Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one?

Jay

I am just throwing this out there so don't send me hate mail but am I the only one who thinks Thanksgiving is a bit overrated? I mean you need to get dress up and go someplace, stand around for 3-4 hours then just to get something to eat..

• Brohoof 2

In Europe Thanksgiving is not celebrated at all so I can not really say if it is overrated or not, but I find all holidays somewhat overrated. It is very nice to get together and celebrate to have something out of the ordinary but there are very few who even remember why some holidays are celebrated. They are not that important even though they are quite nice.

• Brohoof 4

socializing w

Meh.

I don't really like Thanksgiving. I hate mashed potatoes and turkey, I hate going to parties and I hate socializing with people I don't know.

I am with you, well except for the hating turkey and mash potatoes part. I love that, it's the force to socialize and all you want to do is ether watch tv

Talking with new people is like the best thing ever! I love getting new friends! Posted Image

But I agree with you on the holiday things, I never do any of that except Christmas. (if you succeed in avoiding Christmas then... wow)

• Brohoof 1

Not everyone's Thanksgiving is so boring. I don't have to dress up all that much and my family plays games and stuff. Really though, Thanksgiving is about spending time with family and appreciating all you have in life. While you're waiting for the food, you can talk to people, some of which you may only see a few times a year, and this is an important opportunity. That's kind of the point of Thanksgiving.

I think we're reaching a point in society where a lot of traditional celebrations are lost with both their meaning and purpose. If anything, we should make new ones. Like a My Little Pony holiday or something.

Edit: If i was to celebrate and give thanks on thanksgiving, it would be brony community.

Edited by TwilightCircuits

Actually, I think Thanksgiving is under-rated, comparing it to Christmas just coming around the corner. Because I've seen three times as much Christmas ads than Thanksgiving anything.

• Brohoof 2

well its a only American holiday so maybe that's why its made such a big deal of. i'm British so i don't celebrate it, but i'm kinda craving turkey now

Edited by PonyEcho

wait, how do you guys do thanksgiving? why are you going to parties on thanksgiving?

for me we either stay home or go to my grandmother house and eat a big dinner consisting of turkey, mashed potatos, cranberry sauce and other stuff.

Edited by Gakbuster
  • Brohoof 1

I think we're reaching a point in society where a lot of traditional celebrations are lost with both their meaning and purpose. If anything, we should make new ones. Like a My Little Pony holiday or something.

Edit: If i was to celebrate and give thanks on thanksgiving, it would be brony community.

It's not the place or event but the company, celebrations are meaningless if you don't spend them with people you care about.

I don't really go anywhere i just sit home and do nothing just like any other day

sometimes my family invite to eat with them, since I don't do much, I say shure

why not But i don't call it a big hullabuloo to celebrate.

I've never celebrated Thanksgiving before because I live in Norway, but it seems to me that it's an opportunity to spend good times with either friends or family, so it doesn't seem too bad for me. But I guess that's up to each persons opinion and what they're doing on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is one of the best days of the year, It's not a day where you have to go anywhere, you aren't forced to go eat. It's traditional, yes... but Thanksgiving is more about sitting down and thinking how lucky you are to have everything you have. To be thankful to have what you do. That's why I'm sickened by Black Friday. It's the exact opposite. "You don't have enough, or good enough stuff". That's idea behind Black Friday, and the fact some stores are opening on Thanksgiving day makes me sick.

• Brohoof 1

wait, how do you guys do thanksgiving?

Well, I usually have a giant party of friends at my place, then we usually head to the local arena and watch a hockey match going on. Been like that for me for the past 8 years.

To be honest, I barely do anything for Thanksgiving. Well, I barely do anything for many of the holidays (except I try to do stuff for Halloween), mainly because, well, my family just doesn't have the time. I was gonna go to a friend's house today to do something Thanksgivingy, but we might not make it over there today. The only thanksgiving foods I like are stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. I hate Turkey. HATE IT.

So, at least I've got stuffing and pumpkin pie. It doesn't look like I've got any potatoes... that's fine though, I have those at other times than Thanksgiving.

Well, thanksgiving is something more than "pigging out". It should be used as a day you realize all the things you have and be thankful for. So depending on how you celebrate thanksgiving makes it over rated or not. It isn't over rated for me.

• Brohoof 1

Meh. I find it redundant. Not many people are thankful during thanksgiving because it's a day where everything is kinda handed to you. In fact I think people complain about it more then be thankful for it.

I really don't celebrate it. I prefer just to be thankful year round.

Everything is so American-centric, I'm 100% sure almost no one knows Canadian Thanksgiving was last month or they don't know we celebrate it. I mean, Canadians are well aware of your Thanksgiving. It's annoying being asked if we celebrate it or them assuming we have the same one. :v

We half-assed celebrated it this year. Normally we have a huge gathering with my mom's side of the family but unfortunately that was not the case this year. Went out for my friend's birthday.

• Brohoof 2

I like Thanksgiving only because of the break we get. And the big meal. What my family does is just go to my aunts or grandparents house and eat there. No church, no parties, no socializing outside of family. And even then I don't socialize. It's a tad over-rated (There's people in my town who literally decorate their houses for Thanksgiving. No BS.)

I am just throwing this out there so don't send me hate mail but am I the only one who thinks Thanksgiving is a bit overrated? I mean you need to get dress up and go someplace, stand around for 3-4 hours then just to get something to eat..

Just throwing it out there; I never call anything overrated. It's a term that annoys me a lot, especially when people use it on stuff they don't like.

But yeah, I ain't into Thanksgiving either. Mostly because I hate most foods, turkey being one of them. Stuffing included, and a bunch of other foods common for Thanksgiving. Usually, I just stay upstairs while the feast is going and do the stuff I like to do.