Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle Alicorn/Princess Speculation [SPOILERS]

ponyvangelist

614 users have voted

1. 1. Would you approve of Twilight becoming an alicorn?

• Yes!
    • Maybe...
    • NO.

She's not my favorite, so I never really cared about her transformation personally (though I admit, if her Alicornhood takes her away from her home in Ponyville, it will be quite sad), I was more concerned that it would permanently shift the spotlight away from the rest of the Mane 6. This is a concern I still feel, but I'll probably have to wait until Season 4 for answers.

Overall, I'm just confused about next weeks episode. It seems like they're pretty much trying to fit two stories into one 22 minute episode, and the Hub is putting most of its emphasis on the part that's not even the episode's namesake.

• Brohoof 2

Meh sums it up pretty well. Im waiting to see how it will turn out. Something I think the minority of people panicking should learn to do *cough* /mlp/ *cough* Really thats about it. It has potential to be bad, meh or great just as any other episode or change has.

• Brohoof 1

Truthfully, I just don't care.

There is nothing we can do to change the matter. All we can do is just roll with it and pray that it won't be terrible- which, considering what the crew has pulled off before, it probably won't be.

then again that's when they had faust on the team but

Everyone just needs to chill and let things take their course. It'll be fine. To be honest, Twilight's kind of cute with a pair of wings tacked on.

I think it would be awesome if Hasbro caught wind of the original rumor early on and decided to play along with it up until the final episode aired and concluded with normal old unicorn Twilight. 

I'm positive that it'll work out in the end and if it doesn't, well... i'll just have to burn all my MLP merch and remove everything pony from my computer like it never happened  ;)

doomed-33495536701.jpeg

I'm anxious. Very, very anxious. If this breaks up the Mane 6, I'm going to have to denounce my brony-ness, burn all the images of ponies that I have in a pit of fire, and leave the forums permanently. But, I'ma stick around and watch what happens. This is gonna be good.

• Brohoof 1

post-6541-0-77733200-1360671118.png

Seriously... people need to not freak out over it until it happens.

Even if she does remain an alicorn, I wont really care. As long as the show still holds to some of its roots an continues to teach valuable lessons, I will watch.

This post made me a pony, by the way. :D

I already miss the phoenix. :(

• Brohoof 4

Well at the risk of being ridiculed as the only person here who even cares, I still hate the decision because it either changes the interaction of the mane 6 and forces the others into the shadows, or it adds a completely pointless new fact to the show that does nothing other than waste alot of people's time all to provide absolutely no change to the show. I prefer the latter, I suppose.

• Brohoof 1

Well, since people are now speculating the Twilight Sparkle Alicorn thing. I guess, we could all see when the cutie marks get switched.

Here is well a quick spoiler:

Rarity gets Rainbow Dash's cutie mark, that's all I can pretty much say.

I'll give you one better. Here's the rundown of who's switching with who, courtesy of the new, leaked song:

Rarity gets Rainbow Dash's mark.

Rainbow Dash gets Fluttershy's mark.

Fluttershy gets Pinkie Pie's mark.

Pinkie Pie gets Applejack's mark.

Applejack gets Rarity's mark.

It would also seem that while they all switch cutie marks, none of them are particularly good at their new "talents". This makes sense considering those screenshots we saw of a boarded-up Carosel Boutique and a dilapidated Sweet Apple Acres. Perhaps we'll see the VAs do their best to emulate each other's accents? (Imagine Pinkie Pie with a southern accent, Applejack with a proper faux-English accent, or Rarity with no accent at all! XD)

Also, here's a link to the song for everyone interested. Spoiler Alert: It's a bit spoilery.

Still dislike it and will not approve of it however good the episode turns out to be. MLP is and will always be a 20 min commercial for Hasbro's toys. If they want more princesses, then there's nothing I can do about it. 

I'm actually looking forward to this. I knew from the start that Twilight was destined to become an Alicorn, but I didn't know it would happen this early. I was actually surprised they made her an Alicorn in season 3. I thought they might do that at almost the end of the series. 

• Brohoof 1

Maybe the alicorn episode is going to be a buildup for a TV movie that's focussed on Twilight as alicorn? If so, then I really hope that at the end of the TV movie Twilight decides to renounce her alicorn-ness for the moment and concentrate on her friends.

I'm looking forward to it at this point. I don't think the writers could mess it up at this point, not unless they go against everything they've said up until now. I just hope it doesn't feel too rushed.

Alicorn Twilight could open up alot of new opportunities for stories and what-have-you. I just hope they don't make her too tall....

f0c816891b0620f52e9cae0b43a6950b.png

Pic totally related.

Edited by Twinhead B
  • Brohoof 1

Me? I'm still annoyed by it. I still find it pointless and shoehorned in. Ill still watch the episode regardless. Specially with the awesome song now revealed. I don't know about Twilight, but I'll still support the rest of the characters.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I think one of the major qualities of a good leader is the ability to DELEGATE. Trusting the people you govern is just as important, if not more, than being able to take in everything and making decisions alone.

Twilight must have learned that lesson, after Pinkie got the town rid of the parasprite swarm. She even trusts her friends in About Time where, even though she still gives instructions, she lets her friends do their thing once sent on site. Not to mention, of course, the times when she leaves Spike the responsibility of her scrolls and even all of the mane 6's pets.

Other points, such as Celly having plans for Twi and talking about her "being ready", have been detailed by others, so there's all of that too.

I'm perfectly happy about it. :D

I was happy about it way back when this was all just a rumor. I remember hoping that the rumor would be true~ And yay, it was~!

I can't wait for the upcoming episode, and I can't wait for the new Princess Twilight toys also.

Happy Wolfie is happy~ ^ w^

Still dislike it and will not approve of it however good the episode turns out to be. MLP is and will always be a 20 min commercial for Hasbro's toys. If they want more princesses, then there's nothing I can do about it. 

Doesn't sound like you're too big of a fan of the show if it's just a big commercial to you... >_>

Anyways, OT, I'm increasingly more okay with Twilicorn. When it was first rumored, I was pretty scared, and was sure it wouldn't happen. Now that we're this close, though, I'm fine with it. "I trust M. A. Larson". He's a pretty good writer, and I think he can make this episode work.

Oh, and about Hasbro forcing them to include Twilicorn, have a tweet from M. A. Larson himself.

"I don't want to get into a whole thing, but this seems to be SOME people's impression of Hasbro:

You know what, I'm gonna replace the picture with some nice text. :3 If you want to see the picture (it's basically the devil chewing on peeps), see his original Tweet. xD

...From my POV, they're nothing but lovely to work with. This idea of an evil corporate overlord forcing things onto the show is just not true."

Sources:

https://twitter.com/M_A_Larson/status/300416461824999425

https://twitter.com/M_A_Larson/status/300416685649842176

Edited by MatrixChicken

M.A. Larson has never let us down in the past. His track record in the past is far better than any other writer on the show, including Lauren Faust herself if you go by number of good episodes alone. His episodes include:

- Swarm of the Century

- Return to Harmony Part 1 & 2

- The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

- Sonic Rainboom

- The Cutie Mark Chronicles

- Luna Eclipsed

- Secret of My Excess

- It's About Time

- Ponyville Confidential

- Magic Duel

- Magical Mystery Cure

Now, aside from Magical Mystery Cure (which hasn't aired yet), I defy anyone to name a bad episode from that list. EVERY single M.A. Larson episode has been great (or at the very least, good). I find it a bit hypocritical of everyone to hail him as a great writer, than accuse him of being the anti-christ because ONE of his episodes could POTENTIALLY hurt the show.

Let's act rationally people. Please?

• Brohoof 1

I'll admit, before it was confirmed, I was a tad against the idea. Now that it's been set in stone, I've warmed up to the idea slightly. I still don't totally like it, but depending on how this is handled this could actually be a good thing for the show, allowing for new possibilities and stories only previously dreamed of. In short, I'm still airing on the side of "wait and see" before I make any kind of criticism. 

Plus, you'd think the Brony fandom was Bipolar or something, considering I can look for two minutes on Fimfiction and find a library's worth of fics that include "Twilight becoming an alicorn" as either the main plot or happening by the story's end. In theory the idea has pretty much been driven ten miles into the ground, but now that's it's actually happening people completely lose their shit?     

Doesn't sound like you're too big of a fan of the show if it's just a big commercial to you... >_>

That the show is like a commercial is a fact, not just my thought. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching it though, because I really do.

• Brohoof 1

I hated the idea of the Alicorn Twilight at first but now I don't really mind it, I like the fact that Twilight is going to be an alicorn. But I really hate the fact that Hasbro is really just doing this for the toys, It makes me wonder if they truly care about the show at all

• Brohoof 1

That the show is like a commercial is a fact, not just my thought. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching it though, because I really do.

Wow. O_O I don't want to start a fight, but the "fact" that it's just a commercial is just, like, your opinion, man.

Nothing in the show has ever seemed forced to me; it all fits perfectly into the show. Even if it was just to sell toys, it didn't seem like it to me.  :huh:

meh meh meh JUST SHOW ME NEW EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SOME GOOD QUALATY MERCH! Twilight will ALWAYS be my favorite pony ALWAYS, so no new decision will change that for me!