Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why hasn't Derpy had a big spotting yet?

Lost Profile

Is Hasbro still concerned about the Derpy issue?

I was looking after my 2 cousins, they're pregasisters... And they wanted to know if Iv seen Derpy yet... I haven't.. I remember reading somewhere that Derpy was in the cristle empire, rewatched it, nope didn't see her... My cousins really want to see her again, I do too, and I bet you want too also...

So am I going to half to go around the web posting notes

Missing

(Image)

Derpy hoves

Last seen in season 2

Edited by villan97
  • Brohoof 3

Derpy WAS in one part of the Crystal Empire. She was in the jousting scene by the hub logo behind a Crystal Pony. I don't know about the other episodes: If it wasn't screen image causing purpleness, the theater scene may have been another background pony.

There are rumours going around that due to the complaints that were made following the Last Roundup that hasbro has asked DHX media to phase out Derpy. Making sure she has less onscreen appearances.

This is merely a rumour, but current episodes seem to sadly corroborate. 

• Brohoof 4

Actually I believe there was a sighting in the last episode;

s3derpyhead.jpg

It's difficult to tell, but it looks like her. Perhaps we haven't seen the end of Derpy yet.

• Brohoof 4

s3derpyhead.jpg

It's difficult to tell, but it looks like her. Perhaps we haven't seen the end of Derpy yet.

s3derpyhead.jpg

That picture actually shows the bad thing that is happening. 

You see, Derpy was used as a Where's waldo sort of thing back in season 2. 

This proves they got rid of that, and she is now just a regular old background pony. Why? Because there shouldn't be two of her. Most likely since they don't want to get more angry letters. 

It's saddening, but they probably just want to phase her out in a way. 

• Brohoof 3

I really hope Derpy never gets an episode. She's fine being a little easter egg. I see her more as the Waldo of Friendship is Magic. She's fun to spot, but that's about it. 

Edited by Dismajo
  • Brohoof 3

Maybe they're just making it harder to spot her for fun? I mean come on, she's always been this soort of 'Where's Waldo' thing, so maybe the artists just stepped up their game in hiding her? ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Derpy is the "Big the Cat" of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Seriously, though. Hasbro's probably just more cautious than before. However there has been sightings as shown above.

I really hope Derpy never gets an episode. She's fine being a little easter egg. I see her more as the Waldo of Friendship is Magic. She's fun to spot, but that's about it.

Her having an episode is a horrible idea. I know that the writers like to please the fans, but I doubt that they would go that far.

Edited by Dusk the Raider
  • Brohoof 1

I wish they'd make a derby episode just to anger the complainers.. I mean, change her voice so she doesn't seem odd or whatever. But keep the eyes and the antics :P

Sir, that's not how Hasbro does. They don't like controversy, so they're not gonna make an even more controversial episode.

As for the topic at hand, though I haven't personally seen her at all this season, there is proof enough that she has been in it. Just look at the other posts on this thread.

Unless everyone agrees that Derpy should get a new name that doesn't have anything relatable to ableism or anything that even remotely offensive, pretty sure she will never get the spotlight for herself.

Unfortunately, as we all know, this fandom sometimes hates canon that went against fanon (fanon and canon pony blindbag names, people tries to correct' the canon plotholes to make it match their fanon theories, stuff like that), so even if they made an episode that features a blonde grey pegasus that is not by any means offensive, it's the fans who will get royally pissed. Might as well play it safe and put Derpy as far away as humanly possible from the screen.

• Brohoof 1

That picture actually shows the bad thing that is happening.

You see, Derpy was used as a Where's waldo sort of thing back in season 2.

This proves they got rid of that, and she is now just a regular old background pony. Why? Because there shouldn't be two of her. Most likely since they don't want to get more angry letters.

It's saddening, but they probably just want to phase her out in a way.

It's not like this is the first time something like this has happened. I think there was once a scene with like four of her in Sonic Rainboom.

It's not like this is the first time something like this has happened. I think there was once a scene with like four of her in Sonic Rainboom.

You are missing the point. That was before they made Derpy into the Where's waldo thing. 

The creators treated her amazingly in season 2.

Now, they are just treating her again like what you just said, meaning they are hoping for her to fade away.

It may be possible that they are saving her for her own big part. Just a theory though. It would be cool if they gave her own episode (not likely) but she could just make a huge appearance later

There are rumours going around that due to the complaints that were made following the Last Roundup that hasbro has asked DHX media to phase out Derpy. Making sure she has less onscreen appearances.

Oh...I hope that's not true! I would hate to see Derpy leave us.... we'll have to wait for more episodes to see. So I guess we'll all have to keep a close eye. Personally, I can never find Derpy....it's amazing how observant some people are. :P I could never notice Derpy in some of those places....

I don't think Hasbro would remove Derpy because of complaints. Their not the type (at least, I don't think) so we still have hope! 

I'm quite unsure that this rumor is true for two reasons.

1. Throughout the season, Derpy's appearances have become less subtle. Her first appearance was one small three-quarter view in the corner next to the logo, where almost no one saw her. In Too Many Pinkie Pies had her in the lower corner, with her head facing the library, but it was in the middle of the screen. I spotted her rather quickly here. Magic Duel was where we saw some portion of her face for the first time this season.
  2. Hasbro marketed Derpy to the community following the drama. Her Comic-Con toy (when it was air-mailed) was sold out within one hour, and Funko (an official Hasbro sponsor) recently produced Derpy* vinyls. Her first vinyl batch got sold out very quickly. Both toys featured her cute derpy eyes.

*The vinyl officially confirmed her name to be "Derpy." The UPC code and Sethisto's receipt specified the vinyl as "Derpy."

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

Ok well judging from the fact that derpy hasn't been having many onscreen appearances, I'm assuming its because Hasbro made the Last roundup and had all of S2 finished probably around the same time, thus derpy had more appearances then.

Now I think shes got a chance of going back to a really hard to spot Background pony. Its sad, but I'm starting to fear it may be the truth. It would make sense to since S3 would be after the last roundup thing.

Maybe their gonna have an episode about accepting people with disabilities and not judging them? That or the stupid haters got to them.

I think if they did it right a Derpy episode could be good. But then again I would be happy with more background sightings.

• Brohoof 3

I was beginning to think that Derpy was gone. Just earlier today, I was watching the season 3 episodes looking for Derps.

Derpy must love hide n' seek.  :P