Creamy Arty

I volunteered to work as security for this one. Still waiting to hear back from them though. They're supposed to call people for interviews at some point so I guess they're going to wait until a certain time and get to everybody simultaneously.

I'm excited.

You they sent me an interview to fill up. Basically the requirements mentioned on their volunteers page. Good luck with it! Working Security there was just wonderful. Got to meet and help many people. :)

I wish there was an easier way to get around internationally haha. Travelling from Australia to America for a convention seems a little extreme.

Last year I saw some people from Sweden, England, and France. No Australians though. We need an Australian representative. Do it for your country!

• Brohoof 1

I am planning to go, I just have to scrape enough money together to pay the flight tickets and a place to crash, but I'm seriously planning to go, I have to attend Bronycon at least once, other alternative is Galacon, but Bronycon would be the ideal convention.

• Brohoof 1

I hope to go and probably will go... Or probably not... Idk...

But I can't wait to go... Il finaly be with other bronies... It it going to be AWESOME!

Except for one thing... I have no idea what to expect at brony con

• Brohoof 1

I am planning to go, I just have to scrape enough money together to pay the flight tickets and a place to crash, but I'm seriously planning to go, I have to attend Bronycon at least once, other alternative is Galacon, but Bronycon would be the ideal convention.

Understandable. Flying is expensive, especially when you're coming from another country. There's a Hilton hotel attached to the convention center that will be offering discounted rates to Bronycon attendees. They've yet to secure a deal with the hotel yet. Expect information on that to come soon. Most likely all of the VAs and other celebrities in attendance will be staying there too, so you may encounter them in the halls or elevators.

Except for one thing... I have no idea what to expect at brony con

This year there were 4,100 attendees. In all likelihood we'll see at least that many next year.

Expect it to be like any other convention, except with ponies as the dominant theme. At least two-dozen cosplayers will be there, one or two people in fur suits for the lulz, and a bunch of ordinary people in pony shirts (expect to see lots of the famous DJ-PON3 shirt) and carrying around We Love Fine steampunk Rainbow Dash bags. There will be a ton of vendor tables, so figure on spending some money. There will likely be a voice actor panel, an animation panel, and one-on-one Q&A sessions with at least one prominent person involved with the show. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the building will be the prominent members of the brony fanbase showing off their works of art and feats of programming prowess, in addition to running Q&A sessions themselves. It's very likely there will be a cosplay contest at some point.

There will also probably be a LARP room, a room for gaming, and a showing of pony episodes in addition to fan-produced content. Last year there was a "Bronypalooza," essentially a huge rave that featured The Living Tombstone playing on stage while Tara danced and the crowd sang along; I think that's already on the agenda for this year.

It's going to be fun, to say the least.

• Brohoof 1

Man, this bums me out. I live maybe a good 40 minutes from Secaucus and I chose not to go this summer because it was scheduled so close to Connecticon, but I was hoping to make it this year.

But now? Forget it.

I am planning to take part of bronycon because I want to be a dealer in 2013 for many conventions of the brony fandom, I was going to be a publicist for artists that normally can't attend conventions or not all of them in a year. If it happens I will meet up with many bronies all over the US and maybe in Canada.

The service that I want to do is still in discussion phase so everything is handled correctly, If you want to know more here is a link

,_. I am in northern Ireland... But I am saving up for a flight to go, I am turning 16 in 6 days So I am obviously old enough to fly alone. Bonus is my Mums cousin is an American Citizen not far from this years Bronycon... Well it's an hours drive but who cares? Lol So I might be able to attend. No Promises Sadly. But if I do I would love to meet some of you guys and gals from the forums there :)

I won't be going even though I really want to  I can't afford  it :( but i will be heading to seattle's 'brony con'  for the first time. really excited about that

Edited by angels_gal

Dang, I would reeeally love to go. But seeing that it's on a weekend right after I come back from my planned vacation to Cancun, Mexico...it's gonna be hard for me to get home and prepare for the next trip. Now that just leaves me to decide which trip I'd go and omg I reallyreallyreally want to go. 

I'm more likely going by myself, though. I don't know any bronies irl, but it'd be nice to meet up with other bronies from all over. :3

Dang, I would reeeally love to go. But seeing that it's on a weekend right after I come back from my planned vacation to Cancun, Mexico...it's gonna be hard for me to get home and prepare for the next trip. Now that just leaves me to decide which trip I'd go and omg I reallyreallyreally want to go. 

I'm more likely going by myself, though. I don't know any bronies irl, but it'd be nice to meet up with other bronies from all over. :3

I went by myself last time. It was still the best thing I've ever done. Assuming several of us from the forums attend, there's no reason we wouldn't be able to meet up.

Without knowing any details of your trip to Mexico I wouldn't be able to opine on this decision you're now forced to make. Hopefully things will work out such that you can do both.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately I am not going to make it to this one. My mom talked me out of going to the first one and then I was mad sick the time of the second one.  I hope to go to a Bronycon at some point but, knowing my parents I think they'd find some way to talk me out of it every single time.  If this Brony Con was in like Portland or LA. I would definitely go since I am taking a West Coast trip to those 2 places this year. But, I don't think I can make it to Baltimore.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I found out recently the location and date for Bronycon 2013(though this maybe old news) It's in Baltimore on August 2nd-4th. (I believe that tickets are $70)

What do you think about how it will turn out? Are you going? Post what ever you have to say about it!

It's in Baltimore on August 2nd-4th. ( tickets are $70)

FUUUUUUUUU NONE IN MANEHATTAN!! :angry:

outrage!

*seconds of cooling down*

I would love to go to Baltimore, so I can meet my fellow Bronies and Pegasisters.

I'm going for my birthday, even though I live in Canada and have to fly down.

Luckily, I found cheap flight tickets and am booking soon. Hoping to meet a few members of this site. :)

I live right next to Baltimore, so assuming I'm not flat out broke like I am right now I am so going. That also means that if anyone needs a place to stay I might be able to hook you guys up.

I'm going...I hear its going to be about 20% cooler from last year.....<.<......sorry I had to say it.

Seriously though, it was either Bronycon or the big Halloween party in New Orleans. Tough choice but I just have to meet some of my fellow bronies and pegasisters. I'm told its amazing.

ⓒⓐⓝⓣ ⓖⓞ ⓣⓗⓔⓡⓔ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ ⓨⓔⓐⓡ ⓑⓔⓒⓐⓤⓢⓔ ⓘ ⓒⓐⓝⓝⓞⓣ ⓐⓕⓕⓞⓡⓓ ⓘⓣ ⓑⓤⓣ ⓜⓐⓨⓑⓔ ⓝⓔⓧⓣ ⓨⓔⓐⓡ! I really wish I could go but I live in michigan so I cannot afford a rid or airplane ticket to go there but maybe next year! (I hope!)

Edited by im scootaloo

I'd love to go, but living in Michigan has its constraints.  I doubt I can make it unless I can somehow fly to Baltimore.     Feels bad man.
  I know what you mean I live in ann arbor and cannot get a job (considering i'm 13) but I would definitely go if I could. But there's always youmacon! soǝpıʌ uoɔʎuoɹq ʎoɾuǝ ı
  • Brohoof 1

I got my ticket and my hotel reserved recently. I can hardly wait to go again. Yea, it sucks that it's now farther away from NYC, but I can manage. My friends and I are carpooling to get there on Aug 1. I don't think we will have room to carpool anyone else, but we may have space for some people if they need a hotel room. I'm not sure yet though.

Edited by The Media Brony
  • Brohoof 1