Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Movie Discussion

Espionage

So feel free to discuss any thoughts, concerns, ideas, or anything regarding a My Little Pony movie. I'd love to hear what my fellow bronies and pegasisters have to say about a movie or any other feature length film.

would be cool cauz it would be a brony meet up by accident

I'm pretty sure the movie will involve some kind of epic battle between Discord and Luna whereby the mane 6 are all imprisoned except Twilight who must learn some crazy strong magic spell from Celestia to save the other 5 but Luna has to defeat Discord first because he has some kind of magic barrier blocking the entrance to the Castle of Chaos which he just built with is magic which also happens to be chaotic in every way, including the ability to be stronger than everypony elses at times. The only way to defeat him is for Twilight, Celestia, and Luna to join forces and strike when his magic is the weakest but there's no way for them to know without using the elements of harmony which they can't use until they free the other mane 5. So they have to find some kind of way to sneak into the castle and fight all kinds of enemies to reach the dungeon where they're being held hostage.

• Brohoof 6

I think a movie would sell very well with the public.

The bad guys need to be up to something really big. I would pick the monsters in the Everfree forest. Currently they are held back from eating ponies by an invisible barrier. But what if that barrier was broken down?

Enter the villains: Manticores. The monsterous answer to the pony. They can go anywhere a pony can, even walking on clouds.

A manticore mastermind is the main villain, rallying first the others of his kind and then all the monsters. The goal is to identify the device powering the barrier and destroy it. At that point, monsters will rule Equestria, with ponies serving as both slaves and a food source.

Celestia and Luna are forced to call up the Equestrian army to keep the Everfree borders safe.

Ponyville, built at the edge of the forest is ground zero for all the action.

The Elements of Harmony and the 6 heroines of Equestria are once again called into action. But since this is a movie we get to see more. Each of the elements grant the bearer powers based on the harmonious element itself. Each pony gets a moment to shine.

Movies are also good to introduce other characters, and this is the oportunity to introduce strong, likeable stallions. Though romance was never part of the show, a few exchanged glances between Fluttershy and Big Mac would set the tounges a waggin in Bronyville.

I think a big production movie would be perfect for this show and demonstrate just how much a fan base there is.

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 1

I would like a prequel showing discord, Luna and Celestia's past.

At this point, if I had to make a FIM movie right now it would be wise to make it a prequel because the show hasn't been aired long enough for there to be a major event right after the first 2 seasons. It should also lead up to how Luna became Night Mare Moon (in a more detailed way, of course). Though, I'm still baffled on how the Mane 6 will play in a prequel. I honestly think a movie won't come out until after the 3rd season.

• Brohoof 1

A movie of the show can involve some really big plot, like Discord coming back as Apple Bloom said. Something like the near destruction of Equestria, or Celestia is unable to help the ponies in some way in their adventure. I think if there will be a movie, I think an hour long special should be it. Not Direct to DVD or theateres.

The father of Celestia and Luna gets awoken. He is more powerful than anyone and wants to control equestria. He starts by turning Celestia to stone, capturing the heroes of Equestria (Mane 6) and hiding the elements of harmony. He seems to be in total control, but he didn't realize that he had captured Derpy with the mane 6 instead of Pinkie Pie. So she seems to be the only hope for equestria. She needs to retrieve the elements of harmony and use them to defeat this evil alicorn, but she cant do it alone, so spike and the cutie mark crusaders offer to help her. Each one needs to bear one of the elements, Pinkie is laughter, sweetie is generosity, applebloom is honesty, scootaloo is loyalty, spike is kindness (or you might wanna find another pony who suits this role better) but they still need magic, and thats when Luna appears, helping to save her sister and all of equestria.

The six retrieve the elements and use them to break the spell and release the others. Twilight, Luna and Celestia fight and try to defeat the evil guy, but even with elements and all, it's still useless, and then, when everything seems lost, Luna and Celestia use a final spell, banishing their father but also banishing themselves, In celestias last moment in equestria, she tells Twilight that she must be the new ruler of equestria and that she'll always be with them, and then she's gone.

Of course everyone is sad about this, and then is when Pinkie starts singing and epic song (like Smile, Smile, Smile, but it would have to be even epicer) wich makes everyone realize that they must go on and bla bla bla.

Of course that would be the end of the show, but wouldnt it be cool?

Edited by Eenohay

Its possible. Since the MLP fanbase is big.

Hey if Browncoats, like me, got our Firefly movie. Who's to say bronies can't pull off the support for this?

Why almost everyone imagined MLP movie will be all about fighting? :(

Wouldn't it be just awesome if the movie was about... friendship?

Posted Image

Lol j/k. I hope it was about death and blood

Who says it can't be both? They fought against Discord, and the thing that let them beat him WAS their bond.

TIREC! He would be the villain! It would be such a huge throwback and a marker to show how far this show has come!

What ever it is about, they should do what Kamen Rider does with their movies and make net movies

They are basically webisodes that mostly just used for 4th wall breaking jokes... this past year they did shorts on "Which is your Birth Rider"

So basically they could do something like that, and say something like if your blood type is AB and your born under the star ______ the you are _______... then the webisode will play off that with similar scenes to how you/ the pony would react to it

The recent Net Movie had ones like "Lucky color" "Lucky food" "lucky item" and had some where the riders held a press comference and told the audience of how they are mistreated

What ever it is about, they should do what Kamen Rider does with their movies and make net movies

They are basically webisodes that mostly just used for 4th wall breaking jokes... this past year they did shorts on "Which is your Birth Rider"

So basically they could do something like that, and say something like if your blood type is AB and your born under the star ______ the you are _______... then the webisode will play off that with similar scenes to how you/ the pony would react to it

The recent Net Movie had ones like "Lucky color" "Lucky food" "lucky item" and had some where the riders held a press comference and told the audience of how they are mistreated

Maybe not as a movie, but that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea! :huh:

I'm pretty sure the movie will involve some kind of epic battle between Discord and Luna whereby the mane 6 are all imprisoned except Twilight who must learn some crazy strong magic spell from Celestia to save the other 5 but Luna has to defeat Discord first because he has some kind of magic barrier blocking the entrance to the Castle of Chaos which he just built with is magic which also happens to be chaotic in every way, including the ability to be stronger than everypony elses at times; the only way to defeat him is for Twilight, Celestia, and Luna to join forces and strike when his magic is the weakest but there's no way for them to know without using the elements of harmony which they can't use until they free the other mane 5, so they have to find some kind of way to sneak into the castle and fight all kinds of enemies to reach the dungeon where they're being held hostage.

Woah. That's one hell of a run-on right there.

Well, for making a movie...it wouldn't ruin the show as one pony said, I mean, they made a movie of Spongebob, didn't they (even though it's a cartoon, best movie EVER)? But, yeah, maybe not this early in the series, they should at least wait until season 3. Until then, they could run specials every now and then, like Hearth's Warming Eve and such.

• Brohoof 2