by any chance?

Name: cloud whisper

Appearance: pink body, brown main (isnt too long, falling on the forhead, kinda straight), eyes color is blue to purple (down - blue, up - purple)

Refrence (image): http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/cloud-whisper-r1408

Personality: shy, quiet, but kinda talkative and hyper with people she trust, but she find it hard to trust, she is addicted to attantion, but never really shows it, she unorganized and like all sorts of art

Backstory: nothing spacial

Name: peal eyes

Appearance: black, deep black super straight mane, white shiny eyes. no cutie mark.

Refrence (image): http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/pearl-eyes-r1470

Personality:super quiet, depressed, really really nice, but dont tend to get close to other ponys, and other ponys dont tend to come close to her.

Backstory: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/pearl-eyes-r1470 (have no power to write it_

All right, all right, I get it. I'll get to everyone's OC soon enough, but this time I'm do a full analysis, as to prevent backlash. It'll take a bit longer, so BE PATIENT. It's not like your paying for it after all.

I'm sorry if what I said aggravated you. I swear that I wasn't trying to rush you and I acknowledge that you owe me nothing. I was simply asking if the project was still going, and I'm curious about a timeline.