Why do people hate on BlueBlood?

100 beasts kaidou

Rarity didn't force any Stallions to take them to the Gala. She used her charm to ask them and agreed to help BECAUSE they have chivalry. They were doing something nice for a pretty girl. Ponies still do that with no strings attached. 

He was a total jerk. In a land ruled by females, he should be kissing Flank when he meets one like Rarity. Royalty usually has a code of manners they follow as well. He had none of that.

As proof, watch this youtube video of him Rap Battling Big Mac...

• Brohoof 1

Rarity didn't force any Stallions to take them to the Gala. She used her charm to ask them and agreed to help BECAUSE they have chivalry. They were doing something nice for a pretty girl. Ponies still do that with no strings attached. 

He was a total jerk. In a land ruled by females, he should be kissing Flank when he meets one like Rarity. Royalty usually has a code of manners they follow as well. He had none of that.

As proof, watch this youtube video of him Rap Battling Big Mac...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfzS_Tg5eUA

I never said she FORCED THEM, I said she charmed them into it.

So just because hes a noble he needs to do what people expect him to do? So the normal people can be Douchebags but he cant?

I think hes really awesome and got Swag more than half of the characters in MLP. However people seem to call him an asshole, If you call him an asshole you forget hes almost a mirror of Rarity Minus her element, People call him stuff for expecting Rarity to do stuff for him but your forgeting three things.

1) Early that Episode Rarity made a bunch of stallions carry her amd her friends with her charm, but she had no intentions of being in a relation ship with any of them, So why can Rarity take advantage of people but BlueBlood Cant?

2) Hes bedn around servants all his life, He couldnt know better, Real Life nobles many years ago used to spit on peoples faces for nothing, Alteast he gave Raruty a chance.

3) In MLPverse Stallions are the infrerior gender, no matter how much you can deny it, So the chivaly rules should be reversed in MLPverse.

Read those Reassons and lets Worship his swag.

I agree with you up to a certain point. You're very right in saying that Equestria is somewhat primitive and treats loyalty greatly, but you're only halfway correct in saying males are inferior. They may be few in numbers, but that doesn't make them inferior to all females. Besides, that part of your post sort of counters your second point, right? Aside from all that, Rarity's neighbors were probably just being nice. Besides, Blueblood wasn't looking to take advantage of anyone.

When did Rarity slap a filly? I've never seen her hit Sweetie Belle. She seems to proud of her elegance to stoop so low if you ask me.

Not really "slap a filly". By this I mean get in fights. Like at the beginning of the series when she kicked that manticore in the face.

I know she never slapped a filly.

Simple. He's an ass. Ok, all your points are at least mildly valid. But there are some things...

First of all, wheter he was nobility or not is no excuse. No one should be that bad. Second, consider that he is the unique in his douchebaggery. No one is quite as douche as him. Not even Upper Crust and Jet Setter were this bad.

But finally, what I think is the reason people seem to hate him the most for is the fact that he seems to be completely unaware that what he does is wrong. You can just shrug off generic douches for being bad people, but when someone is bad and they don't know that... I don't know about other people, but there's nothing I hate more than people who don't understand why what they're doing is wrong. One should know the difference between good and wrong, even if mildly so. But Blueblood doesn't see good or bad, he sees "good for me" and "bad for me". He sees everyone that is not himself as simple tools and toys.

Thoughs on this:

* A fanfic showing Blueblood learning proper manners would be awesome.

* "Tools and Toys" sounds like it would be an awesome villain song.

Simple. He's an ass. Ok, all your points are at least mildly valid. But there are some things...

First of all, wheter he was nobility or not is no excuse. No one should be that bad. Second, consider that he is the unique in his douchebaggery. No one is quite as douche as him. Not even Upper Crust and Jet Setter were this bad.

But finally, what I think is the reason people seem to hate him the most for is the fact that he seems to be completely unaware that what he does is wrong. You can just shrug off generic douches for being bad people, but when someone is bad and they don't know that... I don't know about other people, but there's nothing I hate more than people who don't understand why what they're doing is wrong. One should know the difference between good and wrong, even if mildly so. But Blueblood doesn't see good or bad, he sees "good for me" and "bad for me". He sees everyone that is not himself as simple tools and toys.

Thoughs on this:

* A fanfic showing Blueblood learning proper manners would be awesome.

* "Tools and Toys" sounds like it would be an awesome villain song.

So hes an Ass? Okay, Nightmare Moon Tried to kill all life on MLPverse because everyone has sex while she works, Discord doesnt even has a reason for what he does, why arent they hated? Tell me

So hes an Ass? Okay, Nightmare Moon Tried to kill all life on MLPverse because everyone has sex while she works, Discord doesnt even has a reason for what he does, why arent they hated? Tell me

Because they're villains, and, to quote TV Tropes, Evil Is Cool. And Blueblood wasn't even evil.

Everyone loves the bad guys. Forget the bad things they did and focus on the personality: Discord is what everyone wishes they could be (capable of doing whatever they wanted, or simply doing things that seem to not make sense)

Nightmare Moon isn't much, but let's remember that she doesn't has any fans. There are Luna fans, and then there are Luna fans that like Nightmare Moon's appearance, but Nightmare Moon doesn't has any true fanbase.

On the other hand, Prince Charmless bad actions were very forgettable (he wasn't being evil. From the worst point of view, he was being rude) but unlike the other two he doesn't has a captivating personality that makes people like him. He's rude, annoying, and worst of all, thinks he's behavior is completely normal and should be tolerated by others. As I view it, there's nothing wrong with not having any manners, as long as you acknowledge that you have no manners.

But I'm not saying he's a terrible character. The problem is that he was only in a few scenes of a single episode. I think he'd have lots more fans if his personality was just expanded upon, if he just appeared again in a new episode. Really, he doesn't even ned to become a better character, we just need more characterization to like him. So what he's a snob stuck-up, if he appears in any episode as an antagonist he'd be cool. Like Trixie. If Snips and Snails hadn't waken the Ursa, she'd have been just an egocentric showpony, and she'd have as many fans as Blueblood. But because we get to see more of her personality, as consequences of having to face the Ursa Minor,  she becomes likable.

To summarize, we dislike Prince Blueblood because (ironically enough) he was just a tool for the plot to move on, rather than a full fledged character. If we saw more of him we'd like him (I think I, at least, would).

Ending thought: Discord did have a reason for what he did: for teh lulz. King Sombra on the other hand was pure evil.

It's mainly because nopony likes a self-centered pony. LOL I do think that he is quite underrated in the fandom. I think I'm one of the only bronies who write about Blueblood,

Yes I like him being. Self Centered, Atleast he plays his charaxter well. Silly Mortals dont understand his greatness. You write fanfics about Him?

It's mainly because nopony likes a self-centered pony. LOL I do think that he is quite underrated in the fandom. I think I'm one of the only bronies who write about Blueblood,

Yes I like him being. Self Centered, Atleast he plays his charaxter well. Silly Mortals dont understand his greatness. You write fanfics about Him?

As I said, self-centered or not, the point is that we couldn't see much of him. If we saw more of this magnificent egomaniac, he'd have a bigger fanbase.

Also, about people don't liking self-centered ponies: what about Trixie? She's self-centered in a different way, but still is.

What can Celestia do? Its his life and she isnt even his aunt, shes his great great.......aunt. And besides Luna you should have mercy on him, You got to rule Equestria, Even Cadance now is hinted to the crystal kingdom, What does he have?

I have to say You do raise a good point there however, I still think someone should at least TRY to teach him a little manners because the way I see it, he's gonna be one lonely stallion if he keeps this mentality up...

That, or he's going to piss off a pony that should not be pissed off to begin with (and I don't mean Rarity either, that damage has already been done)

I have to say You do raise a good point there however, I still think someone should at least TRY to teach him a little manners because the way I see it, he's gonna be one lonely stallion if he keeps this mentality up...

That, or he's going to piss off a pony that should not be pissed off to begin with (and I don't mean Rarity either, that damage has already been done)

Now that were talking about this, Trixie should be taught manners aswell, Atleast unlike her he doesnt hurt other people. He just loves himself so much, hes a pony version of Kuzco

• Brohoof 1

I vote Trollestia to teach him some manners, but seriously though I sometimes call Prince Blueblood Prince Blueballs because that kind of attitude is an instant mare repellant.

• Brohoof 1

Now that were talking about this, Trixie should be taught manners aswell, Atleast unlike her he doesnt hurt other people. He just loves himself so much, hes a pony version of Kuzco

As of Magic Duel, Trixie seems to be getting the hang of this humility thing... in her own boastful way. And I like the comparison with Kuzco. Yeah, I guess they do have a lot of things in common. But Kuzco is so hammy and so damn fun to watch. The show writers did their best to make Blueblood unlikable.

Their not alike at all. 

And Rarity does not take advantage of those stallions.  She asked them for a favor and they helped her, being what neighbors should be.  I'm sure they weren't expecting anything in return either then a thanks.

And Blueblood is a wimp.  xD  He hasn't got 'swag'.  He's just a wimp and knows very little about the real world.

In my opinion anyway.

Oh oh, and another thing.

I don't need fan art and fan stuff to dislike him. 

Edited by Feather Gem

Well, he's very rude to Rarity, unchivalrous, something a prince should never be. Care's too much about getting things on his coat "Stay back, I just had myself groomed". He's also your typical elitist snob as evident on his take on Applejack's food"MY ROYAL LIPS HAVE JUST TOUCHED COMMON CARNIVAL FARE!"

So yeah, it's cause he's not what he should be, being a prince and all

Well technically chivalry was a made up concept that held no real meaning with actual knights and nobles. His actions are actually quite in line with being a noble; he's conceited, selfish, and cares about his looks. If anything he's a lot better than real princes of history. Again, chivalry was just bullshit used to justify the existence of knights when they weren't off at war.

That being said, he's a douchebag.

Because, much like Diamond Tiara, he's an obnoxious twit who I cannot stand. But you know, he's even more annoying than her. She's a slice of life antagonist, what with playing the bully role. Blue Blood's done nothing, so he's just an irritating stuck up. Also, popular fan media only makes him more of a prick, so there's that as well. That doesn't help his image any :3

• Brohoof 1

Why do we hate him?

Uhh I don't know, maybe because he was purposely made to act like such a little prick? :3

Rarity isn't like him, she might be uptight but she's still careful of others, she could of done the same damn thing to Spike, and while she shows no interest in him, she at least tries to spare his feelings by not completely breaking his hear like that Blueblood.

Prince doush bag. (that's his nick)

Was very rude to rarity, and was the most unshivle prince in all of equestria.

He should have his own episode where he learns to be a good stallion! (I think that episode would be a fail one... Like mare do well)

A thread defending Blueblood? Now I've seen everything... :o

Anyway, I just don't like him. Not just because of the way he treated Rarity, but in general he just seems to be overly selfish and snobby, and just not a good character. I don't think he's meant to be liked though. :huh:

(edited)

Prince doush bag. (that's his nick)

Was very rude to rarity, and was the most unshivle prince in all of equestria.

He should have his own episode where he learns to be a good stallion! (I think that episode would be a fail one... Like mare do well)

He acts like half of the guys nowdays.

He should not change himself, Mares like bad stallion and friendzone the good baby dragons.

Edited by Cyborg Empreror Kaidou

He acts like half of the guys nowdays.

He should not change himself, Mares like bad stallion and friendzone the good baby dragons.

1) Agreed, he should not change. He should appear antagonizing a character in a new episode though.

2) He's not bad, he's just douchey. Mares don't like douchey stallions.

Edited by SOHCAHTOA

Your point is right, but it works against you. He acts like a mare, in his mannerisms, and he acts like a child. Men aren't supposed to disrespect women either.

1) Rainbow dash acts like a stallion.

2) Pinkie Pie acts like a child.

3) Discord or King Sombra dont treat thier Mare Victims any better than their Stallion ones

Why arent they also hated?

Just gonna get this off my chest.

BLUEBLOODXBIGMAC 

Practically my OTP

anyways...

I think Blueblood was probably spoiled so his bad attitude is not entirely his fault.

So I do pity him more than hate him I guess.

But damn some of the Rarity bashing going on here is breaking my heart  :(

I love her so! You are too cruel sir  <_<