Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

So feel free to discuss any thoughts, concerns, ideas, or anything regarding a My Little Pony movie. I'd love to hear what my fellow bronies and pegasisters have to say about a movie or any other feature length film.

Honestly, I would love to see something where the Mane 6's friendship is completely torn to the point of everypony going their separate ways, only to come back together at the end to stop a great force (Discord, a Night Mare Moon-like villan, etc.). -cue Pinkie Pie's Smile song-

I live action MLP would be hilarious but creepy.

I'd be scared if there was a movie. What if FIM went down the road of Spongebob afterwards and just became dumb?

My exact fear of MLP! When a show get's a feature length film they tend to lose something afterwards...

But to reply to your statement that I bolded. I know of a way to this that might come across as not creepy.

I was think of what if we turned the Fan Fic My Little Dashie into a movie. (For those who don't know MLD is basically the story of a man who finds a filly Rainbow Dash and raises it. It is famous for being probably the saddest fan fic out there, it is probably the only story that has moved me to tears)

Now to keep the creepiness down I think it would be best if the Ponies stay as 2D animations.

Like....

post-461-0-92337100-1326694423_thumb.gif

I think it would make for a very adorable movie! Though I highly doubt it would ever happen... well unless a team of dedicated fans make it themselves!

Other than that for an actual MLPFIM movie I'd like it to end off the series. I have the series down as lasting 5 seasons with the fandom starting to slowly diminish around the end of season 3. I feel a feature length film should act as some grand finale! As for plot it would be the ultimate test of strength for each character. I'd see them going the route of having a huge overwhelming concept which I think is fine for a finale but they really need to stick to the characters, the characters are everything! I'd see them trying to do too much to please the fans and make the characters act lackluster.

That's just my view on what probably would happen.

I don't think it needs a movie. I don't like it when they try to make movies out of shows. Usually, it doesn't go well and I end up disliking the movie. They should just make maybe a SPECIAL, as in, an hour long episode or something like that. That'd probably work better.

• Brohoof 7

I don't think it needs a movie. I don't like it when they try to make movies out of shows. Usually, it doesn't go well and I end up disliking the movie. They should just make maybe a SPECIAL, as in, an hour long episode or something like that. That'd probably work better.

I agree completely. :)

Also this would allow the tv show to maintain the same level of awe and appeal. Once a movie is made (assuming it is done well) it is often difficult for the original show to keep fans as it becomes somewhat boring compared to the action-packed dawww-fest that occured in the film.

My 2 cents

A plot would entirely depend on if by "Movie" you mean "Made for TV movie", "Direct-to-DVD movie" or "Theatrical-release movie".

For example, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie was a Theatrical release, whereas Recess: The Movie was directly shown on TV and subsequently released for DVD, but never was shown or made for cinemas.

Following that decision, I seriously doubt any of the plot would be in the slightest influenced by the fans beyond what had already been infused to the creators by the point that they drafted the story. No amount of petitions or emails or requests to read fan-fictions would sway the Production or funding Company for the making of a movie.

Doesn't stop wishful thinking though.

Edited by Blue

A plot would entirely depend on if by "Movie" you mean "Made for TV movie", "Direct-to-DVD movie" or "Theatrical-release movie".

For example, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie was a Theatrical release, whereas Recess: The Movie was directly shown on TV and subsequently released for DVD, but never was shown or made for cinemas.

Following that decision, I seriously doubt any of the plot would be in the slightest influenced by the fans beyond what had already been infused to the creators by the point that they drafted the story. No amount of petitions or emails or requests to read fan-fictions would sway the Production or funding Company for the making of a movie.

Doesn't stop wishful thinking though.

Made for TV might be the best for FiM, I don't see a theatrical release going well.

i would love to see an animated movie of this i think it would be very interesting i mean to me the show has an anime feel to it that makes me love it and a movie would be great the longer the better because at times the show seems to short.

My Little Pony: Fly Hard.

Twelve Diamond Dogs. One pony.

The odds are against Rainbow Dash...

That's just the way she likes it.

Rainbow Dash goes to visit Twilight Sparkle at a Hearth's Warming Day party at the Nakaponi plaza, when the Diamond Dogs arive and take everypony hostage, claiming it's to teach the Princess Celestia a lesson for her greed. Rainbow Dash must take down the Diamond Dogs one by one, and learn about their true motive: To steal the vault of gems hidden beneath the Nakaponi building.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know back in the 80s I really enjoyed the My Little Pony movie. (Haven't seen it since I was a kid - don't know how well it holds up today...)

So my vote is for: YES.