Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the Tallest of the Mane 6?

Homura Akemi

Well they all come from the same base (I think), so I would assume they would all be the same height. Though I believe Rarity is the tallest if it's not as I assume.

• Brohoof 1

Most mares have the same base, meaning that they would all be the same height.

Plus, generally you measure actual horses to the withers (which is upper shoulder) so you are not accounting for height of forelock/mane and how high the head is being raised. :P

Yeah, I think its what just about every pony has been saying. Without the horns, the hats, and the manes each pony is pretty much the exact same height. Except for maybe Princess Celestia. But when you include the horns, hats, and manes I think Rarity is the tallest.

Edited by Konata1000

As far as the animations go, the animators use the same Flash body frameworks for every pony in the Mane Six, so they are all exactly the same height.

Now, from a more scientific perspective, think on this: you actually grow taller at night, and shrink a tiny bit during the day. The reason? Gravity. When you're upright all day, the effect of gravity pulls your head down. When you're asleep at night, the effect of gravity is working against the side of your body, allowing you to grow unhindered.

That being said, the tallest ponies should be the pegasi, or at least the ones who grew up in Cloudsdale (as the effect of gravity, however minutely different, would be less prevalent up higher).

Other than that, you could say that the unicorn race is the tallest due to their horns, but that's almost cheating. :P

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 3

I don't think any of the mane 6 really differ in height, I think they're all taken from the same height. Fluttershy is apparently suppose to be oldest, but I think they're all still the same height regardless if your not factoring in manes horns hats ect.

Infact most of the ponies in the show are all the same height, Except The Alicorns like Celestia, Cadence, Luna,ect.

This I'm not sure if I buy yet. She's clearly a year older than Pinkie Pie, assuming she's telling the truth, but that's all we really know.

Well according to what I've heard shes the oldest not only because of that, but also because of the way her body structure is as a filly in cutie mark chronicles.

I dunno if its ever been officially confirmed, it may have who i'm not really sure though :P.

They all have the same base. They're just colored in differently and given different tail and mane styles. The same goes for other ponies you see. Stallions have a different body shape with slightly larger dimensions but those are used as a base for that gender as well. Same goes for phillies/colts. Only time the sizes and shapes are different is when they are a particular character like Snips, Snails, Celestia, Nightmare Moon, Cadence, Granny Smith.

Well according to what I've heard shes the oldest not only because of that, but also because of the way her body structure is as a filly in cutie mark chronicles.

I dunno if its ever been officially confirmed, it may have who i'm not really sure though :P.

I think Fluttershy was just filling out that "tall shy clumsy girl archetype" in middle/high school. You know like she just had a growth spurt.

Edited by poniesforfun

I assumed that Applejack was the tallest due to the fact that she is older than everypony else in the Main 6. But, like always, my thinking is wrong. I just wanted to at least get a reason out.

But my gut tells me that Applejack is the tallest of the Main 6, even though I can't explain why.

Edited by My Whistle Baby
  • Brohoof 1

Out of the Mane 6, I always saw Rarity as the tallest because she is so regal and model-like.... and regal models are tall! Haha. Also, just the way she holds herself. Not to say she thinks she is better than anypony else, but she does have this Canterlot way of keeping her posture quite straight. :P

I assumed that Applejack was the tallest due to the fact that she is older than everypony else in the Main 6. But, like always, my thinking is wrong. I just wanted to at least get a reason out.

But my gut tells me that Applejack is the tallest of the Main 6, even though I can't explain why.

Some source said Applejack is 22, though then again it probably isn't/wasn't canon. I definitely see her being in the top 3 oldest, though. Edited by Feld0
duplicate post