Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I find it funny

Discordian

That when everyone wonders what will happen to the Cutie Mark Crusaders and what would happen if they ever got their cutie marks what would happen to the CMC with questions like: Would they just stop being very relevant in the show? Would they help other blank flanks discover their cutie marks?

Well, instead of just straight up giving an answer the creators extend the process into other fillies in other parts of Equestria. If by chance the original CMC do get their cutie marks they could just start doing episodes of Babs and the eastern branch of the CMC.

What do you think? Would that be an acceptable continuation of the adventures of the CMC? Would you rather they call it quits somewhere in season 3?

I've seen in comments on Youtube (I know) that some people think no one actually likes the CMC but we all know that's blatantly false. I, for one, absolutely adore the CMC.

Edited by Discordian

Ha, nobody likes them!? I'd recall many people from the forums who would love to say differently.  I for one <3 Scoots! :wub:

But that aside, I think if they did find their talents, they would go on to help others.  But I don't think they will find them anytime soon, at least within my own opinion.

• Brohoof 2

I personally think that they will get their Cutie Marks at the end of the series so I don't think this will be an issue.

As for the CMC, as much as some people love to whine about their episodes, they are actually quite popular with many fans. I personally like Sweetie Belle and adore Scootaloo so I would be against replacing them. Let them keep on crusading for now :).

• Brohoof 2

Personally I love all three of them. I used to not care as much about Scootaloo simply because I felt they didn't flesh her out much but after the episode Sleepless in Ponyville I grew to like her as much as the others. Though Applebloom's hairbow is adorable, especially the way it bobs around in later episodes in the series. (Particularly during the Babs Seed song)

I think the CMC will get their cutie marks at the end of Season 3. They will get their cutie marks sooner or later, if not there wouldn't be a point of them trying to get their cutie marks. I, for one love Applebloom and Scootaloo in CMC and their like my favorite Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Since the last episode is about cutie marks, I would guess they will get it at the end of season 3.  Maybe 1 of them will get theirs at the end of the episode and it cuts, and the begining of season 4 would be the 2 other ones trying to cope and the one that has hers tries to help the other two.  Either that or they are never going to get them.

I'm sort of a Sweetie Belle fan so I'm hoping that they still have plenty of relevance if they do get the marks, they still should.

I also have this thought in my head that if the MLP:FiM series is ended and a new series based on the FiM Universe, the original members of the CMC would return as adults perhaps.

A CMC spinoff series would not be a bad idea at all methinks. I wanted a Daring Do spinoff too though that's pretty unlikely. CMC is a little more likely but still I'm not countin' my chickens.

• Brohoof 1

A CMC spinoff series would not be a bad idea at all methinks. I wanted a Daring Do spinoff too though that's pretty unlikely. CMC is a little more likely but still I'm not countin' my chickens.

Maybe a future episode dedicated to Daring Do? A whole one-shot episode. More characters made from original Mane Six models.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think much will come when the CMC get their cutie marks. We might see them now and again in the show, helping out in someway or them getting better at their skills, but I think they will get less screen time. If they get their cutie makes I don't see much they can do after that. 

I also don't believe in the idea they will help other blank flacks or episodes where we look at the other CMC. I think the 3 will just learn to be patient about getting their cutie marks and they will just tell other that. Just like what everypony has been telling them for the last 3 years.

As for the other CMC I just don't see many interesting episodes. We don't know anything about the other 2 new CMC, it would just be hard to develop 2 new characters we know nothing about, they don't have any connections to any of the 6.

I'm just not a huge fan of the CMC. If I had to pick my favorite it would be Sweetie Bell and my least favorite would be Scootaloo.  

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 1

I, for one, think their bare flanks will just keep on being a running gag. I also think that the end of S3 will be focused on the Mane 6, not the CMC, and therefore, there is very little chance of them getting their marks then, regardless of the cutie mark-centered plot.
However, I could see a very special episode where they just decide to do what they're talented at and what makes them happy, thus gaining their shiny new butt stamps. Along with a lot of preaching about following your heart and whatnot, of course.

After that, I think they'd just become... well, not really 'background' ponies. They'd still have roles, just not as prominent. They'd still be there if an episode calls for a few child-related situations, just with a picture on their flanks and less Cutie Mark Crusader hang gliding. I could perhaps see them giving advice to other blank flanks, but not so much episodes focused on Babs and the others.

• Brohoof 1

I think this is a pretty good idea. I'd love to learn more about other towns like Fillydelphia, Manehattan, Las Pegasus, and I'd love to learn more about Babs and her family.

They could still be relevant in a different capacity. Right now they're on a mission of self-discovery and have bonded over this common trial (Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra). Once they get their cutie marks they'll likely "re-bond" by trying to figure out ways to pool their abilities. Think of the talent show, except done right. We've been entertained by their failures in the past, so maybe we can be entertained by their successes in the future.

Even so, I think they're better off remaining exactly as they are, and probably will remain blank flanks until the end of the series.

Edited by Artemis

I honestly think that the CMC won't obtain their cutie marks until the very end of the series, but thats just me.

So i don't think there will be any problems.

I do wanna see a spinoff though with bab seed though :P. For somereason after hearing about his friends in Apple family reunion I really want one.

I'd be very surprised if they ever get their marks. Their whole shtick is to get into kid-level trouble trying out stuff to get their marks. Well, except that they haven't done that at all this season and have instead dealt with other kid-level trouble instead. Which is nice and makes them a little less one-note and encourages me to think that the writers would be able to do stuff with the CMC even after they stop being the CMC. Whatever talents they turn up would certainly need practice and fine-tuning and experimentation to make the most of them.

• Brohoof 2

whenever i hear the phrase: "end of the series" I die a little on the inside. As for the CMC getting their cutie marks it aint gonna happen until they mature mentally. i think it would be nice to see Babs and the eastern CMC in their own episode, but save it for the end part of season 3 or the beginning part of season 4

• Brohoof 1

I doubt the CMC would get their cutie marks before the series end, it would make a lot more sense if they got it on a season/series finale so there wouldn't be any cliffhangers xP I like the idea of Babs Seed and her CMC adventures, maybe Apple Bloom and her gang would help Babs as soon as they get theirs.

I noticed that people sometimes groan at the idea of a CMC episode.  Me, I don't get it.  Sweetie Belle is best pony. 

Anyway I agree with the rest that the CMC aren't going to get their cutie marks before the end of the show, because that's sort of their schtick.  But what if before the end of the show they build towards it- i.e. practicing or using their implied special talents, not because they're trying to find their cutie mark, but because they *want to*, in addition to other cutie mark related adventures?  That way when they figure it out, it'll have had a proper buildup.

i believe princess coronation is about skyla, so here is my theory:

skyla and the cmc will become friends.

scootaloo will do awesome acts at the ceremony. 

sweetie belle will sing

applebloom will make... somthing.

all get their cutie marks!!!

or they could never get them XD

While I am not the biggest CMC fan (or at least I wasn't at the beginning) I like scootaloo and like them now. I think the CMC will be like Bonnie in Family Guy. She was pregnant forever and then one day awhile later they made a joke about it and bam baby. I think they will be blank flanks until people just accept it as what it is and don't give it a second thought. Then one episode CUTIE MARKS. It would make it so much more special and at least 20% cooler.

I am not a huge fan of CMC, but I do like Scootaloo.  As far as speculation as to what would happen to them - I still think they would be relevant to the show and still get the same screentime they always do without the focus of looking for cutie marks as they would already have them.

I'm not sure how they would go about helping others in the area find cutie marks as there was never much emphasis on anyone else in Ponyville needing theirs, though I'm sure the writers could just add new characters to fill in that gap were that to happen.  I would like to see something like that explorered were the CMC ever to get their cutie marks during the series.

I wouldn't really like to see CMC continued elsewhere least of all with Babs.  I didn't like her character at all.  It also leaves little room for the already existing ponies everyone knows and loves to make appearances in those episodes as they may be occuring elsewhere, but also opens the door for new characters to be introduced.  Not sure if that would be a good or bad thing to be honest.

I hope the CMC get their cutie marks soon.  I've always wondered what theirs would look like.  Plus it would give Hasbro an excuse to expand their toy line lol

Yeah, that would have to be their arc for an entire season: first one Cutie Mark Crusader has her cutie mark, then two. The writers could show them dealing with them not all getting their cutie marks at the same time, and setting them up to be the lifelong friends we all know they'll be.

It would be amazingly weird for them to get them all at once, and quite a waste.