Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MLP' Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

Captain Marvelous

Right now... frogs... and Mist ninjas

@,

I forgot to do this, oops l:/

I'm not getting the notifications :/ I'll just follow the thread.

That's cool. My friend had a Frog Monarch deck so I've got some experience facing that. He used to always make Slacker Magician which was kind of hard to get over. Caius is great too, of course. Haven't really played Mist Ninjas much though.

@,

Oh, they're, eh... fun, to go against if they draw right, but hold thier own nonetheless. Even though my build is kinda... wierd.

Are you talking about your Frog deck or your Ninja deck? and weird how?

Edited by fimdashie

@,

It's best when they don't see it coming...

Also, you have a DN account, right?

Uhh yeah I can't play right now though xD sorry. I'll PM you my username sometime

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I loved the original Yu-Gi-Oh! anime.

I haven't watched any of the others, because of no interest.

If it doesn't have Yami in it, I don't wanna see it. ^^

Not saying others aren't good!

Just that I <3 Yami, and want to watch him duel his heart out.

I don't play that often, mostly because I'm still learning the "ropes", and the guy who's "teaching" me only beats me without ever really telling me anything.

My deck, I think, is a Dark-only deck.

(I did sneak in a couple of lights, though! Can't go wrong with Blue Eyes now, can we? ^^)

My favorite monster is Dark Magician, probably.

After I learned his backstory in the anime, I loved him thrice as much. ^^

I'm not that good at the game, but I certainly loved the anime. ^^

What I still play is a Fairy deck my best friend made for me. It's amazing because in his prime he broke the game with first-turn-win-always decks, but this Fairy Deck has a copy of Shining Friendship just to represent our friendship, in true show fashion, and I always keep it in the deck. And for some reason this 1300 ATK monster kicks butt whenever I do play it. 

FTW

I have about 1,000 cards right now. I usually look for anything that suits a beatdown strategy or some overpowered card already on the banlist.

I have three decks. The first one is general beatdown that focuses more around dragons and warriors. The second one is mainly dragons with a mixture of beatdown, swarming, and some support for light monsters (Photon, Hieratic, Blue-Eyes). The last one is focused around dinosaurs and warriors, and is especially focused on swarming the field. I don't play competitively, so I'll put any card in the deck even if it's forbidden status. B)

My favorite monster is Meteor B. Dragon. I like the design on it and it's one of the more powerful level 8 dragons out there. :D

For the show, I've pretty much watched every episode of the original, so I do like it the most. I watched a little bit GX and I enjoyed it. I never saw 5D's, but after some playing of the Tag Force 4 game I do like a lot of the characters, my favorites being Yusei and Akiza. I've seen some Zexal and I kind of like the dueling and action, but Yuma seems rather stupid. :derp:

Edited by Gernia

• 1 month later...

What kind of decks do you use?

• Blackwings - This one's iconic for me, between me and my friends. It's a deck I'm fairly comfortable with. 
  • 2nd is my Blue-Eyes deck -- When I saw support came out, I had to build this. 

What is your favorite monster? I'm torn deciding between two.

• The Blue-eyes white Dragon -- My very first Yu-gi-oh card. It's back from when the game first came out, of course it's in bad condition, so I keep it in a card sleeve as a memento. Since then, I have three new Blue-Eyes cards and recently made a deck. You have no idea how happy I was to see Azure-eyes and the new support come out for it.
  • And my Black-rose Dragon -- other than it's effect being awesome, and bailing me out of many hopeless situations, I thought Akiza was an amazing character in 5D's. 

Which is your favorite show?

• 5D's - It's just barely above the original for having new cards and characters I really liked.

I used to play Yu-gi-oh when I was a kid. Some friends of mine tried to get me back into it, but they kept talking about synchronizations and xyz monsters or something. So I played against one of them, and they pulled out some wind up toys and made me discard my entire hand in the first turn. After that, I was like "nope".

I have some Yu-Gi-Oh cards especially the Egyptian God Cards, Gate Guardian, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End, and Five God Dragon

• Brohoof 1

I always had an odd strategy with this game. I used the out-of-play zone cards (D.D. Warrior, Gran Maju Da Eiza, etc.)

Gran Maju + a spell called Skull Lair was unbeatable. Just look up the card effects and you'll see what I mean.

I haven't played in a while but I never played meta, I just used to mess around with my mates. I have a Cyber Dragon/Chimeratech deck. My favourite card? Chimeratech Fortress Dragon (combine this with DNA Surgery for ultimate lulz) but I also like Cyber Lava for its awesome stalling abilities.

Gem-Knights were my favorite, especially my ace Gem-Knight Master Diamond.

Btw, i wonder what kind of deck our favorite ponies would run if they were in the show....

• Brohoof 1

Wow, by a lot of these comments it seems like it's been ages since people even thought about yugioh.

You know guys, I would actually recommend getting back in to it. Game has evolved a lot and the shows have gotten a lot better (by the end of Zexal, everyone died. Yep.)

I'm a huge nerd for Yu-Gi-Oh! :D

I use a very... unorthodox type of deck. Something most other duelists would laugh at, actually. XD Until I beat them with it. ._.

Whats that then? Chronomalys? Everyone laughs at them man.

Whats that then? Chronomalys? Everyone laughs at them man.

The type of deck I use doesn't have a label. It... just wouldn't do the deck justice. The deck is based on nullifying my opponent's back row as I force my opponent down to my level. I could go into further detail if you want.

The type of deck I use doesn't have a label. It... just wouldn't do the deck justice. The deck is based on nullifying my opponent's back row as I force my opponent down to my level. I could go into further detail if you want.

Please do, i'm curious, I run Six Sams (Or at least I used to, still have the deck) and that literally would not stop me. Sams engine is its monster effs (Used to be gateway until it was forbidden.)