Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making Christmas Merrier: Part II

Zoop

Rolled for the $600 mark: Happy Monthiversary. Which is funny, because just earlier today, I was thinking of how I would sing it if I rolled it :)

Oh, I also think now is a good time to mention a special little musical project of mine, the idea of which was brought about by copious amounts sugar combined and sleep deprivation. I was originally just going to post some lyrics (if I ever get them done), but if we get to... say... $5,000, I just might be convinced to record and upload it.

• Brohoof 1

Does everything have to be American Dollars? Cause I live in Asia but would want to give,,(Ugh 100 carachters sorry... about that...

This is a Canadian site, so all donations are in Canadian Dollars. You may want to look up the current conversion rate for your currency and the CAD. Yahoo has a conversion tool you can use.

Could we um, possibly raise money for Miami Children's Hospital? It's an amazing hospital and it's helped me out greatly, I don't know how we would fit that in, I don't know what this fundraiser is about, can someone fill me in on the details? 

http://www.mch.com/

We're doing it for the BC Childrens Hospital due to the fact that the site owner lives nearby and is able to hand-deliver all of the money raised directly to the hospital, in person. While we would love to run many different charities for many different hospitals, this would be far more difficult from a logistical standpoint. 

• Brohoof 6

Well that didn't take long. I only just decided to join the fun and we already hit $500. Guess that means I'll be making a piano song for whoever gets picked. Should be interesting. I look forward to whomever may win the first one. 

And I also look forward to whoever may win at the $750 prize.

I hope we can raise more money for the kids. I just wanna put a note in for the ponys picking the winning raffles tickets. If for some reason i win the $50 itunes card. Pls dont buy it for me. I rather you put the money toward charity :) i have no use for it rather it go to the kids.

I hope we can raise more money for the kids. I just wanna put a note in for the ponys picking the winning raffles tickets. If for some reason i win the $50 itunes card. Pls dont buy it for me. I rather you put the money toward charity Posted Image i have no use for it rather it go to the kids.

The $50 iTunes card was discovered within a drawer by Kolth, so it was purchased a while ago. :lol:

None of the prizes have been purchased directly for the event - it's all stuff that people have had available. Mostly stuff out of my Steam inventory that has been gathering dust for the better part of a year. :-X

• Brohoof 1

The $50 iTunes card was discovered within a drawer by Kolth, so it was purchased a while ago. :lol:None of the prizes have been purchased directly for the event - it's all stuff that people have had available. Mostly stuff out of my Steam inventory that has been gathering dust for the better part of a year. :-X

okay its good to know you guys arnt spending money on prizes and stuff. Do you happen to know when this event might end becuase i wanna see if ill have the money for another donation Edited by Morager
  • Brohoof 1

[insert obligatory query about poems being accepted or not here]

I really wish I could donate, but I'm trying to save money for other things because I'm an egotistical jerk who doesn't care I have a couple of projects that demand financial potential.

That being said, I'll put this up on my DA. The prospect of listening to staff members singing while wearing cute girly outfits and FCs being humiliated before their creators is rather exciting.

EDIT

It seems you HAVE to be a forum member to donate. Isn't there a way for others to contribute without signing up for the forums? Because the current target seems too high for a community that is roughly as big as last year, whereas the previous event allowed donations to a specific PayPal account.

Two bucks from everyone here would bring us to $16,000

Only works if every single "official" member is active, bro. Remember, the number of usernames in the memberlist does not reflect the number of people involved with this place.

Ontop of that would it not be more efficient if there was a more versilate way of doing such, I don't know youtube? There most people who compose music or draw art can help too, for example a little animation contest, or the like.

That... actually sounds like a wonderful idea.

I just skimmed the thread but I clearly recall a post mentioning EqD - they featured our event, if I understand it right. So why not YouTube, where a lot of brony artists gather...

Who knows, we might actually end up donating up to twice as much as the target minimum. O.O

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

I am not legally allowed to donate without consent. The consent my parents will not give in a thousand years.

^ And that's the biggest obstacle to the fundraiser; I think it's true of a lot of people here. Do things like prepaid debit cards work? Anybody can pick one up from Walmart.

• Brohoof 1

I will be completely serious with you all.If I could, I would have donated the day I first found out about this thing, and I think all you should have too, the problem is like many others I am unable to.

I'm sure others feel the same way but, I can't donate because of several annoying reasons.

The largest of these reasons; I am dead broke. I have no money whatsoever and I doubt my parents will spare money to donate to a random website that they don't know if they can trust. They are very protective about their information and everything, unlike I am, thus I am at a loss.

The next reason; Any money I do make is needed for christmas coming already, and is needed for purchasing presents. I wish I could return to those days when my parents bought the presents and I simply signed my name on it saying it was from me, but at my age of 15 of course I can't expect my parents to do everything for me.

I would love to donate, really I would, but I can't.

Which is why I contributed in another way.

I have now offered two prizes myself, one for every $500 and one at $750. (See the first post for details.) Trust me, the fact that I am giving people reason to donate more is a prize in itself, and I strongly encourage you people, even if it's not official, to hop on board and offer something and give people incentive to donate towards this cause. 

That being said, you can also give things like games and gift cards that can be used to lure people in. Really anything helps in my opinion. 

So what are you all waiting for? Those who can, dive in and donate! And those who can't, I'm sure you can find some way to be involved!

• Brohoof 4

It seems you HAVE to be a forum member to donate. Isn't there a way for others to contribute without signing up for the forums? Because the current target seems too high for a community that is roughly as big as last year, whereas the previous event allowed donations to a specific PayPal account.

There was no donation "system" last year to keep track of who made which donation and such. You can make a "guest" donation simply by heading to the donation URL anyway, though. The checkout process will automatically create an account for you along the way. So we're still very much able to accept guest donations.

^ And that's the biggest obstacle to the fundraiser; I think it's true of a lot of people here. Do things like prepaid debit cards work? Anybody can pick one up from Walmart.

Any card with the Visa, MasterCard, or American Express logo on it should work, including prepaid variants. Other vendors' cards might work, but these three are the ones that Stripe claims to support for Canadian merchants.

• Brohoof 1

I dont know WTF just happened but is WAAAAAAAAY AWESOME. 400 in 40 minutes now we are on 1035.00 you guys really make me be proud of this community and the ponies behind it. 

• Brohoof 1

Great going, everyone! MLP Forums will officially be getting into BC Children's Hospital's financial report this year!

I, for one, look forward to Tom's and Scootacool's Best Pet duet, as well as the four dramatic readings queued up thus far. :D

Keep the contributions coming!

• Brohoof 13

As Feldicorn said, fantastic job so far, guys. We've reached our initial milestone <3 But we can't stop now; we still have plenty of awesome and humorous things to reach on that list, plus, the more money, the more the hospital has to make the childrenz happy :D

• Brohoof 3

I really want to hear an episode redub. Especially an episode with a song in it. Let's make that happen. Scoots can do the singing. He's been amazing so far.

There was no donation "system" last year to keep track of who made which donation and such. You can make a "guest" donation simply by heading to the http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=payments&section=donate]donation URL[/url] anyway, though. The checkout process will automatically create an account for you along the way. So we're still very much able to accept guest donations.

My PayPal confirmation made no mention of my user name (didn't really expect it to, but now you've got me wondering), it only knows my real identity. So is there a record that I, Artemis, made a donation, or am I up a creek as far as the raffle goes?

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 1

My PayPal confirmation made no mention of my user name (didn't really expect it to, but now you've got me wondering), it only knows my real identity. So is there a record that I, Artemis, made a donation, or am I up a creek as far as the raffle goes?

Your donation is tied directly to your MLP Forums account, so you're definitely getting into the raffle. You can review your donation at any time in your client area if you'd like to confirm that it went through. :)

I can't believe it already hit 1000. Oh how I love this fandom, and charity for that matter. I think I did my share, now, I'm sure Feld0 wants *points at reader* YOU to donate as well if you haven't already! It's a 1000 dollars and still going! Let's make this happen bronies :D

Your donation is tied directly to your MLP Forums account, so you're definitely getting into the raffle. You can review your donation at any time in your client area if you'd like to confirm that it went through. Posted Image

I looked but it isn't there. That's fine. I know that it went through, however, as I was informed of that within seconds.

Honestly, I wasn't really concerned about getting raffle entries for myself, I was going to say you can spread them around to other donors. Preferably those who donated the least so they have a better shot at winning something. My Steam library already contains more stuff than it should, and as for the prizes that involve discomforting other members, I'll be happy no matter what they have to do.

Either someone really, really wants to humiliate me and Zoop's OC or someone really really wants to help out children. Either way, i'm fine with this.

Why not Zoidberg both?

I really like kids. Hugging kids and holding babies is heartwarming. Everybody should try it sometime.

Either someone really, really wants to humiliate me and Zoop's OC or someone really really wants to help out children. Either way, i'm fine with this.

Both are equally appealing actually :3

So hey, do you think one of the prizes could be a piece of literature (poem or short story or fanfic chapter) from me? At least I can contribute in this way, perhaps. Plz let it be shipping like Feld0xZoop or MotionxDimitri

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

Both are equally appealing actually :3

So hey, do you think one of the prizes could be a piece of literature (poem or short story or fanfic chapter) from me? At least I can contribute in this way, perhaps. Plz let it be shipping like Feld0xZoop or MotionxDimitri

Unofficial prizes are accepted, users are welcome to throw in things they want, if it is a commission or raffle, one should actually contact Feld0 or one of his administrative pawns like Zoop about it.