Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do after the end of the show?

Sky Warden

First, let me say my sorry if this has been discussed before. Now, if you excuse me.

Well, I'm new to the community, but I love this fandom very much. I enjoy almost every (You know, #34) component in this fandom. The drawings, fanfics, merchandishes, fanmade musics, roleplays, all of them are magnificent and for a fan of a show, got to say, you are all awesome by making this fandom so alive. I'm proud that I join this community, and to have fun with you bronies. This is the nicest and happiest community I know since it does charities and restores people faith of humanity with its slogan "Love and Tolerate" or at least, this is the only community I know where the people speaks politely and kind to the other. :lol:

This is the greates fandom I've ever know, but there's one thing that always floating in my mind. The show, someday and somehow, will end. I hope it will be very far-far away in the future. I've seen the death of many fandoms before, and it's just, you know, kinda painful. This invokes me to ask you guys. What will you do when the show end? Will you stay in this fandom? Or leave?

Me personally, I will stay in the fandom until this fandom is really (really) dead, but how about you? How long will you stay in the fandom after the end of the show?

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 3

The fandom shall not die!

Ok it will die, we all know that. I'll still enjoy talking about the show and continue I read the fanfic's etc. so I guess ha counts me as "in the fandom".

• Brohoof 3

From the words of the Doctor himself "Everything has its time, Nothing can last forever" Of course this means the fandom will eventually die off which will be one of the saddest moments in my eyes. But I don't think that will happen for a very long time. As for when the show ends I will always be here in the fandom reading and making fan fics and enjoying all of the other various fan material!

• Brohoof 4

I like to not think about that stuff, it's best to enjoy what we already made, a huge fandom of which is, in my bias opinion, the best damn fandom ever. I'm proud of all the bronies and I'll stray away from the horrid thought of it's end, but when the show ends, I'll be sad, yeah, but G5 is always a possibility... 

But yeah, enjoy the moments we can have, and always may your hooves be bro'd!

• Brohoof 7

let me ask you this; What are the...(What are the fans of Harry Potter called?)...well what ever they are called, what are they doing right now? There are no more books, there are no more movies. I feel that this is a good indication for what will happen after MLP:FIM ends

• Brohoof 4

Even when the show ends, I will still be here...

Even when the community dies, I will always carry the memories I've made in my mind and the magic of friendship I've experienced in my heart and soul....

However, I can see the fandom outliving the show for an extremely long time, maybe on the order of decades. I, like most here, have many big pony-related dreams to live out, that I will live out, regardless of whether Hasbro pulls the plug on the show someday.

Our community may have started with the show, but we've become so much more, and we will live on even when new episodes stop airing.

So let's stop worrying about losing our ponies in the future and enjoy the experience for today. Carpe diem everypony!

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 5

Aye! I'm enjoying the moment we can have now. It has been a good time since I joint the community. Just want to see your opinion about it. Glad to hear that you will stay in the fandom.
Oh, About those dead fandoms, I'm still in the Age of Empire II fandom guys. :lol:

Edited by Sky Warden

I'll still watch all the old episodes. Maybe there'll be a new generation we can all love. I really don't think the fandom will ever die. The show may, but I think the fandom will live on.

• Brohoof 3

let me ask you this; What are the...(What are the fans of Harry Potter called?)...well what ever they are called, what are they doing right now? There are no more books, there are no more movies. I feel that this is a good indication for what will happen after MLP:FIM ends

So they re-read the books, talk about it, etc. and applied to this fandom it's saying that we will continue on even though there are no new episodes? I'm correct right?

• Brohoof 1

So they re-read the books, talk about it, etc. and applied to this fandom it's saying that we will continue on even though there are no new episodes? I'm correct right?

Aye. Drink up me hearties. We will keep sailin.

Maybe they will make the next generation in 3d. Well, that 3d ponies sounds weird to me. :lol:

Wait! For the love of Celestia! How about those Twilight fans? :lol:

Ye know what Twilight I was squawkin about right? :P

Edited by Sky Warden

Did I see something about Harry Potter? That was totally going to be half my comment!

I'd stick to the show. Reruns aren't that bad. I love the show, and I'd probably stick with the fandom until its dying breath. It's not often I love something this much.

After all, the last Harry Potter book was released over five years ago, and I still read the series addictively. Why would I abandon ponies, which I love quite as much as I love wizards? 

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 3

Aye. Drink up me hearties. We will keep sailin.

Maybe they will make the next generation in 3d. Well, that 3d ponies sounds weird to me. :lol:

Wait! How about those Twilight fans? :lol:

Ye know what Twilight I was talking about right? -_-

3-D ponies? Why not do that right now...?

Now I want 3-D ponies...

Also, fan things will still be made, you know, things like fan music, fan fiction, fan shows, fan music.

• Brohoof 1

precisely. My Little Pony has gained a fandom that is arguably bigger and more dedicated then Harry Potter. There is very little chance that we will simply dissolve after MLP ends.

• Brohoof 2

3-D ponies? Why not do that right now...?

Now I want 3-D ponies...

Also, fan things will still be made, you know, things like fan music, fan fiction, fan shows, fan music.

I see. That's gonna be swashbuckling. More fan things, but in case of that sparkling Twilight, *shudder*. Sorry guys, I can't stand those sparkling vampires. :lol:

precisely. My Little Pony has gained a fandom that is arguably bigger and more dedicated then Harry Potter. There is very little chance that we will simply dissolve after MLP ends.

That's the spirit. Glad to hear that ye guys will stay in the crew even after the end of the show. Since I found and watched the show, I can't stand any single day without ponies.

• Brohoof 2

I can't believe I'm saying this, but... MLP has replaced Harry Potter as most important fandom in my life. And I'm probably the biggest Harry Potter freak in the southeastern United States. (I may or may not be exaggerating.)

That's the spirit. Glad to hear that ye guys will stay in the crew even after the end of the show. Since I found and watched the show, I can't stand any single day without ponies.

So... I'm not alone?

The MLP Fandom, I think, has evolved to the point that it probably doesn't even need the show to continue to thrive.

• Brohoof 3

I'll still watch all the old episodes. Maybe there'll be a new generation we can all love. I really don't think the fandom will ever die. The show may, but I think the fandom will live on.

I will personally do this and hope that the next generation will just as great. Heck the next generation can be a sequel to the first (they made sequels of other cartoons and shows so why not freindship is magic)

As for the fandom I'm not worried as much. Sure one day we may die out, but I know that a fandom doesn't go away that easily

Star wars

These movies ended years ago and their fandom is still going strong today. It's so strong that (star wars for the sake of argument) the series has been on the market and rebooted in countless times and ways such as prequels, cartoons, video games, merchandise, etc.

The point is even after the original series ends our fandom will remain strong, so strong we may bring it back for rebuts, sequels, whatever.

Relax, enjoy the series and worry about the future when it comes.

• Brohoof 3

I can't believe I'm saying this, but... MLP has replaced Harry Potter as most important fandom in my life. And I'm probably the biggest Harry Potter freak in the southeastern United States. (I may or may not be exaggerating.)

So... I'm not alone?

The MLP Fandom, I think, has evolved to the point that it probably doesn't even need the show to continue to thrive.

Well, in some points I agree with ye. I can wait patiently for the new episodes, but I can't survive a day without sailing to this forum or another fan seas.

As for the fandom I'm not worried as much. Sure one day we may die out, but I know that a fandom doesn't go away that easily

Star wars

These movies ended years ago and their fandom is still going strong today. It's so strong that (star wars for the sake of argument) the series has been on the market and rebooted in countless times and ways such as prequels, cartoons, video games, merchandise, etc.

The point is even after the original series ends our fandom will remain strong, so strong we may bring it back for rebuts, sequels, whatever.

Drink up me hearties yo ho! The fan ship shall prevail.

• Brohoof 1

What will I do at the end of the show? Basically, just find something new to watch. I love the show, but I won't feel grief stricken when it finally runs it's course. It's only 22 minutes a week, after all, and I have every episode to date if I wish to watch them again. As the Beatles would say. "Oh blah dee oh bla da life goes on!"

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

As I stated in another topic, I'll be the first to go the their headquarters to protest! I will fight for the show and I think I'll be able to gather large group of people to go with me. If the show dies, I'll die with it, right under their headquarters! :angry:

BTW: Who would want to kill one of the last good things on the earth?!

Edited by ShadowSong