Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the New Lunar Republic & Solar Empire?

Morager

i didnt start watching mlp till season 2 was over, im into it a lot now. but i every once and while i see something about the new lunar republic and the celestias empire(forgot actual name) i just wanted to know what it was about.

Well, among the fandom, we jokingly refer to Celestia's rule as a dictatorship. And since a lot of people like Luna, they decided it's time to bring Celestia down and begin a democracy. I think Luna got into the leading this revolution.

The Solar Empire is those loyal to Celestia and are against any the revolution.

At least, that's my take on it.

• Brohoof 6

I'm not fully sure myself as I think the whole thing is silly, but I think the gist of them are just to separate the Luna fans from the Celestia fans. It may very well be deeper than that, but that's all the insight I can give.

I thought I saw a thread around here for one or both of them. If there is and you can find it, then you could ask in there.

• Brohoof 2

i think they were mediums for Luna Fans to fight Celestia fans.

we get the odd good RP from them but meh its just fanboys being fanboys outside of that. kinda annoying too (especially from luna fans )

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 2

You have three teams so far, one for celestia as queen, one for luna, and one for the changelings queen, whose name I cant spell at the moment. I downloaded the flag pack on DA but I dont remember who made it. Pick a side, or fight for a united equestria. The nice star wars comparison would look something like celestia leads the empire, luna the post empire republic, and the changelings the trade federation.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

Well, i'm sure ye have the idea now. I would very much love to fight for Luna, for she seems like a very interesting one. However, Luna seems very out of touch with the new Equestria, being absent for 1000 years. Plus, in some freak accident, she could transform backto Nightmare Moon and reak havoc. Therefore, I feel it's best for Equestria if Celestia remains ruler...

It's a group of traitors who you should not support under any circumstances. They cannot be trusted. The Solar Empire will rule forever. *Salutes.*

You're the only traitor here, can't you even see through Celestia's lies the Lunar Republic will triumph and there will be pies and cakes for everypony.

• Brohoof 5

Yes well, pies and cakes are fine but under Chrysalis you'll always feel loved* and have a queen that has you in her best interests!

*unless you are a pony, then chances are you are just food and feel rather drained

From what I hear the NLR (New Lunar Republic) is planning on taking Whoover Dam from Celestia's empire soon. If they do take it they'll have a strong foothold in Equestria to put down some roots and expand into different territories.

The New Lunar Republic is basically Luna's rebellion against Celestia if she ever went all Hitler on Equestria. There's a lot of awesome fan art and fan fictions about the New Lunar Republic vs. the Solar Empire. I'm currently writing a NLR fan fiction.

I go for the New Lunar Republic. Rise, Lunar Princess, it's time to take what is yours. :3

I go for neither now xD. I've become a huge Celestia fan recently... I actually like her more than Luna now. Don't kill me D:

Edited by BronyDerp117
  • Brohoof 1

Basically from what I understand itsf people (or ponies) who follow Luna in a rebellion against Celestia and her cruel, su filled ways. So the true Princess of the Night may rule once more!

I prefer just live in Harmony and love both sun and moon ;)

Edited by MLPonies
  • Brohoof 1

Is that a Fallout reference? XD

yeah its a fallout reference. Fallout New Vegas reference to be specific but yeah I thought it would be funny to post about it here as soon as I saw the title for this thread.

The whole thing of Celestia and Luna being divided into different campaigns is really kinda silly I will admit

I do like both Luna AND Celestia andi can totally live with both of them being the rulers of equestria HOWEVER....

I just love Luna more

Yeah, I've also gotten over the Celestia hate,

She is my third favorite pony BTW

Silly fandom nonsense is what it comes down to. I myself say screw your princess ponies, I'm going by way of the Crazy Train with best villain in the Legion of Anarchy.

• Brohoof 2

Silly fandom nonsense is what it comes down to. I myself say screw your princess ponies, I'm going by way of the Crazy Train with best villain in the Legion of Anarchy.

So Discord

What would YOU do if Luna came up to you and said she wants to join your Legion of Anarchy? :wacko:

Also yes, I do agree that this whole thing is VERY silly :P

Lol i like everypony response. Thank you all for the info, and the laughs. I think i have to go with chaotic discord and be on team legion of anarchy. If that doesnt work then luna lol :)

• 1 month later...

They are two groups fromed by a false idea that the sisters would fight each other, that Celestia is evil or was in the wrong for what she did to Luna... despite the fact that it was not Luna banished but Nightmare Moon. Those that support the (N)LR saying that Celestia didn't do everything she could or banished Luna just so she could hold all the power and then lying to everyone to make her sister seem evil. At the very least it is those that somehow see the Equestrian Diarchy as flawed and needing to become a changed to something else. The whole 'republic' bit to somehow seeing how things currectly are as an 'empire.'

-------------------------

Myself if I or a pony of mine were to be forced into a place where there was the Solar Empire or Lunar Republic (I never add the 'New' to Lunar Republic) I would say "No, I pick a third option." I would then join or create a group called the Guardians of Harmony and search out who is really behind all this nonsense as I know the sisters Celestia and Luna would never turn away from each other unless some malevolent force was manipulating them into conflict.

I love Luna but I greatly respect Celestia and I know the ruler of the sun suffered greatly from the loss of her sister. Ruling for 1000 years with no one to understand you and be with you without seeing them grow old and die would be hard. To sadly yet hopefully look forward to her sisters return, that others could do what she could not... save her sister from the darkness that consumed her.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

They are two groups fromed by a false idea that the sisters would fight each other, that Celestia is evil or was in the wrong for what she did to Luna... despite the fact that it was not Luna banished but Nightmare Moon. Those that support the (N)LR saying that Celestia didn't do everything she could or banished Luna just so she could hold all the power and then lying to everyone to make her sister seem evil. At the very least it is those that somehow see the Equestrian Diarchy as flawed and needing to become a changed to something else. The whole 'republic' bit to somehow seeing how things currectly are as an 'empire.'

We only got one side of that story, and I didn't find it very convincing. Jealousy? How many times have we heard that reasoning? ;)  Everywhere from formal debates to Jerry Springer. "Y'ALL ARE JEALOUS!!" That's a smokescreen people use to save face and avoid the truth. For the other side we'd have to ask Luna, or maybe Nightmare Moon herself. Or were they one and the same back then? Could Celestia have purged her sister of evil instead of banishing her for 1000 years, which served no purpose except to get her out of the way and put off the conflict? Or did Luna literally become Nightmare Moon? How bad would Nightmare Moon have been, really?

Sigh. But of course you sun-lovers wouldn't ask yourselves these questions... ^_^

We only got one side of that story, and I didn't find it very convincing. Jealousy? How many times have we heard that reasoning? ;)  Everywhere from formal debates to Jerry Springer. "Y'ALL ARE JEALOUS!!" That's a smokescreen people use to save face and avoid the truth. For the other side we'd have to ask Luna, or maybe Nightmare Moon herself. Or were they one and the same back then? Could Celestia have purged her sister of evil instead of banishing her for 1000 years, which served no purpose except to get her out of the way and put off the conflict? Or did Luna literally become Nightmare Moon? How bad would Nightmare Moon have been, really?

Sigh. But of course you sun-lovers wouldn't ask yourselves these questions... ^_^

Just so I do not fill this thread up could you go here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/4573-shrine-of-the-sun-goddess/page-3

The reason being is I actually cover that point and explain while staying true to the show my thoughts on the banishment.

Just so I do not fill this thread up could you go here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/4573-shrine-of-the-sun-goddess/page-3

The reason being is I actually cover that point and explain while staying true to the show my thoughts on the banishment.

That wall of text basically restates Celestia's story while throwing in the sisters' parents and using the time-tested fanon theory of Discord planting the seeds of conflict between Celestia and Luna. That's not a theory I happen to go along with. It's just a convenient way of absolving Luna--and even more so, Celestia--from any blame for the Nightmare Moon situation. It's too easy. My theory is that both alicorns were responsible for what happened. You have every right to go along with the show's implied view that Celestia is perfect, but I believe she is not, and was even less so 1000 years ago. And I have yet to meet a pair of siblings who needed a dark force in the background to make them fight with each other. ^^

Edited by TailsAlone

That wall of text basically restates Celestia's story while throwing in the sisters' parents and using the time-tested fanon theory of Discord planting the seeds of conflict between Celestia and Luna. That's not a theory I happen to go along with. It's just a convenient way of absolving Luna--and even more so, Celestia--from any blame for the Nightmare Moon situation. It's too easy. My theory is that both alicorns were responsible for what happened. You have every right to go along with the show's implied view that Celestia is perfect, but I believe she is not, and was even less so 1000 years ago. And I have yet to meet a pair of siblings who needed a dark force in the background to make them fight with each other. ^^

Well I personally consider thngs this way, if you must make a guess or an assumption it is better to go with a positive guess or assumption then a negitive one. Especially with a show like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I actually never said she was perfect, nor did my post on the other thread say so. yet at the same time I believe it is folly to turn a positive character and a good ruler into a villian or have her wish bad things on her younger sister. Yes siblings fight, but when a story or show clearly 'spells out' that a character had done everything they can to save a loved one or save others from harm... then she had done everything she could.

You Do Not Need To Twist A Character Negitively To Make Them More 'Interesting', That Is The Wrong Way Of Doing Things.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

You Do Not Need To Twist A Character Negitively To Make Them More 'Interesting', That Is The Wrong Way Of Doing Things.

True, but I never said Celestia had to be bad, either. ;) I don't make things dark for the heck of it, I just go with the explanation that's more convincing to me.