Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

pinkiefan1287

So before season 3 began, we were given the tittles for the first nine episode. Now that we have seen all of the episodes what I want to ask is,

Did the episode play out like u thought?

What was your original idea for the episode or did you have one?

Were you right or wrong?

Did you like it that way or did you think your idea could have been better?

Going to skip the Crystal Empire episode.

To Many Pinkie Pies- This episode played out I like I thought it would. Pinkie Pie finds someway to make a bunch of copies of herself and they start to go crazy in the town. Was kinda hoping for some more humor. Overall good episode.

One Bad Apple- I had a hard time thinking about this episode, because I was not sure what it would be about. My first thought was that, something was happening to Sweet Apple Acres and something was wrong with the apples. What we got was an episode about bullying. I felt like the show was going to bring this up at some point. You just here more about it. Overall I did enjoy this episode and I was glad that my idea was wrong. Good song and good new character.

Magic Duel-The episode title just screams, Trixie is coming back. My first thought were that Trixie was coming back to face Twilight. For some odd reason I thought this was going to be some kinda Magical Tournament for unicorns. Until, I saw the picks of Trixie taking over Ponyville. This was indeed a great episode and kinda it kinda played out how I thought.

Sleepless in Ponyville- This episode felt like it could have been about any of the characters. It could have been about one of the 6, the CMC, heck could have even been about a side character. At first I thought it was going to be about Mr. and Mrs. Cake not getting any sleep because of Pound and Pumpkin. I also thought about a Luna episode. In the end we got a Scootaloo episode. The episode was alright, but I was hoping for a little more. Like maybe looking more into her character and finding out more about her. In the end Luna got more development and we still know nothing about Scootaloo.

Wonderbolts Academy- This was an easy episode to know what was going to happen. Rainbow Dash got into the Wonderbolt academy and get some training down to become a Wonderbolt. As for the episode, I have to say it did not play out as I thought. I thought it would be about RD learning what comes from being a WB and learning more about team work. For Lighting Dust I thought she would be kinda like a pony who was a weak flyer and did not show off to much, until Rainbow Dash helped her. Still this episode was good and it may not have answered a lot of questions, but it was still a great episode.

Apple Family Reunion-  Another episode with a pretty strait froward title. The Apple Family was going to have another reunion. I was kinda hoping this episode would look at Applejacks parents, but no that didn't happen. It was an alright episode, but not one thats my favorite. The episode kinda enforces the idea that the writers are going to stick with Lauren Faust original ideas and keep them in dead area.

Spike at Your Service- The last episode title we were given before season 3 started was Spike at Your Service. Now the thought that came to my mind when I heard this title was that Spike was going to be helping Rarity a lot with a huge job or something and look more into his feeling towards her. But, we ended up with a Spike and Applejack episode. This was kinda out of left field and what I thought the episode was going to be about. It was alright I guess. Not one of my favorite episodes.

Anyway thats all of the episodes we were given. Tell what you thought the episodes were going to be about and what you thought about them?

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

No, it wasn't what I'd thought it'd be...in a good way, of course!!! :D

Too Many Pinkie Pies was awesome....I wanted to see more Pinkie...and I got it! :P However, the only thing I;m disapointed with is the lack of letters to Celestia...I mean, I don't mind, but it kinda makes the show feel empty. But besides that, love how things are playing out so far! Now I just need a Rarity episode...we haven't seen much of Rarity in a while. 

And as for Spike at your Service, I also expected a Rarity/Spike episode. Surprisingly, it was AJ. But it was fun to see two characters who rarely talk to one another have an episode together. 

Edited by Pixiesong
  • Brohoof 2

Season 3 has all awesome episodes for me.

Season 3 episode 1 to 2 (Crystal Empire) was a lot like the last episodes of season 2 (ep 24 and 25)

Its turning out all great, too bad were half way done with season 3 tho D:

I could write a 9000 word essay explaining all of the episodes specifally, but I'm only really going to say that no, but I mean it in a good way! I didn't expect this season to be this awesome, I was actually quiet afraid this would be a bad season. But after seeing things like Bad apple, and sleepless in ponyville, and not to mention basically all the other episodes, I knew this season was turning out great, and it has continued to turn out great.

So the show hasn't lost its magic, and I hope it never does :). Neither do I want the creators to lose their magic touch for making the show either, they do a wonderful job with all the time and effort they put into the show :D, And it feels like they actually put soul and pride into it, and its not just thrown together.

Well no. I didn't go into watching season 3 with any exceptions. I hadn't seen any previews or read anything about it. I think the season has been fairly good. There has been one episode that I didn't really like that much but even then it wasn't a terrible one. I'm also going to not read/see anything about the next season. I want to be surprised and go into it with no exceptions, that way I'm not disappointed at all.

The Crystal Empire- I enjoyed the premiere well enough. While Sombra could have used more lines, I don't think he needed more screen time, per say, nor was he a bad villain. I think he worked very well as the 'presence' type of villain, a 'Sauron'-esque villain. Many people aren't happy with him, but honestly, I still think many people compare him to charismatic Discord or outgoing Chrysalis. He's a completely different villain, who served a completely different purpose. The episode was all about Twilight deducing and organizing something in order to save an empire, it wasn't just about stopping the villain. I'd say it was about what I was expecting, plus or minus some things here and there.

Too Many Pinkie Pies- I knew this episode was going to be crazy; multiple Pinkies is a concept that inherently leads to borderline chaos as bad as Discord himself. Several things caught my interest though, like the mirror pond concept, and how that might or might not be used in the future. It was sealed up, but you never know. I like how we got to see all of the Mane Six hanging out and relaxing for the most part, up until the Pinkie hurricane. Overall this episode was definitely more or less what I was expecting, and I enjoyed it fairly well. It was a good Pinkie episode.

One Bad Apple- The bullying concept was clear from the synopsis as well as the title, and the 'bullying' theme was given away a month or two in advance, before the season itself actually started. I had no idea what to expect from Babs' character, but after watching the episode again after it's premiere, I enjoyed her character. I think the theme of 'bullying in order to not be bullied' got portrayed well enough. Wasn't perfect, but it was pretty good. They introduced their new character well, and used her role in the storyline well, I thought.

Magic Duel- Even before it was revealed to be Trixie, this episode title had made this episode stick out for me. I had initially hoped this would be the episode that would have Discord in it, actually. Then the synopsis came out and I was like 'well, buck'. I think for a returned villain episode, it went really well. Trixie, who I've always disliked, bumped up on my list because she actually posed a threat this time around, instead of doing nothing but brag, then back it up with pathetic tricks. I liked how serious this episode turned out to be, which is a reoccurring theme throughout this entire season, and believe Trixie's dominion over the ponies due to the evil alicorn amulet felt ominous yet realistic.

Sleepless in Ponyville- At first, I had no idea what this episode was going to be about. The title is open-ended as fuck. However, as soon as the synopsis was revealed, and that it was going to feature Scoots and Dash, I all but religiously prayed for this episode to make Scootalove canon. I was not disappointed. This episode easily turned out to be not only my favorite of the season, but one of my top three favorite episodes of the entire series. The story, character development for Scootaloo and Dash, the reoccurring dawwww' throughout the entire thing, Luna, the darkish nightmare themes, it all was fantastic. It was easily more than what I expected.

Wonderbolts Academy- I hoped there'd be Spitfire, there was. I honestly enjoyed this episode pretty well, too. I didn't at all foresee Lightning Dust though, apart from the three second preview of her and Dash flying from the HUB commercial previews. I think this was yet another shining moment for Dash, who got to demonstrate not only her element, but also some more character development by willingly being ready to sacrifice her dream if it meant it endangered her friends or other ponies. I'd say it wasn't what I was expecting precisely, but after seeing it, I can definitely appreciate where the episode went and how they decided to go about it.

Apple Family Reunion- Like Too Many Pinkies, it was a bit obvious that this was going to be a solo AJ episode on the farm. Honestly, this was my least favorite of the season thus far, simply because it felt a bit plain. AJ in herself is called plain by many people, but that's not at all what made this episode rather bland for me, because AJ episodes do not inherently bore me. Last Round Up was great, Applebuck Season was very amusing, but this was just the underdog of season three for me, I guess. Saw the title and synopsis, watched it, 'Yeah, about what I figured', nothing super noteworthy for me to mention, then I moved on.

Spike at Your Service- TIMBERWOLVES. I've wanted to see more of these creatures since their debut in Family Appreciation Day, so seeing that the description contained them attacking Spike made me have some pretty high hopes for this episode. While I wasn't disappointed by the episode, I think it could have been done a little better in parts. I enjoyed this episode far more than the one before it, though. It was funny, cute, and it was interesting seeing the 3D animation choice for the Timberwolves, as we don't often see that style used. The last we saw it was with Sombra I believe.

Season three has for the most part been what I was expecting, with several episodes going above and beyond what I was expecting.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

The only spoilers I've read before watching any of the episodes were the previews on my DVR's schedules. That being said, mostly I've enjoyed Season 3. Eh. Mostly.

My favorite episodes so far have been Too Many Pinkie Pies (Because let's be honest, you can NEVER have too much Pink...ie Pie.), Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolt Academy and honestly the best ep of the season has been The Apple Family Reunion. I mean it's got a great catchy SONG, good story, and HEY they remembered to send a dang letter to the Princess at the end! Miracles abound!

The remainder of the episodes, the two Crystal Empire eps, Spike At Your Service, and One Bad Apple were all very MEH if not plain out bad (Bad Apple was bad. I hated that ep. -_- Episodes where ponies are just plain mean and nasty to one another for no reason I really don't like because that's not what ponies is about, so Bad Apple and Putting your Hoof Down are on my poop list.)

So while there's been some real winners this season, really, Season 3 hasn't quite stacked up to season 2 so far. I mean honestly, it had a LOT to live up to. Smile Smile Smile etc, those are some big horseshoes to fill. And really, they need to start writing more dang letters to Princess Celestia. Only what. TWO this season?!That's pathetic.

THOUGH. There is a new Discord episode coming the weekend after this, so we have that to look forward to for sure. I really hope they knock that out of the park. With John DeLance involved, it's kinda hard to imagine that they won't, but you never know. I sort of hope with all my heart there's a DISCORD SONG OMFG, but I know that would be too much to ask.....Le sigh....But if they did OMG that would make a big fat WIN for Season 3.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, Season 3 is a little less than I expected. I hoped that having only half the episodes of S1 and S2 would make the S3 shows even better, but it didn't happen. I like what they've done so far, but not as much as the first two seasons. Sleepless in Ponyville was a classic. Wonderbolt Academy and Too Many Pinkie Pies were both great. The rest have been from average to good. Magic Duel was the only one that, on further reflection, really disappointed me.

As it stands I know I'm buying the Season 2 DVDs. The last four episodes (and the price) of S3 will decide whether I buy that set or not.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

Season 3 so far isnt bad at all. My favorite episodes I'd have to say are: Sleepless in Ponyville, Too Many Pinkie Pies , Wonderbolts Academy , Apple Family Reunion , One Bad Apple , and Magic Duel. I didn't really like Spike At Your Service, even though AJ had Spike as her assistant/servant so to speak. But, timberwolves are what put the episode off.

I'll be completely honest: No. I don't feel like Season 3 was worth such the long wait. There have been some enjoyable episodes and all, but I feel like Season 3 isn't what it could've been. In other words, it was not what I thought it would be. :(

Edited by Betez
  • Brohoof 1

What I thought in that the episodes would make me happy in the end? Yes. I try to keep my expectaions low so I don't end up dissappointed at the end(season 2 taught me to never have high expectations). The only episode I had high expectations for so far was Sleepless In Ponyville, but mostly because I've wanted a Scootaloo episode forever and I wanted it to be really good, so I was very happy when the episode exceeded those expectations

I thought season 3 was half-assed and boring. It had its moments, but for the most part, it just seems messy and sloppily put together.

Edited by ~Vallo~

Overall I loved it until Spike at Your Service, I hope tomorrow the season picks up itself. I think my favorite episode was One Bad Apple. The writing in that was extremely well done, and is the prime example of what I love about this show, other than the fact that it is completely adorable!

Edited by Tav of Paradise

I really did expect mostly everything from season 3. In general I mean, Hasbro has given the Bronies everything they wanted. I understand season 1 and 2 were the growing points of the fandom, and season 2 actually had some brony references but now they put almost 2 or more references in each episode so far which really shows how intact they are with the fandom and how much they appreciate us to go out of their way and put certain points in which little kids wouldn't get but we'd be on the other side, enjoying every minute of it!

I know I have

I had a feeling that Season 3 would be very fan based due to the growing number of out fas base. And so far it has been very fan based, which I do love a lot. :) Some people do have a problem that the new season has been very fan based, but for me it's actually really good. But I knew Season 3 would be a very good season filled with good episodes and new surprises, and so far in the series that has come true. :) 

So far, I have loved the season a lot. Some people have not liked it a lot, but I have a lot. :D

It is exactly what I expected it to be. Meaning I think it is an entertaining, well animated, mostly well written cartoon show. As someone else stated I could write an entire essay on most episodes, but I,ll save those for their own posts perhaps.

I think it's average at best. Though one of the episodes is my favorite of all time (Sleepless in Ponyville), it hasn't proven itself to be any better than the previous seasons. I still love it though.

I might eat these words with the...

upcoming Discord episode

Overall I loved it until Spike at Your Service, I hope tomorrow the season picks up itself.

Sorry you had to be disappointed today... And next week...

The next episode had better friggin' be worth the extra wait. I may know the synopsis, but I have no intention of even looking at a single screenshot of that episode until I see the whole thing.

I'm also praying for an early leak I know may not come...

The Crystal Empire- I loved the opener this season had, though it was kinda predictable in the beginning, all that went down the tube when Twilight went and started using dark magic.  I had thought the crystal heart was going to be Cadence.  I was wrong, also I could not have predicted that Spike would be the hero of this episode.  I mean it seems this season is Spike's season to shine.

Too Many Pinkie Pies- From the title one can assume this will be crazy.  I didn't know how crazy, and when it finally showed I was surprised at how crazy it was.  I couldn't have tried to assume what would happen in this episode, although we knew it was going to be insane.  This episode was unpredictable, and went directions I didn't know they would.

One Bad Apple- Before reading the synopsis to this episode I had no idea what I would be expecting.  I had no idea it would be a bullying episode, and at first I wasn't happy about it.  I thought it would be the stereotypical bully episode. To my surprise it became my favorite episode.  It also had the best song EVER!  

Magic Duel- This went down as expected.  Though, I didn't see Zecora being used in this episode  and I'm glad they did.  It added a Star Wars essence to the episode, I was about ready to hear Zecore talk backwards.  Trixie coming back was predictable, her becoming more powerful was predictable, but Fluttershy stealing the episode for me wasn't.  

Sleepless in Ponyville- This is the best episode of this season so far.  The first Scootaloo episode, and honestly this has to be the best CMC episode yet.  I didn't expect anything in this episode, all of it was a surprise to me.  The spinning cam around Scootaloo's face, the surprise Luna presence, the SCOOTALOVE.  Great episode.

Wonderbolts Academy- This episode was rather predictable.  Spitfire stole the episode (for me anyways) as I predicted.  Lightning Dust was going to be a more crazy Rainbow Dash, and Dash was going to give up her Wonderbolt lifestyle, but then get it back.  Very predictable, but a good episode nontheless. 

Apple Family Reunion- This was predictable as well.  I mean it was an ok episode, but it really didn't do what I think it should've done.  The song in it was meh, the story was meh, the characters were great.  The characters in the apple family, and the ones we already know, all worked very well.  This episode was ok.

Spike at Your Service- This episode was actually very good, I don't see why people don't like it.  I honestly loved the episode.  Though the Dragon code was a bit forced, the CGI Timberwolves made up for it.  I liked to see some Spike and Granny Smith interaction.  This was a good episode.