Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Mane 6 Character Episodes

Shanks

So everypony what are your favorite episodes involving each of the Mane 6 characters? For me it would be

Applejack~Virtually any episode with her in it is instant gold to me, what can I say she is my favorite.

edit: it is now Apple Family Reunion because it really tugged at my heart strings seeing Applejack try to make everything perfect honor the memory of her parents.

Pinkie Pie~Mmmmystery on the Friendship Express: Pinkie Pie makes such a lousy detective it is hilarious she actually accuse Muelia of being a ninja seriously LOL

Fluttershy~Putting Your Hoof Down: As someone who has also gone way too far with assertiveness I can relate, I will admit I was surprised that a fight didn't break out after Fluttershy said "no" though.

Twilight Sparkle~Lesson Zero: Before I saw this episode I didn't think it was possible for any of the Mane 6 to be more over the top than Pinkie Pie, I guess the fact that it was so unexpected really added to the humor for me.

Rainbow Dash~Read it And Weep: I actually rewatched this episode again this morning and I like the message of trying new things and seeing Rainbow Dash in particular having a new interest.

Rarity~A Dog And Pony Show: Seeing Rarity play the diamond dogs for chumps was hilarious and for once actually had me rooting for Rarity.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack is my favourite too, so any time she is focused on is a sweet time for me. That said, I didn't think the sleepover episode with her, Rarity and Twilight (I forget the names of a lot of the episodes). I think "The Last Roundup" was her best episode because it just showed her stubbornness, her independence and determination, but also her major vulnerabilities. However it had a bit of a flaw in it: although AJ was working hard to send money back to the town, she was leaving her family SOL in terms of running their farm, so that was a bit problematic. 

Pinkie Pie: Swarm of the Century was pretty cool, but I guess she was more of a background pony for much of it. I totally loved her focused badass facial expression while looking ridiculous playing a harmonica, accordion, tuba and banjo. I really liked "Party of One" and "Too Many Pinkie Pies" since both showed that Pinkie's love of, and need for, her friends is also her weakness. She is so cute. Dude I just love Pinkie Pie. 

Fluttershy: "Hurricane Fluttershy" probably--although I guess she wasn't super kind in it. "Putting Your Hoof Down" didn't really showcase Fluttershy's personality since she was being a jerk. Jeez, do any of Fluttershy's episodes have her being the shy sweetie we know and love? 

Rarity: The one where she makes all the dresses. It shows her generosity for a change. ;)

Will get back to you on the others; I kind of need to review them first. 

Rarity: The one where she makes all the dresses. It shows her generosity for a change. ;)

Yeah they don't show that side of her nearly enough, she is like a reverse Mary Sue with how her negative traits are seriously overemphasized which is a shame because she has a lot of potential as a character.

Rainbow Dash- Read it and Weep

Probably my favorite episode in the series. Dash was adorable and hilarious throughout it all, although Sonic Rainboom might have developed her character a bit better.

Pinkie Pie- Party of One

I think this was the episode where I had the long coming epiphany that there was a lot of depth to Pinkie's personality, and I apologized for not realizing it sooner by promoting her to second best pony.

Fluttershy- Hurricane Fluttershy

I loved watching her overcome her fears, and when they completed the tornado was one of the most satisfying moments in the series.

Applejack- Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000

While this episode was more about the Apple family as a whole rather than just Applejack, it did showcase her integrity and dedication, two of her best traits.

Twilight Sparkle- It's About Time

I don't have a lot to say about this one, but they played up Twilight's eccentricity and made it funny and interesting rather than downright creepy like in Lesson Zero

Rarity- Suited for Success

This was the episode that made me like Rarity. We're pretty fundamentally different people but this one let me sort of see how she thinks and it portrayed her positively, which is a plus. The song was super and I owed Rarity an apology after the episode.

Edited by DashForever

How are we doing this? Episodes that concentrate on each character or just the episodes we think shine for that character even if it has plenty of the rest in too? Either way I hate just picking 1 :(

AJ - Super Cider/Last Round up. Undecided.

Fluttershy - Dragonshy probably. Possibly Stare Master too even though that's also CMC heavy. Neither takes her too far into the meanness.

Pinkie - Party of One. Not a great Pinkie fan and this is the least Pinkie or the Pinkie episodes I guess. Griffon the Brush-Off too I guess, though once again, screen time is shared with another.

Rainbow - Sonic Rainboom?

Rarity - Suited for Success/Sweet n Elite/Sisterhooves Social. Whichever, all amazing.

Twilight - Lesson Zero. Somewhat amusing episode. Perhaps Winter Wrap up if that counts?

Edited by Turpow

Applejack- Sisterhoof Social, though she wasn't the main character, her dialogue in the episode was just hilarious at some spots.

Rarity- Sister-hoof Social, This basically made Rarity my Favorite

Rainbow Dash- Read it and Weep, I love this episode, and Rainbow was great in it

Pinkie- Too many Pinkie Pies, top notch episode

Twilight- Magic Duel

Fluttershy- Dragonshy

• Brohoof 3

This is going to be tough but here goes...

Fluttershy- Putting Your Hoof Down. I actually enjoyed Flutterrage. It'd be cool if she had an abrasive side again this season. Dragonshy is a close second.

Pinkie- Party Of One. Do I even need to explain myself here?

Applejack- I have to go with Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 here. Seeing Applejack in a dispute and bringing out her cowgirl side was really enjoyable.

Rarity- A Dog And A Pony Show. The ONLY time I've actually liked Rarity in the series.

Twilight- A Canterlot Wedding. She was just portrayed excellent in that two parter.

Dashie- Sonic Rainboom. It proves why Dashie is best pony.

Edited by SuperUltimateBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight - It's About Time. While I did love her insanity in Lesson Zero, It's About Time showed that she's come very far with magic, and she's almost as insane in it too.

Pinkie - Too Many Pinkie Pies. Some people may think that Pinkie is a bit one-dimensional, but this episode showed that she actually has a lot of emotion and depth.

Applejack - The Last Roundup. Showed her stubborness the best in my opinion. I thought it was sweet that she wanted to earn money before coming back, and how much her friends wanted her back.

Rainbow Dash - Sonic Rainboom. I love when Dashie is heroic, and this episode showed that perfectly.

Rarity - Suited for Success. This episode shows that Rarity isn't just a diva and truly has a generous side. And dat song.

Fluttershy - Hurricane Fluttershy. This is my favorite episode of the entire series, because I have PTSD and often experience symptoms similar to what Fluttershy experiences. It also shows real strength of character for her.

• Brohoof 2

rainbowdash- may the best pet win!

fluttershy- the best night ever

twilight sparkle- lesson zero

rarity- the best night ever

pinkie pie- too many pinkie pies

applejack- super speedy cider squeezy 6000

Rainbow Dash - Sonic Rainboom. It's my favorite episode of all time, so this is a no brainer.

Fluttershy - Hurricane Fluttershy. Second favorite episode, and very sweet.

Rarity - A Dog and Pony Show. The Diamond Dogs were cool, and Rarity was at her best.

Twilight Sparkle - Lesson Zero. Twilight going insane was hilarious.

Applejack - The Last Roundup. One of the funniest episodes yet.

Pinkie Pie - Party of One. Same as Lesson Zero, but better.

• Brohoof 1

Ok time to think.. :P

Fluttershy: Well this ones pretty easy for me, so far "Hurricane Fluttershy" is my favorite Fluttershy episode. Its just a good episode, it has Fluttershy in it. And yeah :D

Twilight:Hmm.. Ugh this ones tough, I wanna put this between The Trixie episode we just had with her in it("Magic duel") And "Lesson Zero". I think I'll pick "Lesson Zero", Simply because its older, and because its more of a twilight centered episode.

Rainbow dash:(Ugh this favorite episode thing is harder then I though :P) I'm gonna have to choose "May the best pet win".

Applejack: Wow Applejack has alot of apparently based around her episodes.. Problem is she doesn't get much screentime in half of them :P. I think I'm gonna have to pick "Last roundup". I can't really say why, but I picked it over picking "over a barrel". Which I kinda enjoyed actually, but it doesn't actually have that much AJ in it anyways.

Rarity: I guess I'm gonna have to pick "Sweet and Elite" Because "Sisterhoove Social" is sweetiebelles episode. Even if it has alot of rarity in it :P. Its the first episode I actually started liking rarity in.

Pinkie pie: This ones hard.. I enjoy Pinkies episode all quite alot actually. I guess I'm gonna pick Baby cakes.. Just because idk. I liked it, And I don't really wanna pick any S3 episodes because they haven't had a good chance to settle in like the rest have.

Phew.. This episode picking thing is hard for me, I like all the episodes to evenly lol.

Jeez louise, how did I forget "A Friend In Deed" though? That may be the best Pinkie episode, I mean it has "Smile Smile Smile" in it! I was absolutely floored when I first heard that song. Although I'm not sure it's the best lesson... if someone doesn't want to be your friend, keep forcing it until they give in? Still, it was lovely, seeing how much Pinkie wants her buddies to be happy.

Yeah they don't show that side of her nearly enough, she is like a reverse Mary Sue with how her negative traits are seriously overemphasized which is a shame because she has a lot of potential as a character.

And Rainbow Dash is a ponified Donald Duck! seriously though, there are episodes out there that give Rarity some extra dimensions, Suited for success is perhaps the best remembered, The best night ever had her give Celestia's snobbish distant nephew a particularily brutal reason-you-suck speech, Sweet and Elite was about her inner conflict over whether impressing the Canterlot elite was more impotant than her friends and she was well used in secret of my excess by practically tapping into Spike's memories and reversing the change brought on by greed which by the end of the episode made Spike (ping pongs back and forth between Element of logic and spirit of determination) determined to learn how how to fight his instincts.

You could say that Rainbow Dash also has her flaws emphasized more than her virtues, but once again, since she is basically Donald Duck in the form of blue mare, that is to be expected.

I know he isn't one of the Mane six but Spike is still a very important main character (and my favorite) nonetheless so I'm adding him.

Spike: Owls well that ends well, hands down, really shows that despite being a tactless slacker, Spike often takes his role as Twilight's sidekick very seriously.  It also showed his jealous side, which I think he is more prone to than greed, which he's learning to overcome.

Twilight:Look before you sleep is pretty high on my list because listening to her in that episode, made it obvious that she has Aspergers, making it easier for me to relate to her.

Fluttershy: Putting your hoof down

Rarity: Sweet and Elite

Pinkie Pie: Party of one

Applejack: the last roundup

Rainbow Dash: Read it and weep

• 2 months later...

To appreciate each of the six mane which episode was you favorite that focused on that mane six?

Pinkie Pie: A Friend in Deed

Rainbow Dash: May the Best Pet Win

Applejack: Fall Weather Friends

Rarity: Sweet and Elite

Twilight Sparkle: Canterlot Wedding

Fluttershy: Keep Calm and Flutter On (this one was a tough one because I like all Fluttershy episodes.)

Edited by poniesforfun
  • Brohoof 6

Hmm--never really thought about this much.  I'd have to go with...

Pinkie Pie: Party of One, because Pinkamena.

Rainbow Dash:  First choice would be Sleepless in Ponyville (b/c d'awww), but since that's more of a Scootaloo episode I'd go with May the Best Pet Win, as well.

Applejack:  Applebuck Season

Rarity:  Art of the Dress (erm, that episode.  "Suited for Success.")

Fluttershy:  Hurricane Fluttershy (and not just because it made my inner flutterdash-shipper squee, either!)

(As for Twilight and Spike, Lesson Zero and Just for Sidekicks, respectively.)

Rarity: Sweet and Elite (Seeing as it's my all time favorite episode and all)

Pinkie Pie: Party of One (I didn't like Too Many Pinkie Pies, and her other's aren't that good...)

Applejack: Whatever the heck the one was where Flim and Flam were introduced.

Rainbow: I really don't know (She always seems like more of a jerk then usual in her episodes)

Fluttershy: Hurricane Fluttershy

Twi: Lesson Zero

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle: Tricky. Maybe Winter Wrap Up or Friendship is Magic 1 & 2

Applejack: Apple Family Reunion

Rarity: Suited for Success

Rainbow Dash: Sonic Rainboom/Wonderbolt Academy

Pinkie Pie: Party of One

• Brohoof 3

If I had to pick my favorite episodes with one of the 6 it would be.

Pinkie Pie- Baby Cakes.

Rainbow Dash- Wonderbolt Academy

Applejack- Applebuck Season

Fluttershy- Hurricane Fluttershy 

Rarity-Sweet and Elite

Twilight- Magical Mystery Cure (Kinda a group episode, but the main focus is on Twilight and her evaluation.)

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Pinkie Pie: A friend in deed

Rainbow Dash: Sleepless in Ponyville Scootadash :3

Twiley: Magic duel *season 3*

Rarity: Secret of my excess

Applejack: Apple family reunion 

That is hard trying to figure out which episodes were my favorite o.O! Time so see what season 4 will bring.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight: Lesson Zero

Rainbow Dash: Wonderbolts Academy.

Applejack: Apple Family Reunion

Best Pony: Tie between A Dog and Pony Show and Sweet and Elite.

Fluttershy: Hurricane Fluttershy (the episode that introduced me to the show).

Pinkie Pie: Too Many Pinkie Pies!

Group episode: Best Night Ever.

Spike: Secret of my Excess

CMC: Hearts and Hooves Day.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

Twilight: It's About Time (Time travel shenanigans always amuse me)

RD: Read It And Weep (Mostly for the brony parallels)

Fluttershy: A Bird In The Hoof (Also the last documented use of the Benny Hill soundalike)

Rarity: A Dog And Pony Show (It was this episode that got me hooked on Ponies)

Applejack: Applebuck Season (Kelp? I don't need kelp! I don't even like seaweed!)

Pinkie Pie: A Friend In Deed (I've been in Pinkie's horseshoes with that sort of thing)

Applebloom: Ponyville Confidential (As though I have a lot of options here...)

Sweetie Belle: Sisterhooves Social (Dat Impression)

Scootaloo: Sleepless in Ponyville (At least this one is a good episode anyway)

Edited by Pokota
  • Brohoof 2