Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people hate on BlueBlood?

100 beasts kaidou

I think hes really awesome and got Swag more than half of the characters in MLP. However people seem to call him an asshole, If you call him an asshole you forget hes almost a mirror of Rarity Minus her element, People call him stuff for expecting Rarity to do stuff for him but your forgeting three things.

1) Early that Episode Rarity made a bunch of stallions carry her amd her friends with her charm, but she had no intentions of being in a relation ship with any of them, So why can Rarity take advantage of people but BlueBlood Cant?

2) Hes bedn around servants all his life, He couldnt know better, Real Life nobles many years ago used to spit on peoples faces for nothing, Alteast he gave Raruty a chance.

3) In MLPverse Stallions are the infrerior gender, no matter how much you can deny it, So the chivaly rules should be reversed in MLPverse.

Read those Reassons and lets Worship his swag.

Edited by Cyborg Empreror Kaidou
  • Brohoof 2

I will try to counter this with something that is hard to find in todays society.

when i first saw  Prince Blueblood i thought ok he seems nice but when i saw his behavior i thought to myself, didn't any pony teach him Chivalry from where hes from. I was brought up on the ways of old meaning Men arent supposed to behave like children no matter what walks of life they came from :mellow:

Well, Concord doesn't like him because he is him.

I can't say I hate Blueblood. I also can't say I like him. He is a jerk, but he has a reason to be. So I'm quite neutral with him.

• Brohoof 3

Well, he's very rude to Rarity, unchivalrous, something a prince should never be. Care's too much about getting things on his coat "Stay back, I just had myself groomed". He's also your typical elitist snob as evident on his take on Applejack's food"MY ROYAL LIPS HAVE JUST TOUCHED COMMON CARNIVAL FARE!"

So yeah, it's cause he's not what he should be, being a prince and all

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Blueblood is like Rarity?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

Blueblood constantly thinks of himself. He's fully self-absorbed. Rarity is the Element of Generosity. What was the first thing she did in the show? Well, she cleaned Twilight up after the little incident with Dashie. Sure, she's a bit selfish at times, but aren't we all?

Edited by letterONE
  • Brohoof 2

Well, Concord doesn't like him because he is him. I can't say I hate Blueblood. I also can't say I like him. He is a jerk, but he has a reason to be. So I'm quite neutral with him.
How is he a jerk for expecting things from Rarity, If I should Rarity is a jerk for making those Colts do stuff for her a bunch of rarity fans will attack me, It not his fault Rarity believes Disney Chanel

Well, Concord doesn't like him because he is him.

I can't say I hate Blueblood. I also can't say I like him. He is a jerk, but he has a reason to be. So I'm quite neutral with him.

How is he a jerk for expecting things from Rarity, If I should Rarity is a jerk for making those Colts do stuff for her a bunch of rarity fans will attack me, It not his fault Rarity believes Disney Chanel

He made Rarity feel awful.  That's not cool man.   He's a stuck up, good-for-nothing piece of crap.   He doesn't treat anypony with respect,  and he expects respect in return.   Respect is a two sway street, after all.   Rarity has reason to hate him, and based on how he's been characterized, I'd have to agree.  

Edited by TrixieLover97

Well, he's very rude to Rarity, unchivalrous, something a prince should never be. Care's too much about getting things on his coat "Stay back, I just had myself groomed". He's also your typical elitist snob as evident on his take on Applejack's food"MY ROYAL LIPS HAVE JUST TOUCHED COMMON CARNIVAL FARE!"

So yeah, it's cause he's not what he should be, being a prince and all

Some Princes used to rape there Slaves, Some Princes killed people for nothing, Dont believe in disney lies kid, The Prince they have in their shows are fanservises to Little girl, IRL Princes are WAYY more jerk than BB

Swag

Oh dear god how I hate that word...

A mirror of Rarity? You've seen the best night ever right? Rarity isn't afraid to slap a filly or get dirty. If anything BB is the complete opposite.

• Brohoof 2

A mirror of Rarity? You've seen the best night ever right? Rarity isn't afraid to slap a filly or get dirty. If anything BB is the complete opposite.

I ment in some ways.

They both care about their looks.

They both expect threatment from the opposite sex.

If there was a Evil Colt version of the Mane 6 Raritys colt woluld be like BB

• Brohoof 1

I think hes really awesome and got Swag more than half of the characters in MLP. However people seem to call him an asshole, If you call him an asshole you forget hes almost a mirror of Rarity Minus her element, People call him stuff for expecting Rarity to do stuff for him but your forgeting three things.

1) Early that Episode Rarity made a bunch of stallions carry her amd her friends with her charm, but she had no intentions of being in a relation ship with any of them, So why can Rarity take advantage of people but BlueBlood Cant?

2) Hes bedn around servants all his life, He couldnt know better, Real Life nobles many years ago used to spit on peoples faces for nothing, Alteast he gave Raruty a chance.

3) In MLPverse Stallions are the infrerior gender, no matter how much you can deny it, So the chivaly rules should be reversed in MLPverse.

Read those Reassons and lets Worship his swag.

1) She didn't MAKE them do anything.  She asked nicely, they agreed.  If I ask a friend to give me a lift home, am I "taking advantage of them"?

2) The way you're raised is no excuse for being a jerk.  If I was raised with the idea that it's okay to hit people, would you be okay with me suckerpunching you in the face?  Not to mention that Cadence was also raised as nobility, and she treats everyone with kindness. 

3) But it's clear that as far as social norms go, they're not.  The CMC expect Big Mac to be the one to ask Cheerilee out, for instance.  The rules of chivalry are very much the same.

Besides which there's no excuse for using Rarity to deflect a flying cake. 

• Brohoof 1

Just the way he carries himself grates on my nerves. I have never been able to put up with people who boss me around and treat me like I'm nothing. I. Just. Can't. Deal with it. Perhaps he doesn't now better, but honestly, doesn't he live with Celestia since he's her nephew? It seems like she would teach him.

He's a stuck up prig who doesn't know how to act around other ponies, female or not. Rarity was probably the first pony he saw and she was the only one at the party who didn't know what he was like.

1) She didn't MAKE them do anything.  She asked nicely, they agreed.  If I ask a friend to give me a lift home, am I "taking advantage of them"?

2) The way you're raised is no excuse for being a jerk.  If I was raised with the idea that it's okay to hit people, would you be okay with me suckerpunching you in the face?  Not to mention that Cadence was also raised as nobility, and she treats everyone with kindness. 

3) But it's clear that as far as social norms go, they're not.  The CMC expect Big Mac to be the one to ask Cheerilee out, for instance.  The rules of chivalry are very much the same.

1) I dint say she forced them to.

2) BB is a poor guy, unlike real life princes he has no chance for the thron.

3) I guess your right, But I think it should be reversed seeing how in MLPverse Mares seem to have every important job.

Survival of da fist Babah

When did Rarity slap a filly? I've never seen her hit Sweetie Belle. She seems to proud of her elegance to stoop so low if you ask me.

1) I dint say she forced them to.

2) BB is a poor guy, unlike real life princes he has no chance for the thron.

3) I guess your right, But I think it should be reversed seeing how in MLPverse Mares seem to have every important job.

Survival of da fist Babah

Just the way he carries himself grates on my nerves.ave never been able to put up with people who boss me around and treat me like I'm nothing. I. Just. Can't. Deal with it. Perhaps he doesn't now better, but honestly, doesn't he live with Celestia since he's her nephew? It seems like she would teach him.He's a stuck up prig who doesn't know how to act around other ponies, female or not. Rarity was probably the first pony he saw and she was the only one at the party who didn't know what he was like.
Hes Ok for a prince, Why do you think the Frech revo ever happened? Was it because the RL princes were so nice? Hes like lets say a famous Singer who everybody worshiped so he got used to it, its hard to get rid of habbits

I don't hate Blueblood but I think people hate him because, he only cares for himself or as people say self-absorbed. I know Rarity was looking for a dream stallion at the Galloping Gala but, instead she got a self-centered jerk.

I kind of expected this from BB because, of his royal prince personality and even with a pony like Rarity when they are both practically identical except for Rarity's element. Rarity isn't really self-absorbed most of the time.

In all honesty, even I don't HATE Prince Blueblood, I just STRONGLY dislike his behavior (I honestly don't like hating, it's just too strong of an emotion) I honestly would've thought Celestia would teach him some manners (beings he's her nephew and all) but I guess not *Luna Shrug*

In all honesty, even I don't HATE Prince Blueblood, I just STRONGLY dislike his behavior (I honestly don't like hating, it's just too strong of an emotion) I honestly would've thought Celestia would teach him some manners (beings he's her nephew and all) but I guess not *Luna Shrug*

What can Celestia do? Its his life and she isnt even his aunt, shes his great great.......aunt. And besides Luna you should have mercy on him, You got to rule Equestria, Even Cadance now is hinted to the crystal kingdom, What does he have?

Well, why WOULDN'T you hate him? Next to Diamond Tiara, this guy makes the top of the most hated  highly unliked characters of the show.

I mean, I know he's royal and 'raised like that' but that's no excuse for him to act like a snob. I mean, yeah, Rarity might act uptight sometimes, but in that episode (The Gala) she really proved that she isn't really uptight and has a 'normal' side to her. Prince Blueblood just acted like a jerk to her, 'nuff said. Even Rarity doesn't approve.

Though I appreciate your kindness towards Blueblood, he doesn't even come close to having more 'swag' than the mane six. Or Rarity. Just no. He is a self-absorbed snob, and there's no excuse, hi parents should have taught him how to behave, ect. Plus, nopony messes with Rarity! D:

• Brohoof 2

What can Celestia do? Its his life and she isnt even his aunt, shes his great great.......aunt. And besides Luna you should have mercy on him, You got to rule Equestria, Even Cadance now is hinted to the crystal kingdom, What does he have?

He has wealth and nobility.  Which is a hell of a lot more than most ponies. 

I mean, you really need to pity the people who are rich nobility and have servants waiting on them hand and foot.  Boy, he really got a bum deal didn't he? 

• Brohoof 2

Well, why WOULDN'T you hate him? Next to Diamond Tiara, this guy makes the top of the most hated  highly unliked characters of the show.

I mean, I know he's royal and 'raised like that' but that's no excuse for him to act like a snob. I mean, yeah, Rarity might act uptight sometimes, but in that episode (The Gala) she really proved that she isn't really uptight and has a 'normal' side to her. Prince Blueblood just acted like a jerk to her, 'nuff said. Even Rarity doesn't approve.

Though I appreciate your kindness towards Blueblood, he doesn't even come close to having more 'swag' than the mane six. Or Rarity. Just no. He is a self-absorbed snob, and there's no excuse, hi parents should have taught him how to behave, ect. Plus, nopony messes with Rarity! D:

He has swag, Dont hate on my homie yo! Us niggas will destroy you.

Seriously Its not like he punched her or anything, He prop has alot of fangorls doing those stuff to him to he would think itsa normal thing a ladymare does to a stallion

Some Princes used to rape there Slaves, Some Princes killed people for nothing, Dont believe in disney lies kid, The Prince they have in their shows are fanservises to Little girl, IRL Princes are WAYY more jerk than BB

Why are you equating this to real life senarios? The main point being is that in the context of the show most royal figures have acted quite politely, and are extraordinarily kind. Blue Blood really didnt react in a manner befitting his proposed relative. In the short time Blue Blood was on screen he demonstrated negative characteristics primarily narcissism. Such self absorbed characters can be deep and have many redeeming qualities, Darkwing Duck being a great example. However that is not what the purpose of blue blood was, he seemed more of a plot device than a true character.

• Brohoof 1

He has swag, Dont hate on my homie yo! Us niggas will destroy you.

Seriously Its not like he punched her or anything, He prop has alot of fangorls doing those stuff to him to he would think itsa normal thing a ladymare does to a stallion

I think why people "hate on blueblood" is because he is supposed to be one of those characters that has little to no redeeming qualities. Yes Rarity does have some of Blueblood's negative qualities but they are not nearly as bad and are balanced out with some of her more positive qualities. So far Blueblood is the only member of the royal family that acts this way so you can't blame it entirely on the way he was raised, it is likely that his parents are just as bad but he must at some point have had some interaction with Celestia and Cadence as he was growing up. I don't hate Blueblood as a character because he does his job as a character very well, and that is being a rude self centered jerk.

I think why people "hate on blueblood" is because he is supposed to be one of those characters that has little to no redeeming qualities. Yes Rarity does have some of Blueblood's negative qualities but they are not nearly as bad and are balanced out with some of her more positive qualities. So far Blueblood is the only member of the royal family that acts this way so you can't blame it entirely on the way he was raised, it is likely that his parents are just as bad but he must at some point have had some interaction with Celestia and Cadence as he was growing up. I don't hate Blueblood as a character because he does his job as a character very well, and that is being a rude self centered jerk.

Thats why I like him, Because he knows how to play his character, he know how to be a douchebag. Love pr hate him you cant deny how Well written he is, Unlike some characters Iam not gonna name because People love her (Note not Rarity).