Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

I really wish it would happen but realistically....the best we can hope for is straight to DVD and that will be good enough for me anyway.

As long as there is a film, then that's me happy.

I would love it if it did. But really, the best TV to Movie things I've seen were from Doctor Who. And they were more like long episodes. So I guess that's all I really want. A long episode, like the two-parters we've been getting.

If they were to attempt a movie now with current publicity and reputation, a straight-to-DVD or television premere would be expected. HOWEVER, this is only season 2, and if any predictions of season 3 are to be correct, it would be that the fanbase and brony reputation will skyrocket, along with any further seasons they produce. A movie released well into the later stages of the show's production is going to be much more likely to make it into the big screen, much like the PPG movie which was released closer to that shows end. (And considering how much the visuals improved for the actual movie compared to the show, an MLP movie probably will just as easily match that quality, if not, be better)

However, I have full faith in the creators that any movie will be a treasure.

It would be epic if they made a movie. I think it'd be like a Pokemon movie so it would be darker and scarier than the normally bright show. There would be more shadows and the animation would look cooler and serious. And imagine all the amazing songs they could have in it! Like maybe a song during a fighting scene with other characters singing. Like the Wonderbolts, Big Mac, Derpy, the Crusaders, etc. That would be so awesome! I mean those other characters could sing in other parts other than fighting too.

And this could be for two part episodes, like it could focus more on the other ponies in the mane 6. All the two part episodes so far have mostly been from Twilight's POV.

I bet there'll be a movie soon enough. Maybe next summer. :D

(edited)

Oh, question, do you guys think the MLP:Movie should have a more serious tone, or have a high focus on comedy? I'm on the fence on this question atm.

Look at the old MLP movie that came out in theaters in the 80s, it didn't really cut it out.

Because it was terrible.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, question, do you guys think the MLP:Movie should have a more serious tone, or have a high focus on comedy? I'm on the fence on this question atm.

Because it was terrible.

What did you say,and why did you edit it out?

What did you say,and why did you edit it out?

I made a "TOO SOON EXECUTUS" joke in response to the image but didn't think enough people would get it so I edited it out.

I made a "TOO SOON EXECUTUS" joke in response to the image but didn't think enough people would get it so I edited it out.

Oh okay, your right, i dont get it.

My exact fear of MLP! When a show get's a feature length film they tend to lose something afterwards...

But to reply to your statement that I bolded. I know of a way to this that might come across as not creepy.

I was think of what if we turned the Fan Fic My Little Dashie into a movie. (For those who don't know MLD is basically the story of a man who finds a filly Rainbow Dash and raises it. It is famous for being probably the saddest fan fic out there, it is probably the only story that has moved me to tears)

Now to keep the creepiness down I think it would be best if the Ponies stay as 2D animations.

Like....

post-461-0-92337100-1326694423_thumb.gif

I think it would make for a very adorable movie! Though I highly doubt it would ever happen... well unless a team of dedicated fans make it themselves!

Other than that for an actual MLPFIM movie I'd like it to end off the series. I have the series down as lasting 5 seasons with the fandom starting to slowly diminish around the end of season 3. I feel a feature length film should act as some grand finale! As for plot it would be the ultimate test of strength for each character. I'd see them going the route of having a huge overwhelming concept which I think is fine for a finale but they really need to stick to the characters, the characters are everything! I'd see them trying to do too much to please the fans and make the characters act lackluster.

That's just my view on what probably would happen.

I don't know if anyone else said this, because there are four pages, and I don't want to read them all to find out, but there is a group of dedicated fans working on a My Little Dashie Movie. http://mylittledashie.weebly.com/index.html

(edited)

Oh okay, your right, i dont get it.

If you're curious though, it's a meme from World of Warcraft. There's a raid instance boss called Ragnaros, who, back in the day when the raid was released back in 05 I think, he was EXTREMELY hard, so raid guilds fighting him would fail repeatedly, and each time they'd restart the fight they'd have to listen to his all capslock voice yelling "TOO SOON, TOO YOU HAVE AWAKENED ME, EXECUTUS, TOO SOON!", so they got used to hearing that I think basically.

I don't know if anyone else said this, because there are four pages, and I don't want to read them all to find out, but there is a group of dedicated fans working on a My Little Dashie Movie. http://mylittledashi....com/index.html

According to the site there's been no updates for 3 months now, are they still working it?

Edited by Pegasus25

• 1 month later...

"I was randomly thinking about the idea of an FIM movie...I was thinking about how they might do a high quality story for it, and I think one of the best things they could do is to kill off one of the Mane Six at the end of the movie. Make it reasonable, so it's not just a pointless sacrifice or anything, but I think killing off one of the Mane Six would be a smart choice, a mature choice, considering the sort of work we're talking about. This would basically be a finale movie, a full end to the show and to the series and to anything made within its unvierse(unless there's a followup series set Xty years later with, say, the CMCs kids or something which might be okay depending.)

Of course there's no way to know what the story of such a movie would be like, but just on the basis of looking at the Mane Six, I think the best choice to off would be Rainbow Dash.

Discuss." - Kyronea

Well, thoughts?

They don't need to kill off anypony... it's not like any of the villains in the show have murderous intentions anyways. It wouldn't fit with the rest of the show if one of the mane 6 were to die.

Maybe if FiM were more like Harry Potter, I could see one of them dying. But the MLP universe isn't quite like that.

A finale movie would still be awesome though.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

KILL?

A

MANE6???

Posted Image

That wouldn't fit the whole theme of the show and all that.How would Dashie even die?

I see the show ending with the Mane6 Splitting up and following their dreams or progressing in the world

EX:Rarity becomes the top designer

Applejack owns her own farm etc etc

P.S If she did die she better go out like a boss :ph34r: like by saving her friends from certain doom or something

Edited by OdinForced
  • Brohoof 3

I don't think any of them should die because

1-Children audience

2-Rainbowdash's death will make the heavens cry

3-Mane 5 just doesn't sound right

4-Lauren wouldn't dare..

I see the show ending with the Mane6 Splitting up and following their dreams or progressing in the world

EX:Rarity becomes the top designer

Applejack owns her own farm etc etc

#1 was and still is one of my arguements (this is Kyronea's suggestion) Or if it was say a side character (Princess Celestia) I think that would work.
  • Brohoof 2

#1 was and still is one of my arguements (this is Kyronea's suggestion) Or if it was say a side character (Princess Celestia) I think that would work.

I don't think they would let her die per say but probably have her banished into the Moon or something that eliminates the character without exposing the young viewers to death.

Nope.avi to the premises of killing, ever. MLP:FiM is simply not like that. Not only is it aimed at a younger audience, but even the concept of the death does not apply to the characters that we see all the time. We've seen a funeral going on in one episode, and that was what, a split second? I doubt we'd ever see one of the main cast dieing, or any of the supporting characters. Not saying it is impossible, but it's definitely up there on the 'highly unlikely' list.

That said, we do need a movie, and I see one happening after a few more seasons. I don't care who the focusing character would be, because I have little doubt all six of them would have at least one appearance.

Nope.avi to the premises of killing, ever. MLP:FiM is simply not like that. Not only is it aimed at a younger audience, but even the concept of the death does not apply to the characters that we see all the time. We've seen a funeral going on in one episode, and that was what, a split second? I doubt we'd ever see one of the main cast dieing, or any of the supporting characters. Not saying it is impossible, but it's definitely up there on the 'highly unlikely' list.

That said, we do need a movie, and I see one happening after a few more seasons. I don't care who the focusing character would be, because I have little doubt all six of them would have at least one appearance.

That said It was never implied the death would be shown, just strongly acknoledged. And I do agree, the subject matter would be a no go unless the movie was directly targeted at the brony community. And what are the chances of that? AmIright

That said It was never implied the death would be shown, just strongly acknoledged. And I do agree, the subject matter would be a no go unless the movie was directly targeted at the brony community. And what are the chances of that? AmIright

Even if they aimed it at the brony community, it's not like that means a death of one of the main characters, or even a supporting character wouldn't be frowned upon by a huge part of the masses xD

True

Which is mainly because of the dynamics of the show. This isn't random people you don't get attached to in a sentimental way, these are cute, cuddly ponies who are utterly realistic, and whom you get attached to very quickly and very strongly. That's why I think that for a majority, it doesn't matter what the age group, because a death of a beloved character at all in MLP would be a huge deal.
  • Brohoof 3

Ok, lets sit down for a moment, shall we?

My. Little. Pony.

What exactly does this mean?

It is, in fact, a show made for the younger audiences.

Death does not exist in this universe, or the creator of the show would have us to believe.

So to make a character die at the end would be extremely out of place for a show about candy colored equines.

This is a major thumbs down from me, I would not see this movie.

• Brohoof 3