Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you do after the end of the show?

Sky Warden

Seeing as the Darkwing duck, gargoyles, Ducktales fandom is still around, without having the virtue of developing in an age of untold social comunication, I dont see this fandom going anywhere for decades to come. It may slow down, but die? I don't think so. Heck the thunder cats fandom was still around. 

What I would do... hmm...

I'd enjoy it just as I have been while it's still around but I agree that when it ends, I won't get super dramatic over it.  However, I'd still certainly be in the fandom, for as long as I can.

All in all, when all is said and done... I'd just be proud that I was able to meet so many awesome bronies through it.  The show may come to an end, but I'd hope that the friendships I've made through the fandom will last. :D <3 That alone can make staying in the fandom worthwhile even long after the show is over!~

Edited by Amaris NSane
  • Brohoof 1

I'll continue to watch all the old shows.  The fandom will not die for a long while, so you better believe I'm staying.  Star Wars, Star Trek, Even friggen Troll 2 have stayed together for a LONG time.

All in all, when all is said and done... I'd just be proud that I was able to meet so many awesome bronies through it.  The show may come to an end, but I'd hope that the friendships I've made through the fandom will last. :D <3 That alone can make staying in the fandom worthwhile even long after the show is over!~

Aye! Gentlecolts, and mares, hoist the colour. We will try our best to keep this fandom sailing in the high seas.

As I stated in another topic, I'll be the first to go the their headquarters to protest! I will fight for the show and I think I'll be able to gather large group of people to go with me. If the show dies, I'll die with it, right under their headquarters! :angry:

BTW: Who would want to kill one of the last good things on the earth?!

Well, I think that's not necessary. That's kinda too extreme, but I like yer guts.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

If the show ended before I could finish my game and soundtrack projects, I'd still work on them till completion. After that I really don't know...if I'll not have found brony friends from here by then, I'd likely quit and move on with my life.

I will continue to watch the re runs and read fan fics and look at fan art and continue to write fan fics. And I will give G5 which there will undoubtedly be one the same chance I gave G4, MLP G4 has accomplished what few other mere cartoons have accomplished it has effectively flipped the notions of what is a "girls cartoon" on its head and has launched an overdue debate about the double standards of why girls being into masculine things is seen as normal while the other way around is seen as deviant.

Because of that precedent and all the money Hasbro is making out of its unexpected new audience of bronies it is very likely that they will try to keep that balance between keeping the show appropriate for the "target audience" while still keeping the bronies on board. Change can be a bit scary and may not always work out but it dosen't always have to be bad. But if the worst happens and G5 ends up being a disaster I will be sad but I will move on.

Well, I think that's not necessary. That's kinda too extreme, but I like yer guts.

Yeah not literally( or maybe) ... I know that I'll do everything I can, to bring the show back. Starting from persuading, through helping financially, to the way that I already mentioned. It's a lot of work, but I think it would be worth it. It'll not be the end, until I say it's the end. :lol: Lots of ideas... I mean that this show can be more or less important depending on the person.

While it wouldn't be on the air I would be rewatching old episodes over and over and over and still enjoying the community! :) 

Btw(It's less difficult to reach the 100 chars cap than I thought :P )

about 75% of people who watch the show are bronies. We can very well keep this alive for a long time after the show ends. We will have fan fictions with NO LIMITS! the entire MLP universe will be in our hoofs, and i have faith in our community to keep it going. not for ever, but at least for some considerable time after.

I don't know why everone thinks our fandom will die. Look at the Lord of the Rings that's been around for about 75 years. Star Trek for about 50 and Star Wars around 35. And all of these fandoms are just growing stronger by the day just like bronies and I don't think they are as die hard fans as we are. I don't think I will ever leave the fandom, I don't know why you would. Bronies just need to pass it on to the next generation and we will never die.

• Brohoof 1

We can't forget the comics either, Sonic SatAM ended long ago, but the comic based off it and it's fanbase are both still going strong. Maybe the same thing will happen here, and comic will keep going long after the show is over and tide us over. 

I don't know why everone thinks our fandom will die. Look at the Lord of the Rings that's been around for about 75 years. Star Trek for about 50 and Star Wars around 35. And all of these fandoms are just growing stronger by the day just like bronies and I don't think they are as die hard fans as we are. I don't think I will ever leave the fandom, I don't know why you would. Bronies just need to pass it on to the next generation and we will never die.

Yep and same with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I have been into that fandom for over 20 years and though the green machine incarnations have all been different they have all added something to their legacy and introduced them to new generations of fans. I have found something to like about all of them I love the silly humor and pop culture and movie and comic book parodies/references of the 80's and 90's series, I like the epic showdown feel of the 2003 series and the combination of both in the 2012 series.

I'll most likely howl in a fit of rage, lie on my bed crying my eyes out, and then kill myself the next day, because nothing else would make life worth living. Jk, I wouldn't really do that :P I would get over it pretty quickly and find an other good show to watch. I mean, I really like the show, but it's just an other popular TV series at the end of the day. I would probably just buy some seasons on iTunes or keep watching DVR recordings of some episodes I really like :)

Edited by EpicMuffinTime

I don't think even after the show will the fandom die, I mean I've already rewatched the show several times. And there will always be fan content, theres plenty of fandoms that totally outlast the show, and I hope this fandom is one I stick around with even after the show ends.

However I hope the show doesn't end for a good long while :).

Anyways I think we should still enjoy the present, the fandom may die down a bit after the show stops, but It won't totally die. Plenty of people will stay even just for the really nice community.

But again I hope MLP lasts a really long time, I don't want it to end anytime soon.

Technically, the fandom will die eventually. However, the spirit of the fandom won't for a long time. There's no questioning the fact that we've left a permanent mark in history, so we will always be remembered. That, and the fact that we've got some great artists, authors, composers, video makers (you get the idea), that will continue to create content. And more will come to the fandom and revel in the greatness it is, creating more of these content creators.

Overall, when the show's over, I'll look back on it as a pleasant part of my life, and introduce it to my kids one day, as well as some of the content I've created.

Edited by whoovesfan7698
  • Brohoof 2

I highly doubt the fandom will end when the show does. This show has changed most of our lives so much...and something as fun and big as that is hard to forget or ignore. I, for one, will still rewatch the show and discuss about it amongst my fellow bronies. :) I mean, looks at all those Star Wars and Star Trek fans... they still have a strong fandom, and the movies/series have ended for years now. So I think the brony fandom will continue to live on.

I would hate to see the brony community die out like that...but I highly doubt that would happen. :P There are far too many dedicated and loving bronies out there....plus, the brony community is only just starting. ;) 

When the show ends, there will be even more reason for fan-produced music, video, art and fanfic and no reason for people to just trash all their contacts and be silent. I see no reason why would the community die anytime soon after the show ends. Sure, as the years will pass, it will get smaller and smaller, but then again, I don't even know if I'll be alive in 5 years, so i'm not worried about fandom dying out in 15 years. Yet.

For pony's sake, this fandom shall not die! As people said, reruns aren't boring, i couldn't help but laughing my ass off last night watching that Zecora episode (no. 9) and watching Fluttershy talking like a gangsta. Maybe they would also some kind of movie, or resurrect the series in a 3D style, nothing bad can happen.

This fandom must stay faithful and strong.

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to be honest here. I'll get over it. Sure I'll be bummed but I know everything has its time. I'd rather it go out when that time comes instead of having to deal with worn out material thrown out there every Saturday that isn't that enjoyable.

That being said, I do hope for a Gen 5, and I think it will happen based off of Gen 4s success and it will probably be done in the same manner. Who knows, maybe we can have ponies in 3D next generation :P

I honestly would feel bad as MLP FIM was my favorite shows. Well Developed etc, etc.

But like what @, said. I'm pretty sure the fandom will  go on. Hell, Sailor Moon's fans have been fans for 20+ years and still going strong.

As everyone has said there have been tons of different fandoms that have lasted well after their show was over and I don't think any of these shows have as dedicated fans as this fandom does. My life has been completely changed since I watched the show and I'm sure that I'm not the only one to have this happen to them. I believe once the show is over (which I don't see why they would cancel it anytime soon seeing that it is the most popular show on the Hub) fans will continue to make a lot more content and this fandom will never die.

I would watch the old episodes, and reminis in the joy of the show, and pritty much do the same thing I'm doing right now. plus I don't like htinking about the whole end of the show thing, it makes me sad to think that all good things come to an end.