Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What are your top 3 game shows?

qqq

Game Shows  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Deal or No Deal
    • Wheel of Fortune
    • Family Fortunes/Feud
    • Wordy Things (eg. Countdown)
    • Obscure Japanese things
    • The Cube
    • Total Wipeout
    • Quizzes (eg. Who wants to be a Millionaire?)
    • Other (In case an option wasn't there)
  2. 2. Have you appeared on a Gameshow?

• No.
    • I was in the audience
    • I appeared or played!

I used to watch some game shows, but I got really worn on the genre as a whole. My top 3 would be:

1. Cash Cab

2. Jeopardy!

3. Catch 21

Though most games shows feel stupid to me, those three don't. Though in a way Family Feud is a sort of guilty pleasure of mine, and I sort of liked Deal or No Deal and Chain Reaction.

"who wants to be a millionaire" was my favorite when it was new. The concept was fast paced. It was easy for a dumb person like myself to guess from the 4 options. But it was the background music and that catchphrase that made the show great! Gotta love a perfect format!

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if this counts but America’s gots talent I mean it’s still a competition. I know the show it’s corny as shit but it’s entertaining enough to come home from work to relax. I’m recently into Songland as well. As a songwriter (for fun) myself, I can learn some few things from that show. 

But I hate game shows that it’s about watching people playing boring games to win money. 

I don't think I can pick just 3, I'll try however,
Golden Balls, The Cube, Don't forget the lyrics UK

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:17 AM, Tacodidra said:

My favorite would have to be BBC's Pointless. Fun to watch, enjoyably difficult (the contestants are expected to give a less well-known answer) and with a wide range of categories (I tend to do well in the music-related questions). Also an entertaining pair of hosts with great chemistry! :yay: Some of the questions can be a bit UK-centric for a foreign viewer like me, but that's inevitable to an extent. :P

I've not watched BBC Pointless in years,
probably because it's on at the same time as ITV/STV/UTV The Chase, which my family tend to watch more,
yeah, I can understand, I always struggle with watching American stuff when there's really localised humor, I struggle with understanding it (probably because I live in Scotland :D )

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:17 AM, Tacodidra said:

I don't really watch other game shows at the moment. :adorkable: I used to enjoy the local version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire years ago, but I don't like the current version of the show (too much low-brow humor and other unnecessary stuff, and the difficulty of the questions is too inconsistent).

Yeah, most new game shows are so boring

• Brohoof 2

Generally speaking I dislike game shows. But if I had to pick three they’d be old ones like ‘What’s My Line?’ ‘To Tell the Truth’ and ‘Family Feud.’ Keep in mind I’m not referring to the modern remakes of these shows; the ones I mean are from the 1960s and ‘70s. 

• Brohoof 1