Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Prince Blueblood Have Had A Redemption Episode By Now?

Denim&Venöm

One of the most vilified characters in the whole series. An antagonist who has been demonized and ridiculed to the Nth degree in many a countless fanfic. And he's only been in one episode.

Never the less, Blueblood's infamy lives on. But should he have had a redemption/reformation episode by this point? Is it too late 6 seasons on? 

• Brohoof 1

I think he should.

In fact,

I hope Prince Blueblood has an episode with Rarity where he tries to make amends for being a jerk to her at the Grand Galloping Gala.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Friends Forever #26 turned him into a surprisingly competent Jerk With A Heart Of Gold.

I keep having trouble getting ahold of mlp comics like that. Could you please give me a good source to buy that particular issue? Because I want to see that.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Well a few answers.

Friends Forever #26 as some one else pointed out did this pretty well...

But...

-

#1: No one REALLY cares. I mean to be honest the show creators kind of poke fun at and acknowledge fanfics from time to time, but they don't care.

#2: He was just a jerk, he's not a villain.. Antagonist yes... But a lot of the "Villain's" in the show really aren't.

#3: I MAYBE see him getting a friendship problem episode... Like Flim and Flam, but not a out and out 'redemption' episode.

• Brohoof 2

I don't see why? I mean, I'm weird in that I don't hate Blueblood, but he doesn't really need to be "redeemed" because he wasn't really a villain or antagonist. Discord, Diamond Tiara, Sunset Shimmer, Trixie and Starlight Glimmer were all at one point main antagonists/villains. 

But Blueblood? Blueblood was just a self-centered jerk to Rarity. If being a jerk was a basis for a redemption episode, then the Wonderbolts need one more than he does.    

• Brohoof 2

Prince Blueblood was a foil to Rarity's shallow love plot from Ticket Master. She was attempting to hook up with someone because of his looks and status only using just her looks alone.

• Brohoof 1

He has made minor appearances before, but it has been a while. With the way the show is going, it wouldn't be surprising at all. They have reintroduced characters not seen for a few seasons such as Trixie and GIlda. 

The opposite. In some episode where Luna and Celestia are away Blublood and Twilight should be left in charge in Canterlot. At fits it looks like just a comedy episode of Blueblood being incompetent and Twilight doing everything. But then a villain attacks and in a Hans like twist Blueblood betrays Twiloght and his friends and they are captured. He is in league with the villain (maybe romantic relationship). And has a villain monologue of being bitter that he should have been Celestia’s student and made alicorn. And explanation for his backstory. My headcanon is that he is a decendant of some other alicorn Celestia raised who is now dead since I don’t know what else makes sense. But then Celestia and Luna return since Spike sent a message and save the day. Blueblood and the other villain is sent to Tartarus.

We have had so many reformations so opposite would be refreshing. Betrayals are common in other fiction but not in MLP so it would not be that easy to see even though Blueblood isn’t likable. And because he is not liked or a big character this could be done I believe despite this being a show about friendship. And Blueblood badly needs a backstory and then leave permanently, what his role is just bothers me. And people would be happy about the princesses doing something.

They have enough male characters to do an episode with them. Blueblood, Zephyr, Shining Armor, and Glimmer's friend get thrown in with Big Mac, Spike, and Discord.

Blueblood and Shining Armor was a missed opportunity of interaction since they're both princes.

Edited by Singe

11 minutes ago, bluseymoe said:

He's not important enough in the grand scheme of things for that. Just a one-shot asshole who served his purpose.

I don't think that rude ponies should continue making Equestria a worse place.

concidering my motto on my profile that is justifialble.

• 4 years later...

Prince Blueblood had only a few minor appearances in one episode, so his character hasn't even been fully explored. You can't have a character redemption without first establishing a good foundation for their personality and other attributes.

He isn’t that important of a character to have a redemption arc. He wasn’t even a villain, just a rude guy. If every rude character in the show had to be redeemed, we’d have 20 seasons of the show.