Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you go to the final BronyCon next year?

Feather Data

(edited)

I am definitely heading, I have been going there since 2015!

I did not have much to do this year, but next year is what matters the most!

2019 is the final year for BronyCon!

Edited by Feather Data
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, TheNerdyGriffoN said:

so if this is the final one....whats left ? 

I dunno, maybe explore other conventions?

Just now, Thanos said:

I think the show is ending 

And I wish I can go but I got save my money

2 minutes ago, goofyg65 said:

Why is it the final year for BronyCon

No, it is because they are running out of money with numbers declining each year in terms of attendees and ticket sales. If they continue, they will probably go bankrupt.

If I would live in the States I wouldn't let anything stop me going. But since there is huge puddle of water amogst myself and said convention, I sadly can't take part in it.

Flight tickets are too damn expensive, not to mention other expenses :okiedokieloki: As much as I would like to go, it wouldn't be smart to waste huge pile of money just because of ponies...

• Brohoof 2

I will most likely go if school/work doesn't get in the way of it and I can save up enough money to do so.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, goofyg65 said:

Why is it the final year for BronyCon

Multiple factors. One being that the show is ending. The other is financial. The number of attendees has dropped by almost half of what it was a few years ago because interest in the show has waned a lot.

It is very expensive to rent out 2 convention buildings for a 3-day weekend. It’s no longer financially viable to keep doing it any longer. Next year will be 4 days. So it will go out with a sonic rainboom. 

I will definitely be going again next year. I live nearby so if someone a place to crash to save some $$$, let me know. 

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 4

13 minutes ago, Spicy BronyNumber2A said:

I'm going to put in for vacation tomorrow. I wish I could have met more ponies from the forums. We should all get together.

Oh I plan on it! Wouldn't be opposed to a group photo as well. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not able to go due to my disability preventing me from going on a plane on my own without a guardian. My parents work all the time and I know for a fact that they'd rather not want to go to a pony convention.

I don’t know. There are too many variables that have to fall the right way between now and then for me to go. Believe it or not I was in Baltimore on Friday. I wasn’t able to attend but I spent some time around the Inner Harbor and the convention center. While there were a lot of MLP fans around, they didn’t take over the city the way they did from 2013 through 2015. I’m not surprised they’re making next year the last despite previous hopes of going beyond 2020. 

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Id like to go. I used to go to Baltimore for Otacon. It'll be nice to get to the Inner Harbor again!

I never attended Otacon but I always enjoyed seeing the fans and the amazing costumes. Unfortunately they outgrew the Baltimore convention center and relocated to DC.  

• Brohoof 1

Like a few others said, it's not viable for me at the moment to travel to the US just for a convention, not to mention all the related costs... It's a shame but it's not something I ever thought would happen anyway... :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Next year is on my radar, but I'm still not sure yet.

It would be a blast to finally meet you DQ! I know it's a year off so anything can happen, but I'm definitely crossing my fingers. 

• Brohoof 2